1.2 installer vs evm

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
no it doesnt convert anything the way patches work is they replace the old files
correct ...
and I hope it's work perfectly ... I know whose fault it would be ... but I still hope it ;)
I still recommend to unistall B1.1 and install with full B1.2 installer

Best answers
I don't understand why EVM was such a 'problem' to install... I mean, it was in a .rar format and all you had to do was hit the "Extract" button on the tool bar and search for the esf directory. Then it does all the work from there. Where the pain in the ass comes in, I don't know. Worked fine for me-- even though its completely worthless without a server in the US. My advice is to not even bother with EVM if you are in the US, because right now the only servers supporting it are all Euro-- not to mention every noob in ESF who wants to try the new transformations will be wanting to get in the server, leaving it full everytime. I doubt they'll be running some 32 people server. Its a good idea, but only a select group will get to fully take advantage of such an addon. And I have no clue how the progress of EEA is going, but that is America's best hope for any such addon.

And I agree with Nretep about uninstalling the 1.1 version. Just go with the full 1.2 release. I think the problem with the 1.0 to 1.1 update install was that trunks was missing crosshairs or something, anyone remember that? Not to mention it will be for STEAM now so maybe the full 1.2 install would work better than an updated installer.

Best answers
I also played evm today... to tell u the turth I think I got lucky cause the servers werent full... it's cool, ssj2.. kaioken. But besides the transformations..nothing new. So I think esf 1.2 will rock compared to evm. And the idea of keeping the server client only for them totally suxx0rs!

Best answers
There is no comparison between EVM and ESF, EVM is a add-on to ESF therefore it relies on the ESF running system. They simply cannot be compared. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u guys are apparently not understanding....im not technically comparing evm to 1.2 in anyway except the installation. So stop posting on how u think evm is better cause of transformations and stuff cause that has nothing to do with this thread

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll go ahead and change the title to something more appropriate.

Best answers
In that case I think 1.2 will definitely install better. EVM is created by amatuer coder's (Not in a bad way) who are begining to learn the physic's of coding, obviously the veteran team of ESF will do a better job with creating an installer. I am sure later releases of EVM will have great installer's, you do have to give them credit though, they did do a great job for a first release. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ultimate 17 said:
And I agree with Nretep about uninstalling the 1.1 version. Just go with the full 1.2 release. I think the problem with the 1.0 to 1.1 update install was that trunks was missing crosshairs or something, anyone remember that? Not to mention it will be for STEAM now so maybe the full 1.2 install would work better than an updated installer.
we're still not sure if the Patch (1 -> 1.1) works fine ... it just replaced old files with newer version ... and there weren't so many ...
but still ... it's everytimes better to instsall full version ... because then there're any dumb files (unused) and it works better for sure
If any file wasn't in the 1 -> 1.1 Patch, but was needed for B1.1, it was mainly my fault :( sorry guys ... but I sent alot time to check which files have changed ...
and the 1.1 -> 1.2 patch will be completly my fault if it doesn't work :p ... because I've to check the files and to make the installer ... so ... just hope :p

Best answers
So there will be an update?(A patch for 1.1) Or will it be a full download since so much has changed? o_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom