1.3's Swoop

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
here is the concept, Taking good things from both versions and combining them to make something better.

Here is how the 1.3 swoop could work, To begin swoop you must double tap, but to chain swoop you only need to single tap a different direction to keep swooping, and when you release the button you stop.

Best answers
uuh isnt that how it works right now? in the openbeta i mean.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uuh isnt that how it works right now? in the openbeta i mean.
Yea it is. Its been like that for a while. Was also suggested for dash to be similar but i dont know if that was coded in yet.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
No its not the same.. The difference is, its like 1.2's swooping so when you release the button it stops and doesn't keep going. Double tap to start swooping, single tap to chain.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No its not the same.. The difference is, its like 1.2's swooping so when you release the button it stops and doesn't keep going. Double tap to start swooping, single tap to chain.
And im telling you swoop is made so that you stop if you let go.

Dash isnt. But that should also be getting changed. Atleast thats what was decided long ago.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And im telling you swoop is made so that you stop if you let go.

Dash isnt. But that should also be getting changed. Atleast thats what was decided long ago.
they allready did a dash and swoop system seperated they don't need to combine it it will be a weast of work

I think evryone more wants a esf 1.2 whit all the trans then a new game for esf 1.3

Best answers
they allready did a dash and swoop system seperated they don't need to combine it it will be a weast of work

I think evryone more wants a esf 1.2 whit all the trans then a new game for esf 1.3
ESF 1.2 with all the transformations... that sounds like EVM to me. lol

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF 1.2 with all the transformations... that sounds like EVM to me. lol
not EVM it's unbalance but esf with all trans and some new stuff in and new character that's what they wall want. ESF 1.3 has a lot of changes that scar some people that like 1.2 , I even know guys sayiing that 1.2 it's beter then 1.3

Mog

Best answers
john_volkov said:
I even know guys sayiing that 1.2 it's beter then 1.3
There are also people that think 1.1 was better than 1.2... mainly the melee/swooping system...
I guess you can't please everyone.
Personally I want the entire game to go back to how it was in alpha 1.5... maybe not. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Aww, surprisingly enough, alpha 1.5 doesn't work on Steam... I was going to make a joke alpha 1.5 server for a laugh. :D

Best answers
lol. An alpha 1.5 server.... even if that worked, you'd have to fight yourself. Who'd be looking for one? I mean people would have given up looking for 1.5 servers.
I like 1.2 more than 1.3 lol. That is my fault seeing as I have low RAM and stuff. But come next week, I get 1.1 GB RAM and then I party all night. Too bad RAM won't help my 400+ ping though.
Off-topic: Speaking of EVM and being unbalanced, I have a question. If ESF is not open source and all... how did the guys at coronabytes get the code to mod it? OR is all of EVM just from amx plugins? That would be whack lol.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i believe this thread is about 1.3's swoop, not about evm or the constant 1.1 vs 1.2 debate...

so...jinx, are you talking about the dash or the swoop in this idea of yours?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A hundred people posted this exact suggestion before you did. When I first suggested it, it was a no-go. Grega's posts suggest they've changed their mind.

Best answers
I wish they would add diagonal swooping

like you double tap to swoop forward

single tap to swoop diagonal and double tap for left or right chain swoop...I think it would be good.....

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A hundred people posted this exact suggestion before you did. When I first suggested it, it was a no-go. Grega's posts suggest they've changed their mind.
Actually me, Ready and David were pusing for that direction as soon as the dash/swoop system was put in. But as far as i know the idea was put on hold for more urgent things. Like the whole open beta and leak thing that went on in the past.

@vinay87

EVM didnt need the ESF source. EVM is only an AMXX addon. Basically a server pluggin made using AMXX.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually me, Ready and David were pusing for that direction as soon as the dash/swoop system was put in. But as far as i know the idea was put on hold for more urgent things. Like the whole open beta and leak thing that went on in the past.
Like I said, a hundred people.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's already planned to have dash like 1.2 swoop looonngg loonng ago..

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i believe this thread is about 1.3's swoop, not about evm or the constant 1.1 vs 1.2 debate...

so...jinx, are you talking about the dash or the swoop in this idea of yours?
ya i was talking about the Dash of 1.3.....

and i think the "swoop" of 1.3 should be consider as a boost or somethin...

also.. the reason i suggested changing the dashing is because it feals so clum_Z, it doesn't allow so much control in the "stop and go" area....

... also... im beginning to belive that esf 1.3 is too fast right now.. and should be slowed down a speed that is **slightly** faster then 1.2

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I wish they would add diagonal swooping

like you double tap to swoop forward

single tap to swoop diagonal and double tap for left or right chain swoop...I think it would be good.....
OMFG i luv you True-Warrior, this idea sparked a great idea for swoop from me xD; something new and probably would be good.

Why not have a swoop mode? meaning that while in "swoop mode", swoops are activated with single taps, and if you stop swooping, you can begin another swoop with just a single tap. (holding down the swoop button to continue swooping, releasing to stop)

The only way to cancel the swoop mode is if you powerup, block, or fly into a wall(Allowing easy walljumps; Not including the ceiling/floor).

Also, the "swoop mode" wouldn't have a limit to how long you could fly, but instead something like a "speed stamina". To enter the swoop mode, you double tap , like in 1.2, and when you stop... your character's floating animation changes to something that looks as if he's ready to fight. The "speed stamina" could measure how often you swoop, and if you swoop too much your swoop speed decreases down to the character's minimum speed.

I think this make alot of moves in 1.2 much less of a hassle, making gameplay a lot faster, without the *actual increase in the speed characters*.

How the "Speed Stamina" works..

In 1.2 you can swoop only so long before the swoop stops automaticly. Well, with the new swoop idea and "Speed Stamina" added in, you can swoop "only so fast" before your swoop slows down automaticly. The timing for how long you can "your fastest" is the exact same timing for how long you can swoop in 1.2...

So... when I first swoop in the swoop mode, it will be my fastest swoop, which lasts about 5 to 7 seconds because thats how long the swoop in 1.2 lasts...
then it will slow down to a slower swoop speed, but i can continue swooping as long as i have the ki to do so..

If im on my firsts swoop and i swoop forward then right and stop in 3 seconds, then i have 4 to 5 more seconds left befeore my swoop speed goes down..

To swoop fast again, i must exit the "swoop mode" by powering up or blocking..... and when i double tap ill enter the swoop mode and my first swoop will be the fastest,... ( This also is great, because it encouragous new players to a PRO style of playing, Mastering the art of Powering up right after stoping, even if for a split second ).

Best answers
To be honest, it sounds overcomplicated and counter-intuitive.

By forcing the player into a "mode" you take away freedom of movement, while at the same time adding an additional stamina system, which just seems totally pointless.

Keeping the "feature" that only allows the player to stop when they tap powerup/block just is just confining, especially with the system you've devised.

This is worse than 1.3's current movement system.

Esf needs freedom of movement, it doesnt need to feel like a confusing knock off of Sparking Neo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom