• ESF 1.1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESF 1.2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystic Snidely thats wrong

u can rebound if ur flung into the ground theres no way to get stuck if u catch urself

Best answers
i cant beleive sum ppl dont like 1.2
how could u not
i love it
i hated the targeting melee system in 1.1 so crap
1.2 is so much beta
and ppl are starting to use melee less in the servers
so all in all its a great job
cant wait for transformations n the ctdb mode to b done

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
top stuff team

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we are not saying we dont like it, we are jsut saying we llike some of the simple stuff from 1.1, this thread = success :D

Personally i think the wall jump was the best feature added, i love it.

Best answers
1.2, though i miss the HUGE powerstruggles from alpha 0.6 :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im positive 1.2 is probably funner, but since i cant play it coz of steam, i shall agree...1.1 is better since it doesnt need steam :\

Best answers
you can play 1.2 with won too
they only dont support the use of it
1.2 is better for me, melee deals up to 4 times the damage it did in 1.1 lol
if your playing agains a noob anyways...
lotsa fun dodging those easy combo's of some ppl, up down up down up down...
and i don't really notice ppl using melee less now.. in the server i join every night i just trow ppl to the ground and charge a supertiny deathball,finishing buster or renzoku lol
btw how ya recover from the ground? i know how you recover on a wall

Best answers
1. it more stable
2. bot don't crash the program when teleporting
3. throwing needs some work
4. keep up the good quality of work that went in to this mod version 1.2
5. bring back esf_guru map

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alpha 2.0 all teh way =P I choose 1.2b Alpha 2.0 was the best out of all!! +P

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
energy saiyan said:
how then...?

by pressing jump on the exact right moment or something?
Hold jump before you hit the ground and you'll land on all fours. Press jump again to jump off of the ground.

Best answers
That doesn't work for me, and I've been trying to do it for half an hour. There must be more to it than that. Can you only do it when recovering, for instance?

(I can walljump off of walls dead easily, though.)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just make sure you are holding jump when you hit the ground. You have to hit the ground face first, not at an angle or you'll just roll. Keep it held down and you'll land different than usual. You can press and hold jump before or after you get hit.

Best answers
Nope, it just isn't having any of it. It's all the more frustrating because I can do it just fine against a wall. When I just hold down jump and face the ground, I just land and stand there like an idiot.

I guess it's just one of those things you can do, or you can't, like clicking your fingers. Oh well. Thanks for trying to help, anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure you need a direction and\or holding down the left mouse button.

Ok, it is for sure:

After being thrown or smacked to the ground, hold jump and a direction. Then let go of the direction, continue holding jump for farther distance. Do not hold the direction after you've started to charge or you won't go anywhere ;).

Best answers
Direction/LMB/both don't make any difference.

This is driving me nuts.

EDIT: I just noticed Sonic said you have to have been hit first. I was just trying it on a server by myself. Doh! My bad.

Best answers
I am angry at the moment ...
I am not pleased a bit of this 1.2 **** !!!
It's like scum, it's the worst kind of rubbish i've ever had on my hard-disk ...
I'd more like to play counter-strike and I can tell you I want to kill anyone who plays this CS-**** !!
I hate to press buttons in order to a ****ing **** **** **** **** **** ...
ESF 1.2 is the mix of sodomy and incest !!!
There is nothing worse than making one of my favourite games become rubbish !!!
You better change it back ...

ESF 1.2 is the seed of evil !!!
Don't take ESF 1.2 !!!

Look what ESF 1.2 did to this man !!!

ESF 1.2 makes people do things like that !!!

So I hope you understand now what I think about this one ... it's a terrible failure, but it appears as if I will have to accept it ...

Best answers
lmao, I'm not exactly sure, I'm not really good at 1.2 which is, if I'm honest, a reason not to like it that much, however I'm not that superficial and in time I will grow to love it.
I hate Frieza's Telelikneses though, damn such a waste, it could have been so great..

Best answers
It's just the other way around now ... now, the others are ALWAYS winning the head-on against me ... such a rubbish

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First off, to AuroraFlash: I don't think your tone was necessary. So, you dislike 1.2, you may even powerfully dislike or "hate" it, but you have no grounds to threaten the team by saying "You'd better change it back". The team, need I remind you, does this out of their own, good will, to benefit DBZ fans. Therefore, nothing gives you the right to come in and threaten them to do anything.

Furthermore, if you dislike 1.2 so much, why don't you devise a new and detailed melee suggestion? Posting pictures of tanker wrecks and Michael Jackson aren't going to prove anything, other than that you need to chill out. If 1.2 is such a "terrible failure", then please, feel free to suggest a NEW and COMPLETE melee system to the team. If you want 1.1 melee so badly, though, then the team doesn't need to change anything back, there is a cvar that controls that aspect and is waiting to be toggled by people such as yourself. However, if you dislike 1.2, don't try and make it look like people who do enjoy it are complete asses, because that's not the case. Your opinion is your own, and playing a game doesn't change a person to that extent. If you want to voice your opinion, do it in a civilized and constructive manner, understood?

To the point: I MUCH prefer 1.2 over 1.1. 1.2 offers the flexibility to give experts neat strategies and "secrets" while also letting new players get a feel for the game relatively quickly. This is a much more refreshing change than all of the "cheap"-labelled tactics that 1.1 spawned, causing a lot of verbal fisticuffs in-game. A much-needed improvement, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom