1.2 crashes

Best answers
esf seems to be fine when i start it up and join a server first. but when theres a map change or i disconnect and join a diffrent server it causes an error in HL.exe and shuts off and im forced to restart my comp. i also get crashes on bots occasionally. i dont care as much about the bot crashes as i do the normal map/server change ones. i also had a back up esf folder that was right after i installed esf 1.1 and then i installed 1.2 again and it still happens. can anyone help?

JCD

Best answers
Same for me but its crashing for me at random so not only at map change or so ;D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you using OpenGL? If not, then use it.

And do the bots crash when you change this skill level of the bot, if so, then use the new menu (default key is SHIFT).

Best answers
im having the same problem, but it only started recently....its very strange. i cant explain what happens! when i first installed 1.2 the bots that came with it were fine and dandy. i decided to try the new melee on them! what could go wrong? nothing thats what! so then since it was like 1 am and i had nothing better to do, i went to bed. i wake up today and make a lan game to practice on and POOF everything goes f---ed up. it only happens when i do 2 of the following:
1.when i use a small spirit bomb and its about to explode when hitting sumthing

and

2. when i look directly at a bot and swoop at him, the instant i start a swoop, the game freezes and replays the first 2 seconds of the sound effects currently playing on the screen.

could someone help me and this fine young (or old i dunno :S) man (or woman...i didnt look at who made it. whaaaat...) for making this thread for the EXACT problem i am to be having!
by the way... i tried using open gl on my half life but it says my video card dooes not support that mode, however i recently reformatted my computer (deleted everything on it and restarted) and all the times i played half life before that, i could use open gl. is there anything i can do to get my open gl back (if thats gunna fix this problem) or is there a bug the team forgot to fix?

Best answers
that happens to everyone it is a glitch in the game in which they need to fix in a patch!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No and yes. They screwsed up the gamedll.
Open up your liblist.gam and change the gamedll line to:

gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"

That seems to fix my crashing problems.

JCD

Best answers
What the hell :shocked:
gamedll_linux "linuxdlls/hl_i386.so"
thats in my liblist :S dun think that's right

Best answers
Yup, thats normal :p

Its the path above that.

like this

gamedll "esf_bot\esf_bot.dll"

Clear? :)

Best answers
all ym stuff is already like that! wtf is going on...this is what mine looks like exactly:

// Earth Special Forces Game Info file
game "Earth`s Special Forces"
url_info "http://www.esforces.com"
url_dl "http://www.esforces.com/files.php"

version "Beta 1.2"
size "297873146"
svonly "0"
cldll "0"
type "multiplayer_only"
nomodels "1"
//gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"

so what do i change? its exactly the way you said to change it so what do i do?

Best answers
i just saw sumthing, should i remove the // the line? if not discard this post and look at the one i made above it

Best answers
Change gamedll "esf_bot\esf_bot.dll" to "dlls\hl.dll"

so it would be like this

gamedll "dlls\hl.dll"

You dont need the // as it will just ignore anything written there.

Best answers
i coulda sworn i posted sumthing after that but its not appearing...anyways will this thing get rid of my bots? cause i did what you said and my game runs perfect but now when i go to open the bot menu it doesnt come up. jus lemme know if i can get them back and STILL have the game work. if not tough cookies
thnx

Best answers
ah ok...well thanks! im i school right now so when i get home ill try the patch. THNX a ton....LOOK AT MY KIRBY SMIL OH YEA!----> <("^)

o_O :p i luv these lol :devil: :fight:

Best answers
:cry: can someone PLS just post there correct liblist.gam (the whole document pls) thanks so much.
cause beside this crash problem ESF IS AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
// Earth Special Forces Game Info file
game "Earth`s Special Forces Inteam version"
url_info "http://www.esforces.com"
url_dl "http://www.esforces.com/files.php"

version "Beta 1.2"
size "160000000"
svonly "0"
cldll "0"
type "multiplayer_only"
nomodels "1"

^ Thats the full liblist.gam for you, Inteam is something that happens with the bot.

Best answers
ok i put in the patch...but my bots dont work...do i have to change the lines back to the way they were?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom