1.3 crash? ;/

Best answers
When i want start server in lan game is loading...but when is a 100% and game is ready to shov join menu...is crash and back to menu...why;/?

..I have steam and esf 1.2.3 is work fine... What is going on why 1.3 is not work??? :(

Mog

Best answers
I have a problem like this too. It happens whenever I try to create a LAN server on 1.3 Open Beta with Steam in offline mode...
That might be just my Steam screwing around though...

Today, Steam doesn't even let me use offline mode...

After detecting that I am not connected to internet, Steam asks me if I want to use offline mode.
I click on offline mode; it does nothing for quite a while...
Eventually it comes up with an error saying something like: "Cannot connect to Steam network, please check your internet connection."
...Wow, nice one Sherlock. o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It works for me. Try turning off your connection, then closing steam, then running it again. It worked for me.

Mog

Best answers
Well Steam offline mode is working for me today...

test #1: network cabled plugged in.
Launce Steam, it logs in and runs in online mode, I start esf open beta and "create server" (LAN game)... SUCCESS.

(closes Steam)

test #2: network cabled removed.
Launch Steam, tries to update but it realises there is no internet connection.
Asks me if I want offline mode, I choose "offline mode".
(this time Steam lets me launch in offline mode without needing internet access to the Steam network :] )
I start esf open beta, "create server", no settings changed, (LAN game)... FAILED.

repeat test #1 as many times as I like... success
repeat test #2 lots of times, every time... failed

So, can other people play ESF Open Beta with Steam in offline mode?
It's a good thing I haven't thrown away my 2 counter-strike CDs and 3 half-life CDs...
I don't always have access to internet on my laptop. :rolleyes:

Best answers
...I have bad internet and sometime don't work so tell me what the fu** is going on with this? in fu** offline mode ;(

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Offline mode is just bugged, blame Steam for that. They can't seem to do anything right lately, especially with all the delays.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I just attempted to do Offline mode myself, and I failed as well. When attempting to create a server I got kicked,

No masters loaded
Using default master
STEAM validation rejected
How ever, when I changed it in a LAN server (with the LAN option). I was able to create a perfectly normal game, and everything worked without any problems. There for, I don't have any problems at all creating an offline server with the Open Beta.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if that's the problem, then why don't you people just check the LAN game box before starting the game? It's probably because Steam tries to create an internet game but can't find a connection -.-

Mog

Best answers
Well if that's the problem, then why don't you people just check the LAN game box before starting the game? It's probably because Steam tries to create an internet game but can't find a connection -.-
Lol, I found the problem in the end... "autoexec.cfg" does NOT begin with a "q"! :D
worst typo ever...

Why didn't I check the "LAN game box"?
Well I might have done, if it weren't for the fact I have edited my "settings.scr" file...
I seem to have deleted the LAN game box by accident, because it's not in the create server menu anymore. :rolleyes:

oh well, everything is fine for me now.
I don't even need offline mode now, my phone line has randomly fixed itself apparently.
No more crackling, hissing, wierd bleeping noises, disconnects every other minute, etc... for now. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom