1 hit wonders?

Best answers
list all your favorite forgotten 1 hit wonder bands/songs...

Note:they dont have to be exactly 1 hit wonders..they could have had maybe 2 or 3...but if so..plz list them..

ill start..
Smashmouth - Walking on the Sun/I Get Knocked Down

Best answers
Skee Lo - I Wish

And ehm, i don't think that Smashmouth fits in the "1 hit wonder"-list, since they only cover songs, so they just "score" with hits from other people..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

I get so stoned just listening to it...

KyoKusanagi

K
Dunno if you can really count Jefferson Airplane as one hit wonders since they went through so many name changes with so many songs making the charts for almost every year since 1967 to 1991.

1965 – 1972 (as Jefferson Airplane), 1974 - 1984 (as Jefferson Starship), 1984 - 1989 (as Starship), 1989 (reunited Jefferson Airplane for one album) 1991-Present (as Jefferson Starship The Next Generation)

And don't forget "We Built This City On Rock And Roll" and "Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now" reached #1.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

I get so stoned just listening to it...
You're kidding right? Jefferson Airplane != 1 hit wonder since they were quite popular for quite some time. Granted, they an impressively stupid end to it all, but they weren't just some crappy one song band at the time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Europe - Final Countdown

Man I love that song, now I don't really know if they are a 1-hit wonder to be honest, but I've never heard any songs of theirs beside this one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
Europe - Final Countdown

Man I love that song, now I don't really know if they are a 1-hit wonder to be honest, but I've never heard any songs of theirs beside this one.
That's a 1-hit wonder if there ever was one.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hash said:
Europe - Final Countdown

Quoted for the truth.

And Hendrix a one hit wonder ?_?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think we need to clarify what a one hit wonder is here :p A group that had 1 popular song that was really popular and then vanished into obscurity. IE Europe, the Bay City Rollers, etc.

Soft Cell - Tainted Love

Best answers
Deman said:
Quoted for the truth.

And Hendrix a one hit wonder ?_?
Aye. Jimi Hendrix had only 3 songs that he really did: All Along the Watchtower, Hey Joe, and Purple Haze. Purple Haze being his own real song. Watchtower was written by Bob Dylan, I think. Hey Joe I'm not too sure of, but considering I had to ask somebody for the name of it, I believe it can be labelled as obscure.

You ask anybody to name some Hendrix songs, they'll say "Purple Haze.... uh...."

Occasionally someone will mention the other two.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
Aye. Jimi Hendrix had only 3 songs that he really did: All Along the Watchtower, Hey Joe, and Purple Haze. Purple Haze being his own real song. Watchtower was written by Bob Dylan, I think. Hey Joe I'm not too sure of, but considering I had to ask somebody for the name of it, I believe it can be labelled as obscure.

You ask anybody to name some Hendrix songs, they'll say "Purple Haze.... uh...."

That is NOT the definition of a one-hit wonder.

Worst one-hit wonder: Baha-Men - Who Let the Dogs out
Best one-hit wonder: A-Ha - Take on Me

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:

dude, how much Hendrix have you heard? and "All Along the Watchtower" was one of his only covers, it was very well done too.

erm, as for one hit wonders i dont really know any that i like... most 1 hit wonders are really bad >_< so i tend to forget about them... I think opti has the right idea venturing into the 80's, the 80's were a decade where a 1 hit wonder could well be as good as anything else at the time :x

Best answers
Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany's
Cark Douglas - Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting
The Clash - Rock the Casbah
The Connells - '74-'75
Cornershop - Brimful of Asha
Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Edwin Starr - War
Fool's Garden - Yellow Lemon Tree
Inner Circle - Bad Boys
Irene Cara - What a Feeling
Jock James - I Like to Move it
Kris Kross - Jump
Liquido - Narcotic
Manau - La tribu de Dana (might be just Europe, though)
Matt Bianco - Get Out of Your Lazy Bed
Mr. Oizo - Flat Beat
Norman Gimbel and Charles Fox - Happy Days
Scatman John - Scatman
Skee Lo - I Wish
Snap - I've Got the Power
Snap - Rhytmn is a Dancer
Sniff 'n the Tears - Driver's Seat
Snow - Informer
Spin Doctors - Two Princes
Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild
Supertramp - When I was Young
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony

That's about all the 1-hit wonders I have in my playlist :)

Edit: I actually have quite a few more, but those are mainly dutch/belgian one-hit wonders (technotronic, 2 unlimited, ...)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too many people are just listing a band's most popular songs. X.X

As for the ongoing hendrix debat WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!

*ahem*

Anyone who could be classified as a guitar God is most notably NOT a one hit wonder. All along the Watch Tower, Hey Joe, and Purple haze are simply what gets played on the radio. I mean it'd be like saying that Pink Floyd was a one hit wonder because all they play is "Another Brick in the Wall Part 2", or that Nirvanna was because all you hear on the radio is "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom