2 versions?

Best answers
I know i know, this wont happen but i thought i'd be best to suggest it. i'm a 1.1 fan always been as many others out there, and i came up with an idea a while ago it goes like this: Right instead of having the 1.2 version only you could (Not demanding or whatever i'm just here to suggest right.) bring up the 1.1 version again, and slam all the 1.2 features in it EXCEPT the 1.2 melee, so its basicly looks like 1.1 with the new explosions/models and all that stuff but with the 1.1 melee and im talking about no tele delay and the long pushbacks and the "Simple melee" only, just like 1.1 but with the 1.2 features.

So it could basicly be v1.1 = 1.1.1 .1.1.2 1.1.3 and so on, and for 1.2, v.1.2 = 1.2.1 1.2.2 1.2.3, i know this means more work for the team and it sounds so "easy" for me just to "slam" the 1.2 stuff into the 1.1, but in the end, think of it everyone will be happy and no more 1.1 vs 1.2 stuff, each guy plays their desired version. Now dont jump out with the wrong conclusions about this, i'm basicly just suggesting it.

It sounds a bit weird eh? i know.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they can better do it like this, only when they released the 1.2.2 patch.
you can select how you wanna play, i saw that also in ut2k4.
you can then select:
classic(1.0)
normal(1.1)
expert(1.2)

makes it more easyer doesn't it?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think they need new versions for v1.1 if all you want out is the adv melee, just a server option to disable adv melee. Then we could all play v1.3 and if you want to play with or without adv melee the choice is yours. Not to mention they'd have to bug test, code, debug etc 2 versions simultaneously.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would the 1.2 version be labeled expert?

Should be:
Amateur- 1.2
Normal- 1.1
Expert- 1.0

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The closest your going to get to playin 1.1 in 1.2 is mp_simplemelee 1 = faster swooping farther knock backs. no adv melee

Best answers
I didn't make the thread just so you could talk about the Ranks of the versions,
But i cant argue with Zeonix there though.

and fire phoenix i bet ur right atm, i kinda hoped it'll change though.

Anyways this was my idea and i'm hoping for a reply or atleast a view on this from any of the team members just to Clarify this will never happen or that it'll be sent into consideration.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why would the 1.2 version be labeled expert?

Should be:
Amateur- 1.2
Normal- 1.1
Expert- 1.0
becours i didn't say amature but classic -_-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't be bothered to read it but i agree with styx !!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
becours i didn't say amature but classic -_-
That doesnt change the fact that you still rated 1.2 as expert and 1.1 as normal. Thats extremely wrong, but thats not what this thread is about. I was just pointing out an obvious flaw.

As for Styx, i dont really want the targetting system back. I like swooping without having to target someone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see whats wrong with that, v1.1 is just basic melee, it's easier. v1.2 is basic melee and adv melee and throwing, it's a lot more complex, that should be classed higher than v1.1.

Best answers
1.1 was alot more complexed than 1.2 ever will be.

Right, this is goin nowhere so any mod/admin whatever may close it as he desires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom