100 FPS Problem , Please help

Best answers
look it is simple esf shoudlre think there graphic problems every other Hl mod runs perfect on my machine but when it comes to having a round of esf, it lags and frame jumps, its not your problem dude

Best answers
that's weird i run a P3 550MhZ with a GeForce4 MX 64MB and have 512MB sdram and i run at 60FPS and it drops to 40 FPS while in a PS

Best answers
Ba i checked with fraps, not the ingame command ;o
anyhow thanks for the help all
and 60 fps in doom, i double checked it ;D

Best answers
You guys are all complaining cuz ESF can lag and have varying fps compared to other mods that have little lag and higher fps.

You have to understand what esf is though. Its not a first person shooter, in which their maps are limited in what needs to be viewed. With mods like Natural Selection and counterstrike, you find yourself playing in hallways and other closely confined spaces. Your video card does less work rendering objects because of this. There's less to see. You are only viewing a fraction of the entire map.

whereas...
With esf, your video card has to render the entire map every frame. From your view, you can stand in a corner of the map and overlook the entire thing. It takes ALOT of work from your vid card to display all that. Its calculating distances from you to your view point, its rendering COUNTLESS sprites that are going on the screen-- from auras to beam trails and their explosions.

Lastly, ESF works in a 3-D manuvuerable environment. You can move in any direction unlike most mods where you are limited to forward, backward, side to side, and jump. This is where the lag comes in play. Its processing all these motions while rendering all the aspects of an open map-- all at the same time.

I give credit to esf for not being worse than it could be when it comes to network issues. There's ALOT of factors involved in streaming data to your computer at high rates every millisecond or two. Its amazing that esf runs as well as it does.

Hope this clears any confusion on "wtf!!! my fps are dropping and I'm lagging to hell! HELP ME!!!!oneone!!!111 I don't lag like this in counterstrike. NOO!!!111!!!"

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to do 3 things: (if you want the highest FPS possible)

1) turn off everythingossible: get program kill it all (it will shuit down everything exept the files needed to run windows

2) make everything as CRAPPY as you can in your settings(without going into software or direct 3-D). (sometimes the settings dont set when you change them, so put the setting changes in your autoexec.cfg)

3) get adaware and pestpatrool scan your system and get rid of everything. Especially your cokies in the windows folder.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thtas new, anyone tell me wat fps_modem auctally is (dont have a modem so I might not be able to use it)

Jsut to let you know how much tis mod takes. This mod takes 10% CPU space of a Dual Xeon processor. (I will find out the memory, but the point is it takes alot of space)

Best answers
well when i have fps_max at 100 it still doent stick at 99 it sticks like at 80 or 70, but when i did fps_modem 100 it went on to 99 and stayed :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom