3ds max

Best answers
can anny one tell me how to snap 2 polygons in to 1 polygon in 3ds max

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
select those 2 polygons and push space <_< thats what i remember

Best answers
push what? i don't think i used that lol, i just select those 2 polygons and use the Scale tool and scale em together and then just weld and your done :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
post a screenshot of what you mean, and read the manual ;)

Best answers
if i think what u mean just select one of the vertex hit target wield and click on the vertex then click on the one you want to wield it to, but i maybe wrong cuz not clear on what you mean

Best answers
this is a pic of Milkshape want to do the same thing in 3dsmax

3ds max

i only want to know how to snap 2 polygons together

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
select the 2 verts right click and collapse :p easy as pie.

Best answers
hmm i sellect them and i clicked on collapse but stil doest work i'm dowing somthing rong?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its cuz there is a face connecting all sides of it, delete the bottom face of the cube and try again.

Best answers
not realy work i cant weld 2 differend polygons of 2 boxes together but i can weld 2 polygons of 1 box together not 2 differend boxes

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
try switching to Edit Mesh, or if you want to keep using edit poly, delete the faces that are towards each other and try collapse again >_>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, in milkshape, none of the verticies or edges are actually connected, in max, they are. so obviously, you cant weld two faces together if there is no open edge.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok the techneak i use is:
go to edit poly
then select the 2 vertexes
then go down were weld is stated next to it its a lil button press that and keep pushing the number up until they become 1 then just press ok and done

im an ex milkshaper 2 and this is the easyest for me try it out

(ps afterwards you can change back to edit mesh)

Best answers
wrong i tryed that a lil while back and it connects more vertexes then you want to connect, PS i ment Vertex instead of Polygon, try useing Edit Poly, then goto Vertex inder the +, then just follow what i said up there! ok try it and if it don't work... you knwo my MSN :D

Best answers
Okay, milkshape is a good modelling program but is annoying and hell and is also very stupid. Who would want to weld two boxes with faces in the middle? Only milkshape would allow that. in max, this wouldn't be the case because it identifies there is a face between the vertices

its like in real life, if you wanted to weld a box together, you wouldnt have the face in the middle thats between the verts you want to weld. Instead you would get rid of that face and then select the two verts and right click, collapse.

Best answers
i delleted the 2 faces and tryd to weld 2 polygons together stil doest work
mybe you have a pic for me?

Best answers
Okay.

Go to edit mesh. Go to vertex mode. Scroll down on your right bar until you see something called 'weld'. In the box next to select, input a high number, (1000 for example). Select your two polygons you want to be 'snapped'. Then click weld.

There you go. I dont know how to do it in edit poly, because I dont use it. I hope this helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom