1-800-273-8255

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't have to play the previous games to love Skyrim. This is important to understand. All games are standalone in that regard. The only reason I mentioned about having played the previous games was to get a gist of why TES is so loved.

Oblivion is a love it or hate it game. People who started their entry with it either loved the series insanely or considered it meh. So its not fair to pass a judgement of the series on playing Oblivion alone, it just serves to get an idea on what type of game Skyrim might be.

I will have repeat that you DO NOT need to have played the earlier games in the TES series, heck that will always be what I advice people who want to get in the TES series. The sense of wonder and discovery will be at its highest when you know nothing about the lore.

Just play the game sg2, common sense dictates you should.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I knew nothing about the previous games in the series. Sure, I played Oblivinon for a few hours, but not enough to have any idea of the lore / story.

The only thing you'll miss are some subtle references that they make to the previous games. For example, in Skyrim, they've outlawed the worship of a person considered divine. People in Oblivion said "May the 9 divines bless you" or some ****, so now in Skyrim they say "May the 8 divines bless you."

The point I'm trying to get across is that you're not missing anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know, the Dark Brotherhood quests has a lot of references to the previous Listener (you, in Oblivion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom