Juuhachigou aka android 18 model (attempt)

Best answers
alright this is pretty much my first attempt at modelling so its bound to have plenty of mistakes etc, but anyway i appreciate all CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and welcome any smaller tips and ideas, please don't tell me EVERYTHING thats wrong if its like half the model cuz i'd like to be able to keep working on this rather than totally restarting thanks :D

ta daaaaah........... *thud*

EDIT: useless thing, it should work as a link then

http://www.gphost.uk8.net/user/Halcyon/images/Juu02.jpg

if not i don't know why..... *itches head*

(ah i think its cuz i missed a capital letter)

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The poly flow on the legs isn't all that great.
The torso is acceptible though :).

Best answers
front and side flatshaded or wire render would be easier to spot errors

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
^ya.

Everything seems way off, But itss coming along just try and and make the shape present her more. lol

Best answers
thanks guys, an acceptable torso pleases me since thats the part i have been working on mostly :D.

Cruzharo, is there any chance you could be more specific as to what is 'way off' for me please? i can't adjust things very easily unless i can see specificities.

oh yeah before i forget. how the hell do i go about creating a had? *laughs* i haven't tried that yet!

p.s. if i finished this off would people be willing at all to animate/skin etc? (i know its early days i just felt like asking)

thanks for the crits! ^^

EDIT: i took a screeny of front and side view (but i didn't mirror it which you probably wanted..... ) if that helps.

Best answers
post a flat shaded picture so we can actually see whats going on...

Best answers
booya, flat render, sorry for the delay and keep in mind i haven't spent very much time on the arms of legs really, but still suggestions of how to go about it are appreciated thankyou. =)

Best answers
ur boobs.....

are off... fix.. poly formation in legs.. around the knee... its iffy.. I would sugest.. model a few female bodies.. naked... then try and make one clothed..
easyer to model a nude one.. then fully clothed..
u understand the form and praportions better after

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha^

Anyway ya what he said lol

Some stuff really is way off...but its coming along. GJ sofar :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O_O .... No poly flow...

........... Thats the only thing i can say... : Redo it!... and test ur skills.. ;) lok at some tuts.. maybe u learn abit more! :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
God damn tryforce.. stop using "!" alot please =P ... There is a poly flow on the side, and it's looking good so far. My suggestion is use spheres for the boobz.

Best answers
Cruzharo said:
haha^

Anyway ya what he said lol

Some stuff really is way off...but its coming along. GJ sofar :)
if you're going to reiterate that things are 'way off' please state SPECIFICALLY what is way off and why, rather than such a vague comment...... otherwise its no help to me

thanks for the criticism DBXMe2, appreciate the advice and specificity.

heres an update, i've been busy with other stuff in photoshop at the moment. *sigh*

i know the breasts are still not right although i think i have an idea how to sort them just about, and i messed around with the leg a bit though i think it needs lengthened, and ignore the foot haha i just slapped that on a sec ago.

keep that ole advice coming people ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is specifity even a word??

ok, the boobs are terrible. i dunno who you are or how old...but you should have at least seen 1 pair, and i hope to god they didnt look like that >;0

how to fix: very simply, there is 1 polygon on the breast that is facing upward when it should be facing more forward, so rotate it a little, and lift it up. that should get a nicer shape.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the breasts can be fixed easely, just rize the vertexes to get this:

it's under a skirt so they dont have to be round.

Best answers
hey guys i've been working on those boobehz and stuff but i can't find any reference for her feet much so if anyone has any it would be greatly appreciated.

btw the advice for the breasts has been muchos useful thanks gir and niobe.

Best answers
some parts of the model are still screwed slightly but hey who cares! (feel free to say if you do... =P)

anyway i learnt that skinmapping is a painful and tedius progress but i have modeled the entire body and done a rough skin for it for people to see. i will make and skin a head as soon as i get round to it.... feel free to criticise and comment or give suggestions etc etc.

voila! (i didn't bother doing any shading on the skin or sleeves yet, shame on meh)

Best answers
- Fix the Knees, your anatomy is wrong as is your shading
- Need more definition pretty much, everywhere
- The breasts need some major work
- Folding on the torso is none-existant to poor
- Boots are pretty nice though
- Your need to blend out the line between your front map & back map on the skirt sides

Generally as I've told ya before, its kinda hard to notice the difference betweent the back and the front. Even with addition of breasts its still kinda hard to tell. The skirt is a fairly standard cylinder so even having just learned how to skinmap you should probably use a cylindrical gizmo. Also flat map the bottom/inside area of her skirt and assigned it a small dark area of the skinamp. Also can you post a back + side view....

Best answers
dont take critz from him yours looks much better than the current crap they have now.

Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
dont take critz from him yours looks much better than the current crap they have now.
what the **** are you smoking

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom