1.2 Melee Idea...Fatalities?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Probably blood on models is yet anyther model (or submodel) with another skin.. a more bloody skin)

Best answers
"maybe you can just ball both your fists together and smack them to ground, gibbing at the point of contact.

eventually the whole terrain will be covered in hearts, chicken legs, intestines, and blood."

Thats what I had in mind. I wouldnt like to be duking it out in a battlefield filled with intestines and chicken parts lol it just wouldnt fit in. Maybe some blood would be good but not to the extent where you punch someone and a pool of blood gashes everywhere.

Super_Vegeta.LE, the way you talk as if you've mastered the current system, catch me in PT server sometime or better yet play there more and i'll catch you so then you can show me the masterful arts of the current system.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super_Vegeta.LE said:
if you need to ban me for having an opinion, go for it, regardless i still think the team is making a mistake from the described system.

i would be happy if they had a general idea of how the part of melee which would actually require some larger form of human input, rather than automating and charging, hardly skill based is it?
I'll respond to this now even though it has already been responded to just in case other people are still thinking this way.

1.) You're free to have an opinion, so long as you don't abuse your right to express it wherever you deem(sp?) appropriate, or use it to start fights.

2.) The part of melee that requires "some larger form of human input" is the entire thing. You have to catch your opponent off gaurd if you want the advantage in 1.2 melee, in exactly the same way you did in 1.1 . The only difference there is that you can't lock on. Once you begin charging *YOU* are inputting a combonation of punches and kicks designed to EITHER confuse your opponent, OR to kick off a more powerful combonations of punches and kicks that triggers a special combo which has a higher potential for causing large amounts of damage than a random flurry of weak attacks. On the other end, while you are being attacked, you are trying to dodge attacks in such a sequence that you do not fall off beat and become overtaken by a special combonation or a flurry of punches and kicks (much like in a popular anime I'm sure most of you have seen before, Dragonball, or another one that I certainly hope most of you are familiar with, Dragonball Z.

ALSO note that WHILE the melee animation is playing (in otherwords, when you start attacking, or blocking, and you can visibly see confirmation of how well you did) you are either charging a counter attack or trying to hit keys in the correct sequence to dodge that counter attack. THEN during THAT counter attack you are repeating the reverse a final time. After the fighting animations start the defender will have time to counter *if* he has finished blocking attacks sent his way and still has any time left over, which means he will have less time to charge attacks than his original attacker did. The original attacker, in turn, will have even less time to counter his opponent's counter.

How does that all translate out? Madeningly quick execution of special power combonations and counter attacks and variation attempting to confuse your opponent into missing enough beats to be overtaken in melee.

Now how the hell does that not require as much or more skill than teleporting next to your opponent and swooping into his back (especially considering you are *still* trying to do that before the melee charging sequence even begins)?

Best answers
Nice explanations, hopefully those who are not so fond on how 1.2 looks can rest easier?

Best answers
The melee fatalities might gib the player.
but about "other" fatalities...

when shooting a beam which would kill the target,the beam could disconnect at contact and fly trough the person,the model would have a hole trough the body,and of course....lotsa blood when the beam goes trough the model.
:laff:

Best answers
Meh I vote for what Masta said....

BLOOD!!!

Back on topic,uhh....I want more blood in it!!!

Sadly, I think Masta has just drained my brain of important cranial juice.... :p j/k Can't think of anything as of yet....I was thinking a meteo combo-ish thing,but that would be too much of a burden for Darktooth....hmmm....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I thi9nk blood would be kinda wasted effort. Perhaps I should have said "finisher" instead of "fatality."

Best answers
fatalities just dont seem the dbz style. maybe a little blast of ki in a final big punch or something, that would look really cool.

Best answers
Yea Finishers sounds better lol.

Who played any of the older DBZ games like the 1 for snes or the 1s for psx.

You know how the enemy can knock you hard enough and you smash into a rock or something? Maybe they can have that to add some back ground graphics for this game. In types of finishers, I choose meteo chain combos!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom