1.1 or 1.2?

Do you like ESF 1.2 Or 1.1?

• ESF 1.1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESF 1.2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
hehe in his second post he basically said 1.2 is rubbish cuz he cant HOW anymore.
hahahahahahaahah

1.2 is far better than 1.1 in every way imaginable. we gots adv. melee, wall jumps, secret combos, throwing etc. i really dont see how people can like 1.1 better than 1.2.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To land on all 4's you just have to be holding onto jump while you hit the ground. After you land you can press left/right/front/back/jump to "hop" in that direction, very useful for dodging incomming attacks.
Oh, I also updated my dev journal.

Best answers
ey my C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\ESF\cl_dlls\client.dll won't open?!!??!! got any suggestions to make it work?!?

Best answers
Hey KamiKaze did you unpacked the dll from zip before launching the game? haha

Best answers
well i love the new things in 1.2 new explosions generic balls and so on but still i think i prefer to use simple melee, why?

becouse 1.2 gets to repetetive same combos all the time and to win against a good player you need luck that your oponent cant guess on the random keys or that you will throw him to death which isnt all that fun...

in 1,1 it was skill to beat another player becouse you couldnt win in a fight by luck, but in 1.2 its almost the only way to beat a good player with only melee.

well those are just my toughts.

still its a great game.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AuroraFlash said:
It's just the other way around now ... now, the others are ALWAYS winning the head-on against me ... such a rubbish
Oh how the mighty have fallen . . .

So, which where you? HOWer? LSM lamer? Script Fightah?

1.2 gets rid of everything that made me not want to play 1.1, and good riddance. Melee works great now that no one can cheat at it. Too bad you haven't figured it out yet.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AuroraFlash said:
It's just the other way around now ... now, the others are ALWAYS winning the head-on against me ... such a rubbish
lol...right, thats quite funny. An obvious hower.

If you read the manual, you'd find that you have to be swooping for a little while before you can actually hit the other opponent, or go to struggle with him. If you wait until he is a few metres infront of you, you'll get hit.

Best answers
I can tell you :
ESF 1.2 is made for noobs who where too stupid for 1.1 ...
It's quite simplified ... too simplified... and it's bull****...
pressing buttons ... bull**** !
Sure, so many foolish children are now getting their first orgasms because they can finally press some buttons and they turn green ... wow, that's what I call amazing improvement o_O ...
By the way... there still is a whole lot of bugs... the first I know is that when two people are swooping head-on, it's sometimes ignored by that nice ESF 1.2 of yours... and it's like one hasn't swooped at all... very nice :S ...
It's just crippled !!!
I could tell you how to do things, but I thought the ESF Team itself was made up by brilliant people with brains big like cars ... well... it seems it's more like some dinosaurs sitting around, thinking about some buttons that could be pressed in future ...

Best answers
AuroraFlash said:
By the way... there still is a whole lot of bugs... the first I know is that when two people are swooping head-on, it's sometimes ignored by that nice ESF 1.2 of yours... and it's like one hasn't swooped at all... very nice :S ...
If Goku and Vegeta people swoop into each other, but Vegeta has only just started the swoop, Goku will start prepunching. That's not a bug, it's to stop LSMing. You need to be swooping for about a second in order to count.

Maybe if you took the time to learn 1.2 melee, you'd appreciate it more. As it is, I get the impression that you've just decided to hate it, and nothing will change that. A shame, really. It's a really clever system, all in all. Once the 1.2.1 patch is out, it'll be even better, too.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AuroraFlash said:
I can tell you : I could tell you how to do things, but I thought the ESF Team itself was made up by brilliant people with brains big like cars ... well... it seems it's more like some dinosaurs sitting around, thinking about some buttons that could be pressed in future ...
Uh-huh, and I suppose you know all of the coding necessary to reproduce this complex system....? (IE: the team IS smart ^_^)

Seriously, this is your last warning - if you think 1.2 is bad, MAKE A CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTION for a new or alternate system, or else don't bother posting that you dislike 1.2. If you fail to adhere to this policy of constructive criticism, you will be warned.

Best answers
Maybe it's because it takes time to learn it, why I prefer 1.1 ...
It's way too complicated if I have to study the controls ... well ... that never happened before in any game ...

But yes, I won't take it away from you ... your loved ESF 1.2 ...

As I said before, I will accept it ... But that doesn't force me to love it like i loved 1.1 , right ?
In my opinion, it's not as good as before ... the gameplay suffers from boons and crying *****es that want to change everything their way ...

And to YOU : Shut up you son of a ***** ! I won't let you warn me, sucker !
You can byte the dust or lick some asses ... it makes no
difference to me ... but don't bother me !!!

This thread asked me ... well not only me but also me ... and so I got the right to tell everyone what I think about the new ESF !!!
Now you can go and pull out some words and form them in my mouth ... and change them to the way you want to have them and then you can go on with your senseless discussion ...
You can't ever change my opinion I can only do it by myself !!!

Best answers
Quick question: What is this stuff about LSM, HOW, etc.? What are all these acronyms? I only played 1.1 occasionally (old melee frustrated me), so I never picked up on these terms. I've gotten a general impression that they aren't good, but what are they?

On topic: 1.2 by far, I don't suck miserably at it!!!!!! THANK GOD FOR STREET FIGHTER!!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AuroraFlash said:
I can tell you :
ESF 1.2 is made for noobs who where too stupid for 1.1 ...
It's quite simplified ... too simplified... and it's bull****...
pressing buttons ... bull**** !
Sure, so many foolish children are now getting their first orgasms because they can finally press some buttons and they turn green ... wow, that's what I call amazing improvement o_O ...
It's just crippled !!!
I could tell you how to do things, but I thought the ESF Team itself was made up by brilliant people with brains big like cars ... well... it seems it's more like some dinosaurs sitting around, thinking about some buttons that could be pressed in future ...
u sir and the very reason why i like 1.2

because sissy pansys who seem to think that just cause they were good in 1.1 suddenly should make them uber experts in 1.2 and pwn everyone

and if they cant its OMG 1.2 IS BROKEN THIS SUCKS I CANT HOW!

Best answers
Hibiki said:
u sir and the very reason why i like 1.2

because sissy pansys who seem to think that just cause they were good in 1.1 suddenly should make them uber experts in 1.2 and pwn everyone

and if they cant its OMG 1.2 IS BROKEN THIS SUCKS I CANT HOW!
So you love to misunderstand things ...
My first question to you : have you ever played with me ?
I don't think so ...
So tell me how did you get the brilliant idea that I was howing ?
I would be really pleased if you could give me an answer to that one ...

Best answers
Varleran said:
Quick question: What is this stuff about LSM, HOW, etc.? What are all these acronyms? I only played 1.1 occasionally (old melee frustrated me), so I never picked up on these terms. I've gotten a general impression that they aren't good, but what are they?
I can't remember for sure, but I think that LSM stands for "Last Second Meleer". HOW is "Head-On Whore". To keep it short, they were design limitations in 1.1's combat system. 1.2 crushes them into the dust with the new melee struggle system. Thank god.

Aurora: you claim that you have to "learn lots of buttons" - if you read the manual, you'd know that's not true. There aren't even any buttons unique to melee.

By the way, you don't have the right to your opinion on these forums. It's moderated speech here, so I'd be more careful about how you say things.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystic Snidely said:
By the way, you don't have the right to your opinion on these forums. It's moderated speech here, so I'd be more careful about how you say things.
On the contrary, he does.

However, when it comes to the type of comments he is making, it is preferred, nay, asked for, that he make constructive comments that can help the team with his qualms. Everyone is entitled to voice their opinions, and whether or not they violate any rules comes later, when the staff reads those opinions.

To the point: I agree with Snidely - I have yet to see any massive complaints in-game such as "LSM" and "HOW". It's great to go into a server and have a solid bout without the LSM and HOWing labels.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AuroraFlash said:
And to YOU : Shut up you son of a ***** ! I won't let you warn me, sucker !
You can byte the dust or lick some asses ... it makes no
difference to me ... but don't bother me !!!
nice edit

enjoy the warning

AuroraFlash said:
So you love to misunderstand things ...
My first question to you : have you ever played with me ?
I don't think so ...
So tell me how did you get the brilliant idea that I was howing ?
I would be really pleased if you could give me an answer to that one ..
because ur whining just like one

Best answers
You know, I just LOVED that episode of DBZ where everyone just flew at each other and blasted them across the way without having to go into long complex battles that involved exciting fighting techniques such as combos and throwing.

Oh... wait...

Melee has moved on from your easy to use, buggy tripe. Deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom