WIP: Vegeta drawing + color

Bolteh2

B
Inspired by the thread from ashur (and the discussion about own style dbz characters) i started doodling during math class, this is the digitaly inked drawing (and busy with the digital painting of it), you might notice a weird lighting source (or multiple) but thats cuz i was thinking about the ssj aura that surounds a character

c&c still welcome tho (as long as you know what youre talking about.. stuff like OMFG GIVE HIM BICEPS AND HUGE ARMS, etc, won't be noted)

ps: i know about the smallness, this is actually the real size im working on (made some exporting mistakes in illustrator and didnt bother to re-export it)

Best answers
Looks ****ing awesome Bolteh, about time to see some style put in DBZ.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woah man, thats coming along nicely =O, personally though i wudda added sum biceps :p. I like the colouring so far, are you going to do the legs too? Would be awesome to see him in his full glory. I like his facial expression, it really fits vegeta well, but the arms imo, do need a little more muscle at the moment, the rest of his figure is huge compared to those arms. Nice work though, its a shame u did it such a small size : \ i cant wait to see it done

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh, I'm really digging it too. I love when people take a well known anime or whatever and apply their own take or personal style to it. It always makes for a sweet pictures. And what can I say about the coloring, it's beautiful. The only suggestion I might like to see would be that his eyebrow is the same color as his hair, only for consistency's sake.

I love Bolteh, keep it up. I want to see more

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, yeah a slight tweak would be to make his eyebrows yellow, and his eyes green.

Best answers
Haha, thats awesome man. I really like it. Do draw the legs, it would be awesome to see him in full figure. I see nothing wrong with it at this point, so keep up the good job.

Best answers
Strange style, still very cool lookin and stylish. I have to say though that if vegeta would always have looked like that I probably would never had a crush on him xD
Anyways lookin forward to see it finished.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
verry nice man, i like it alot, this style, is simular to the style a friend of mine does :) looks verry good man, gj.
i also like the fact u gave him a nose, since dbz has these triangle "objects" stuck to there nose =P i like it man, dbz is known with muscular people , and to see those arms is really really cool, there could be a contest made out of this u know, to make the best style'd dbz :).
only 1 negative crit dough, his gums are grey :)
keep it up, may-b u could make a portofolio with all the dbz chars with your own style :D

Bolteh2

B
the grey on the teeth is shade :p not his gums (gums looked teh ugly

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what did you ink/line-art it with? you did a good job with that.

i like this style with the big head and small body... didn't know bolteh had a nack for comedeh!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imo, the color of his shirt should be darker...more like this pic

hey...this pic and ur drawing have a almost the same pose X_x evil

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fix the hair. It looks to flat. It have very little detail compaired to the rest of the drawing.

Best answers
Hey iv got my name in your post XD And you did it in math class to XD!!!!!

Any way nice style.... Yours is 90% or so yours......

Tho i understand its your style but his hands are so small....
Mabe that Vegeta when he is 80 XD!!!!!!
Any way nice work....
Hmmm looks like il be drawing soon again.... :p (Inspired by this thread...)

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ashur said:
Hey iv got my name in your post XD And you did it in math class to XD!!!!!

Any way nice style.... Yours is 90% or so yours......

Tho i understand its your style but his hands are so small....
Mabe that Vegeta when he is 80 XD!!!!!!
Any way nice work....
Hmmm looks like il be drawing soon again.... :p (Inspired by this thread...)
What hands? o_O

Lookin sick Bolteh, I love seeing original styles applied to drawings like this.

Best answers
The stylization is great, but the colours could use some more contrast imo. Keep us updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom