3D designe - "Predator"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, if you need help i know how to do some pretty cool metal effects in max :)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
well, if you need help i know how to do some pretty cool metal effects in max :)
Thank you for your offer but i know that 2 , and i cant use maps , it must be skinned for the final result :)

Best answers
It's looking awesome mate, I'm really impressed. You may as well have scanned the real thing. I can't see any imperfections in there at all, the way you've done the camouflage is just brilliant. Can't wait to see the finished result. If this isn't your profession then it damn well should be.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
awesome work, you really improved since your last models, your technique is better, well done! =D

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
awesome work, you really improved since your last models, your technique is better, well done! =D
yeah my Tom Cruise designe wasnt all that top notch , but that was a some time ago ...

About the Predator : i am having a realy hard time finding a front and side reference picture. So it might take me a wile , i will try giving updates as soon as possible .
P.s After the Predator i am making the Alien , because that is the project . To make a 20 minutes clip.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
D.Anderson said:
yeah my Tom Cruise designe wasnt all that top notch , but that was a some time ago ...

About the Predator : i am having a realy hard time finding a front and side reference picture. So it might take me a wile , i will try giving updates as soon as possible .
P.s After the Predator i am making the Alien , because that is the project . To make a 20 minutes clip.
yup, Tom Cruise was awesome too...but this predator is a whole new level m8 :smile:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi ***< someone...! Nice model...You improved alot dude! :eek: ^.^

Best answers

They're not the greatest by any means, but I hope those help mate. Good luck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

"thas right f00 im booka teeh!!! im gonna lay teh booken on jow ass!"

*commentator* "oh no is it? yes!!! its the spineroony!!!!"

sorry...i couldnt resist...

Best answers
roflmao...
______

Yeah... from those ref pics it looks like the jaw comes out more than it goes in. From the look of the model it looks like you have it backwards, but then again i shouldn't be saying anything from a front view.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gir and freeze, that was spam and you know it, if you dont have anything to say about the model say it elsewhere

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
Unknown// said:
Hi ***< someone...! Nice model...You improved alot dude! :eek: ^.^
Improved? Where is this guys previous work? I have never seen anything else posted by him, can u link me?

As far as the model, imo it looks really off, not much like the predators i have seen,t he old man wrinkles in the front of his head i have never seen, nor that skull type, the eye and mouth area look weird as well, tho it might change once you add a texture we will see. The cloaking effect looks niffty.

Also if you have any I would like to the see the refs u used :). I have never seen a Predator with his laser on his helmet, only the sholder cannon.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
D.Anderson said:
Hello everyone , this is my 1st post on the esf forum , and i want to show my latest project here :smile: . Started 4 days ago , i was inspired by "Aliens versus Predator" the movie , And after that i decided to model my predator for my own small movie .
Hi there, Mr. Anderson. You wouldn't happen to know a little guy that goes by the name of Darkone, would you? He's about... yay high, and about so wide... been banned a couple of times, last time being not too long ago. Has a dynamic IP address... just out o' curiosity, o'course.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I have never seen a Predator with his laser on his helmet, only the sholder cannon
Realy .... than i suggest studying the predator a bit more . :) look like you only know basic things about him. Sure here are the refs :)

Original predator helmet , taken from the movie "PREDATOR"

and heres a shot of the the head , predators have wery much difference in the age and class : Hunter , seeker , elder .... (they dress differen and have different face proportions)

and from what i seen : Predator , Predator 2 , AVP . They make 8 helmets that i seen ... every helemt is totaly different and has its advantages

So as you can see , my model is correct in every way , only thing i didnt do et , is give the hair its finishing touches , couse it has way more detail than i have given it right now .

Hi there, Mr. Anderson. You wouldn't happen to know a little guy that goes by the name of Darkone, would you? He's about... yay high, and about so wide... been banned a couple of times, last time being not too long ago. Has a dynamic IP address... just out o' curiosity, o'course.
1) please dont call me that (thats like in Matrix) althought its my real name
2) no
3) check my IP , there isnt 2 guys in the world that have same ip's you know

Anyway like i said dont expect updates anytime soon ... for the reasons :
1) my video card is crap , i cant continue this project with it , because on 120,000 polys it's lagging like hell . and this predator will be up to ~1,500,000 polys when finished and ~2,000,000 polys for the scene

2) i am still planning , composing the refs and studying the anatomy ... gonna take me some time .

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
D.Anderson said:
there isnt 2 guys in the world that have same ip's you know
i did what you asked, checked your IP, and as you said "there isnt 2 guys in the world that have same ip's", that leaves no other possibility, thanks for the confirmation darkone,

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Your saying my IP " 62.65.218.162 " matches hes ?
*sorry for this spam*

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do not have a static IP. Your most recent IP prior to X.X.X.162 was 62.65.218.3 . Let's not beat around the bush here posting nonsense. For now this discussion goes off of the modeling forum and moves over to proper authorities.

Best answers
lol so anderson is ur "rl name" ..?
sounds english but according to ur last few posts ( matches "hes" =his ;"althought"=although;"there isnt 2 guys" = erm ya... maybe aren`t ...)
ur for sure not english or american...
and u have the same sucky modeling and rendering style as darkone ;/
i could be wrong tho :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom