4 Questions

K

Best answers
dude i did man i went into safe mode and wen i try to run scan disk it says that theres too many applications runnin which makes scan disk slow but the only thing im runnin wen i try scan disk is Explorer at least thats wat it says wen i press ctrl+alt+del so please anyone HELP

K

Best answers
man im sorry for double postin i dont care if i get banned wait i do care and ill be dissapointed but i really need help i wanna fix this problem so please guys help

Best answers
Dude Cookster just told you what to do. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del in safe mode then click the PROCESSES tab. Then end task of everything except Explorer.exe.
You have been told multiple times not to double post, EDITING your posts works the same way, and it dosn't piss off the mods. Editing also brings your post to the top of the list, last time I checked.

Gatsu, had you looked around megagames, you would have noticed their failry large (but unorginzied) tweek section. Also there is a config.cfg file creator for HL at tweek3d.net that could make your HL run a little better, I ran it a while ago just for ****s and giggles and it helped out a bit.
Yeah, go to price club and get an HP. hehehe.. whew.. good one. HPs at wal-mart or sams club = **** ass celeron with **** ass intel based graphics card. And he has an extremly low end system, if he wants to upgrade, he really has no choice but to build a new computer, or, buy one.

K

Best answers
dude ive tried to go into task manager WHILE in safe mode and the only thing running is Explorer.exe and i still cant run scandisk HELP!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
do not double post ever. You know not to double post. So you get a warning for double posting.

Just be patient.

K

Best answers
dude im sorry but i really really want to fix this problem so please HELP

Best answers
Not my problem anymore, you continue to post unncessary comments. Go look on google for things, your system is too outdated for me to provide any more help.

You may just need a good ol' reformat.

K

Best answers
dude comeon im sorry its just that wenever i have computer problems i always ask u guys cuz u guys always help other people there hasnt been one thread that says at the end"no u didnt help" it always ends with "thanks a lot"or somethin like that so cookster i appreciate all ur help i really do, and i dont know if u guys dont feel like helpin me anymore i understand id be dissapointed but i understand but if ur still willin to help then please answer

Best answers
since you have an old comp that dosen't have much life left, you may want to overclock the proesser. her is a great like with lots of tools!
http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html?/html/links/ocsoft_links.html

ps: on my old computer icouldn't run scandisk and got the same error. how ever my computer was much worse.(200mhz,96 ram, sis6326 gpu!) since you comp is trash, you might be able to overclock it to 500-533 mhz. also download the fbs overclocker at the link!

K

Best answers
i dont know how to overclock my pc i dont even know wat it does and can someone answer the scandisk problem man im gettin desperate :cry: sometimes i feel like choppin my comp in 2 lol

K

Best answers
uh how will overclockin my pc help cuz i dont know wat overclockin does and someone please help me with the scandisk problem im begging u :cry:

Best answers
Overclocking makes your processor work harder than its suppose to, sometimes it cant be dangerous and result in your processor overheating (or your graphics card). So be careful when overclocking, if you decide to.

K

Best answers
thanks slander but i dont think im gonna risk it i mean my comp is old enough and i guess itd be dangerous to overclock it, but slander or anyone, can u help me with the scandisk problem

Best answers
thats the whole reason you should overclock it. by dangerous he dosen't mean make it explode. overclocking can make the life of a proesser shorter but since yours is on its death bed anyway, it couldn't hurt. and i told you! the scandisk probleem happenes to old computers, it used to happen to me.

ps:search for overclocking on google

K

Best answers
dude im not gonna overclock it it may be old but my comp has always come through for me lol o and slander gave me this app that ends everything so im guessin that now i can scandisk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom