2008 Election

Who are you voting for the 2008 election?

• John McCain

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm voting for Obama. Also did you guys hear about that place called Dixville Notch? It's the first place in the US that gets to vote and they actually voted for Obama, 15 to 6 (they literally only had 19 registered voters before the vote started). The interesting thing is this is the first time this place has voted for a democrat in 40 years.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I do, very much hope that Obama will win, but not everything is only decided by the people.

My point is that even though most people want Obama, I got a feeling there is going to be some corrupted deed in the elections.

I wouldn't neglect the probability for this to happen.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, wherever you look, Obama is in the lead. I just hope it stays that way.

Best answers
Looking forward to find out whether the US can redeem itself.

And to see the look on the face of the gunswinging rednecks when they find out they get a black president.

Best answers
If I had to vote, than it would be Obama. His speech here in germany rocked and somehow his opponent looks like (more) trouble for the world.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Paris Hilton! :) failing that, I'd vote Obama. I live in the UK so I it really doesn't matter.

Best answers
The poll results make me sick... but I seen it coming i guess. =/

I can already take a quick guess as to who the two McCain votes are for and I don't see him getting more than two or three more :/
Crap... I'm one of the three. :[

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Voted *****es. Score another point for McCain.

(And I mean the REAL vote, not this forum crap).

Also voted no on Prop8 in loyalty to my friend, but I was torn since I don't think it's right for the government to be able to force a church to approve of something they wouldn't approve of.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Voted *****es. Score another point for McCain.

(And I mean the REAL vote, not this forum crap).

Also voted no on Prop8 in loyalty to my friend, but I was torn since I don't think it's right for the government to be able to force a church to approve of something they wouldn't approve of.
I voted too. If Obama wins, you know why.

As for Prop8, I can get married at City Hall, so it doesn't really have anything to do with the church. I'm glad you were loyal to your friend, though. Score one for the J-Dude.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You made the right decision. No joke, prop 8 is akin to racism.

Anyway, I just got back from voting. Cast one for Obama.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I hear the government saying that gay people cannot or can get married, I am reminded of a time when the government would say that black people can sit here but not there, can drink here but not there, can eat here but not there.

All marriage should be recognized by law. It's not their place to dictate such a thing.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I hear the government saying that gay people cannot or can get married, I am reminded of a time when the government would say that black people can sit here but not there, can drink here but not there, can eat here but not there.

All marriage should be recognized by law. It's not their place to dictate such a thing.
Or the time it was impossible for a black man to marry a white woman.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We are in the era of globalizing, everyone wants what the others have. So I hope Obama wins, that will problably bring beneficts to the entire globe.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I hear the government saying that gay people cannot or can get married, I am reminded of a time when the government would say that black people can sit here but not there, can drink here but not there, can eat here but not there.All marriage should be recognized by law. It's not their place to dictate such a thing.
As we all know, you were alive back then.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't have to be alive to be reminded of a time. He knows of it, which is enough.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What time will we know the results?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably late tonight. 11ish eastern, I'd say we'll know the results for sure, unless the race is really close or the Diebold machines start crapping out again, while switching Obama votes to McCain votes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom