1.2 TOURNAMENT!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
already posted in earth league but since no one really reads those forums i posted here. annyway we should hold a big tournament one / two months after 1.2 is released! but we need good servers and ppl that want to organise this >_> annyone like this idea ? o_O

Best answers
I like the idea :)
It'd be cool if we set up different kinds of events like 2 vs 2 etc ^^

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
that would be good also indeed but we still need servers there are enough usa servers but i dont know about european servers

Best answers
I host servers on my T1 standalone computer at my work, and it easily handles up to 22 players (i just added a ping booster and 1,000 extra mb of ram, but haven't tested it, but i expect 26 players now.)

Anyway, i'd gladly host it. I also have a teamspeak server for everyone to use.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
that sound's great! in what country do u live?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
in the usa
check at the right of his post..

Best answers
i think bad/good idea cuz a month or so after i dont think its enough time for players to actually get good. Think about it, we all have our own lives right? So if someone wanted to be in it but was kinda busy at the moment then i would think he/she needed more time to prepare.

Best answers
NeLo said:
i think bad/good idea cuz a month or so after i dont think its enough time for players to actually get good. Think about it, we all have our own lives right? So if someone wanted to be in it but was kinda busy at the moment then i would think he/she needed more time to prepare.
ahh... its a god idea... i mean, i think esf players are already familiar with the game so... 1/2 months is more than enough... i think... even with their own lives... lol... i am only alowed to go on the comp at saturdays (which is the rule that mom gave me, and i at most abuse it..), but i think im quite god even if i play only at saturdays... so...

Best answers
well more or less im thinking about the NEW melee system and what not. They've added a lot to this game which is really cool but i think it would take a while for the user to get use to it. I just think the idea of jumping into the tournament idea is just a lil bit too fast for my taste. That's all im sayin really. Like i said its a good/bad idea.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Nelo the time after the release doesn't matter we can also make it like 2 or 3 months or something

Best answers
Well do whatever you please im just stating my opinion. Another concern of mine is how many ppl would actually like it?? I know you say thats a dumb question but you'd be suprised how many ppl may not like it cuz an issue of complaining n what not. Lets wait and see b4 we come to the idea of the Tournament. We have 2 days, lets wait then we'll talk. :yes:

Best answers
I understand why you wana wait till the 1.2 have been played and people have given their opinion...
But there are some that think it will rock...... me :)
I think the new melee system will make it much easier for a person
to take on 2 or more players(when he have gotten use to the system),
No more needet targeting :D

But lets wait and see what we think about it youreself....
WEEEEEEEEEEEH!!! 2 DAYS LEFT.... woohoo :)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd suggest you make ie one month after release instead of two. Why give people with more time enough time to get 10x better than people who don't have as much? Besides, who needs a tourny where everyone thinks their an expert? This would be a good opportunity to test our ability to adapt to new modes of play.

Best answers
Besides, who needs a tourny where everyone thinks their an expert?
This would be a good opportunity to test our ability to adapt to new modes of play.
hmmm.... that i cant agree more with...
A tourny dont have to be all Elits/veterans...
It can be a bounch of 1 month trained players :)

And when the month comes to and end, they get to test their skills
in a tournament :D
I will be one of those looking forward to the Tournament.
I havent had a decent battle in a long time...
aka no killsteal, no teaming up... No sudden beams coming at you....

The map would need lots og good seats...
The size of the arena would depend on the new system.

Best answers
sounds great to me, now the onyl thing i'm wondering is how are you guys going to contact me for this kind of info? I have aim so you can reach me there, but also, how many players are we aiming for?
Are we going to do like 3v3 rounds? 4v4? 16 v16? Whatever it is, my server should be able to handle it, considering that Natural Selection maps are 25X bigger than ESF maps, and should be able to handle 32 slots. We can do anything you guys want, from big ass wars to small roujnds of battles, but i'm going to need a webmaster to host a website with a forum for this kijnd of stuiff.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have 2 questions
1 are 56k alowed
2 How do I join

Personaly i love it a bunch of noobs triing out the new sistem there all at the same level and the person who lerns the fastest wil win ( :cry: not me though :cry: ) :laff:

Best answers
Grega, as Zilea sais we will need a forum for it.
Where the rules can be posted, the times been set and
the players sign up, so we will know how meny will come :)
But just by replying to this topic, you kinda sign up :D

The forum would also be a good place to discuss what will happen.
There will be 1vs1... But a full war might be fun....
But that should be at the very last, where everybody is warmed up...
Or :shocked: ... have a full war as a warm up :fight:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom