1.2 Melee Idea...Fatalities?

Best answers
cold steel said:
/me eats blood :O

Nice idea i like it, allthough it should only be extreme melee hit fatalities, like a back breaker, or a neck twister, stuff like that. There should be no beams involved.
good idea, although a neck breaker on buu or an arm breaker on him probably wont work, but still everyone else is would work, the sound of crushing bones and the poping of ligiments is always a good thing to hear before you drop dead to the ground :D

Best answers
I like this thread.

We should combine what Pcjoe, Saiyan Pride XIX, Masta, and !xXShadowXx! have said into one big ass suggestion.

We have the melee combo being entered. While thats happening, the characters taunt each other and flare their auras. Then the melee-ing occurs. As one of the characters begins to get low on health, the final blows swing into slow motion and the final hit can either be something special or something normal depending on how much ki you have remaining to finish them off.

;)

Best answers
Or like when in the buu saga when vegeta and goku fight and vegeta teleports behind goku and say 'whats the matter clown' and doe's that dive bomb to the ground.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm liking the way this thread is going. This is a very good idea.

Can you say...........kick ass?

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol... masta is one crazy monkey.

finishing moves will be PRETTY! I can do the animations! wee!!! and that throw thing.. its not really laggy.. it doesnt really matter if it is anyway.. your just there spinning really fast.. you cant do anything.. lol

But yet.. very fun to do! :-D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why dont we put in bullet time!!!!!! so we can do uber leet moves and make it seem like werre speed h4x1ng!!

Best answers
Howa bout like in def jam vendetta when you do a finsher its goes slow then at the end it goes fast

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow...my idea is cool!? Alright!!

I was thinking that normal form "finishers" would be really brutal backbreakers, axe handle smashes, that sort of thing. At SSJ forms they should be more flaboyant. Maybe a more arrogant or impressive finish, like Vegeta firing a little ki ball mercilessly into the other guy's face, or Piccolo easily sidestepping a blow to the face only to clobber the opponent with a blast. My favorite will be Buu, who's second form finisher animation would be something funny like watching the enemy blow his head off but have it grow back suddenly and Buu absorbs them. lol

Yeah...I like the idea about blending all the ideas into one.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DarktoothDKD said:
lol... masta is one crazy monkey.

finishing moves will be PRETTY! I can do the animations! wee!!! and that throw thing.. its not really laggy.. it doesnt really matter if it is anyway.. your just there spinning really fast.. you cant do anything.. lol

But yet.. very fun to do! :-D
hahahahaha poor dt we make him do way too much stuff

and u already have axe handel smashes and heavy hitting stuff like that in the melee with the power attacks

Best answers
yep.. its official 1.2 melee officially sucks.. they have comepletely abandonded a good system and have wrecked it.. wtg!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
guess what else is offical

a warning for that offtopic flame u just did!

enjoy

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super_Vegeta.LE said:
yep.. its official 1.2 melee officially sucks.. they have comepletely abandonded a good system and have wrecked it.. wtg!
That was unexpected o_O Whatever floats your boat, we left a cvar to switch between beta 1.1 + 1.2 melee (sv_simplemelee), so we didnt "abandon" it.

But yeah, like hibiki said, please stay on topic. We have plenty of threads for you to complain about melee.

*Edit*
Reply to the topic - Don't get carried away, don't want to be working on pretty fx for a month now, lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh I know, Hib, I meant like a "charged energy assist" type of power attack, one that sends the guy flying, with a cool sound attached to it. Think like Budokai style.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Oh I know, Hib, I meant like a "charged energy assist" type of power attack, one that sends the guy flying, with a cool sound attached to it. Think like Budokai style.
instead of just alittle axe handel would be cooler to do something more like u kick the guy up and then smash them down instead of just hitting them down

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Super_Vegeta.LE said:
Wow, you only see vague videos about melee and a description saying it's a major WIP and you still assume it sucks... :rolleyes:

anyways, The idea in general is pretty cool sounding, not many things I see wrong with it, but I also agree with Hibiki's posts as well. :]

Best answers
I LOVE the idea about the witty comments. That has to be the best, and easiest to impliment idea here. well done.

I also like the ideas of fatality moves, I mean, Trunks already has one, with his sword. Just like that.

Best answers
ideas for fatalities/finishing moves:

Goku: Dynamite kick/mini kamehameha

Vegeta: Overhead smash/uppercut to the face/holds fist out and blasts em (mini big bang?)

Gohan: Kick to the side of the head (like he does against pumped up cell)/mini kamehameha

Picollo: hmmmmm doesnt really have any trademark melee moves, suggestions?/sbc that shoots thru the guy, body falls to floor

Trunks: same as picollo?/sword slash

Buu: Doesnt buu have a body slam type move?/Candy

Frieza: Tail smash/Finger laser similar to picollos sbc

Krillin: Not a clue

Cell: Taken from other characters

Just my 2c. It would be nice to see this sort of thing, (ddr style combo) KAMEHAMEHA!!!

Best answers
Well its probably going a bit off topic now, but anyways..
When i first played 1.0 melee, i got the hang of the swoop in the first 20 mins, and i thought 'hm well thats kinda easy to use, this'll get boring real quick'.
but then ppls took the system to new levels and started doing really awesome things with it which will definately happen with this as well i reckon.
this change to melee is definately a good one i think coz theres more possibilities with it.

oh and im not sure if this was cleared up b4, but what happens if u swoop someone in the back? i think the player should get smacked with one big hit like in the current melee- so u can teleport around ppl and do more damage this way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom