1.1 melee... im 1.2?

Best answers
will 1.1 melee still be in 1.2?
i heard that theres going to be a cvar to switch between them
but what does that mean? do you type it in your console or something?
EDIT:srry about the im ^_^ its in

Best answers
1.2 is a completely different Melee system. Everyone will be "noobies" to this. :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.1 melee is in 1.2, yes it is by cvar. When you create a server go into console and type sv_"whatever-cvar-name-is-here" "number". The number can be 1 or 0 for toggling on or off (1 on, 0 off) or setting values.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, the truth has been told. I believe Joe said a while back that there will be something along the lines of sv_simplemelee 1 or 0....or something to that extent. At any rate, yes, 1.1 melee will be in 1.2 just in case you're feeling nostalgic =]

And, yes, if you made the server, you'd type "sv_simplemelee 1" into your conosle (if that is the cvar name), and it would switch over to the simple melee mode on your server.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now, keep in mind that doesn't mean that you'll get your old animations or you'll be able to target your opponents like you could in 1.1, that kind of thing was taken out of all traces of the original code. Simple melee in 1.2 will not play like melee in 1.1, but it will be similar.

Best answers
hmmmm... ill have to try that then, cuz this damn target is really rubbing me the wrong way.

Best answers
Sliq said:
1.2 is a completely different Melee system. Everyone will be "noobies" to this. :S
I wouldn't say noobes, 'cause it might be not as hard as it looks like. But right now (1.1) you need skills to be a good melee-player, I like that.
It's a very good adjustement that you can use the 1.1 melee system in 1.2, at least a part of it ^^ gj

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom