3 Types of Dragonballs

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey I posted this is one of IceSilver's threads but I have a feeling it'll be closed soon, and i'd like some dedicated comments and feedback.

The idea is to have three dragonball entities for mappers to place amongst their maps.
-One for Kami's Dragonballs (Summons Shenron Model, 1 wish, small size)
-One for Guru's (Summons Porunga Model, 3 wishes, large size)
-And one for Dende's (Summons Shenron Model, 2 wishes, medium size).

And the map maker chooses which dragonballs to include in a map, i.e Namek Balls for a Namek Map to make it closer to the show etc.

Also I think it'll be cool if the larger balls slow down the players carrying them, -10 speed on Dende's dragonballs, and -20 speed for Guru's.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like the idea, but i think there should be a penalty (typos?) on usage...3 wishes....do you mean...get 3 wish points but only allowed to do one wish. or get 3 wishes and...1 wish point or...3 wishes and 3 wish points? 3 wishes is alot to become powerfull and would be unfair so i think there should be a penalty...like...increase your pl with 3 wishes would decrease your speed and make yourself invincible for 30 secs would make you lose 500,000 pl.....or maybe totally differnt wishes =O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I meant 3 wishes (2x Strength + 1x Immortality for example) but still one wish point, as you've still collected all the dragonballs together once, but you get three wishes for doing so.

Also if somebodies moving slower because they're carrying a larger ball, they'll be easier targets, and you can swoop up to them when you chase them, melee them and they drop the ball. I think having a slower speed justifies three wishes, but thats my oppinion.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I don't know how long IceSilver's threads will last.

I like the idea but I think that the wishes will need to be changed. Having three Guru wishes needs to be equal to having one Kami wish and equal to two Dende wishes. (If that makes sense.)
Like a wish for power from Kami's dragon gives you 1 mil. The same wish from Guru's dragon should give a third of that 1 mil (i.e. 333,333.33333333...) and from Dende's dragon it would give half (i.e. 500,000)
Also for the friendship thing it would need to be adjusted because you could wish for friendship three times and give your team a pretty hefty boost. I suggest splitting it like the power idea. (1/3 of a wish point...hmm not gonna work but you get what I mean)

Best answers
kinda defeats the point of having 3 wishes if it takes 3 guru wishes to = 1 kami wish ;)
I do like this idea though..something does need changing to make guru's dragonballs not the default best :p

Suggestion : Make the dragonball respawn times differ e.g :
Kamiballs: 60 seconds
Guruballs: 180 seconds
Dendeballs: 120 seconds

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The idea is that you can wish once for power and get a boost of 500,000 and wish once for immortality and get half the immortality time (however long that is.) That is of course with Dende's dragon. It allows you to spread your wishes. If they are left at default 1 mil each. Then a player could jump 3 million after one summoning, making them so much stronger then every other player on the map. Very unfair if you ask me.

Best answers
Well the more options about the dragon balls the better... the mappers should have the choice of the type of dragon balls to put in their maps!
The question beneath it, is how will they work? The guru dragon was much more powerfull, thereby the 3 wishes! However it had some limits, so for a guru dragon wish you should get 500.000 pl if you choose strenght, the others I think they could stay as they are... For dende's dragon it would give about 700.000 pl

Best answers
Suggestion : Make the dragonball respawn times differ e.g :
Kamiballs: 60 seconds
Guruballs: 180 seconds
Dendeballs: 120 seconds
I like this one..

Also i think that the balls should give boost in other sections (power,invincibility,friendship)
For example:
Kami balls: [1] options ; power (800.000pl), 120 sec invincible, friendship (dont really know what it does..)
Guru balls: [3] options ; power (500.000pl), 60 sec invincible, friendship
Dende balls: [2] options ; power (600.000pl), 100 sec invincible, friendship

In teammode it would be nice if other characters might make a wish aswell..like 3 players wish each 1x for strenght..instead of 1 player wishing 3x..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The teammode thing sounds fair and reasonable, after each wish the Dragon stays there so you can 'use' him 3 times, by up to 3 seperate people. I'd also like to see all and any of <a href="http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=48674">these wishes</a> added.

About the power thing though, the whole point of having the balls make you fly slower was that it was harder to get them together, but more rewarding when you do, maybe -25 speed for Dende's and -50 for Guru's or possibly more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But if Guru's dragonballs are left the same as Kami's dragonballs then it makes Kami's redundant as who would only want one wish when you could have three. It wouldn't be that much harder to gather them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there would only be one set in the map, not all three sets in the same map, so you wouldn't choose which to go for, it would be down to the mapper depending on the map.

Also, the larger balls should weigh more so that they can't be thrown as far, or maybe the current dragonballs should be thrown further.

ATM the Dragonballs seem to incorporate all 3 kinds of ball, they're the size of Guru's but summon Shenron, and you only get one wish.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I understand that there will be only one set of balls (how confusing if there were 3 :s) but when creating a server the 'best' dragonballs to use would be Guru's so why would anyone pick Kami's/Dende's?

I think Guru's need to have less power than the others. If you remember Guru's dragonballs could only revive one person at a time. That was the sacrifice for having three wishes.

Best answers
nice idea dude i like it 2d max like a h4x... eer um ya...

and to make your idea even better make the dragon classes have different wishes...

piccolos shenron dragon gives strength 1 mill and immortality 1 minute...

so like dendi dragon will make strength wish 1.5 mill and immortality 1.5 minute.

and guru will give 2.0 mill ki and immortality 2.0 minutes.

good yes? ^_^

oh and take friendship off cuz no one knows wtf it does i think it just waste a wish... make it totally different like oh i know dude!

make a extra life wish!... so when u go to die u eat a sensu bean automatically and its like a extra life feature. cuz not all maps have sensu beans...

like the extra life wish will be for team based games to wish your friend or teammate back from the dead... basically it will give them a sensu bean special item that can only be executed when u have oh say below 45ish health... oh i own at ideas...

oh ya and to even further the glory of my thinking... i think when you wish you should not be able to get meleed only beamed like transforming killing so you can make your wish and not get a "knock back" and lose your wish its lame bros! heh anywho im out peac0rz :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well maybe have it so that you can only choose each option once each time, so with Kami you can choose strength, for Dende it can be immortality and strength, and for Guru it's all 3 currently existing options.

when creating a server the 'best' dragonballs to use would be Guru's so why would anyone pick Kami's/Dende's?
The server creator doesn't choose the balls (although you could have it as an option, Default-Kami's-Dende's-Guru's) it's whoever made the map running on the server. If it was a namek map they'd chose 'item_dragonball_guru' but if it was Earth they'd probably choose the either of the other 2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, I thought you would have an option in advanced menu to pick which balls to use. In that case I think its a pretty decent idea.

Best answers
Yeah it's for the mapper to choose which dragon balls go into his map... it's not logical to have those small dragon balls in a map that is in namek for example! but there should be also an option, where we could choose which type of dragon balls to play with in a map!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if this was,then everyone would always use these balls. Use them just because others are inferior to them, why would ppl play ctdb any other way?

Best answers
Well i meant that according to the map you choose there should be a specific type of dragonball, however if you really wanted too, you could use another!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I think if you could choose which balls you wanted in the map then everybody would pick the Guru balls for their obvious superiority. If it was set that on this map there is Dende balls and in this map its Kami balls then there wouldn't be a problem.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, that was what I originally intended. Also because the majority of maps are official maps made by the team, they wouldn't include the Guru balls in each, they'd be balanced and realistic as to which balls go where.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom