Patch for OBF?

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well... since we are waiting for the final version ... why not make a patch for OBF wich has animations for all models, bots, fixing some bugs ...etc!

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's called the inteam ^^. The Open beta releases were designed to get feedback from the community and showcase what the team currently had. They didn't go too well, people expected a fully functional release so the team released a final one before the actual release.

Everything's been overhauled since the Open beta anyway, I'm not sure if any of the original files are actually still there :p.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Oh ok I was just hoping to have a patch for OBF but ok...

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't worry about it, it's a question that's been asked a few times so you're not the first :p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't worry about it, it's a question that's been asked a few times so you're not the first :p.
Conveniently, he's not the first to forget how to use the search function, either.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Open Beta was released for the general public to help search for bugs. There is absolutely no need for a patch, to fix some bugs. That, and the current version of ESF is so vastly different than the Open Beta was, updating is pointless, it's an entirely different game.

The ESF team should seriously think about deleting the OB from the site....people never understood the reason behind the Open Beta.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Open Beta was released for the general public to help search for bugs. There is absolutely no need for a patch, to fix some bugs. That, and the current version of ESF is so vastly different than the Open Beta was, updating is pointless, it's an entirely different game.

The ESF team should seriously think about deleting the OB from the site....people never understood the reason behind the Open Beta.
I agree on that one

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was under the impression Kurt hacked ESF and threatened to release the sourcecode unless they gave out "whatever they had", is that wrong?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know what Kurt did, but someone has leaked an inteam version anyway. Regardless of that though, it is useless now, and we only have people complaining nowadays that nobody plays the OB, or that it is unstable. It wasn't meant to be played properly anyway.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt released the inteam. He also bundled a trojan with it as I recall. He didn't really make us do anything. Someone brought up the idea of an OB though since they noted that to a certain extent, people did have a point that we hadn't released anything in a long time. But, like Grega said, ppl botched that it wasn't a fully functional version and had lots of bugs. Despite the fact that we said that at the get go. So we stopped after a few releases since people didn't really help report bugs and there were more complaints than it was worth. BUt like Grega said, the game is completely different now.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt released the inteam. He also bundled a trojan with it as I recall. He didn't really make us do anything. Someone brought up the idea of an OB though since they noted that to a certain extent, people did have a point that we hadn't released anything in a long time. But, like Grega said, ppl botched that it wasn't a fully functional version and had lots of bugs. Despite the fact that we said that at the get go. So we stopped after a few releases since people didn't really help report bugs and there were more complaints than it was worth. BUt like Grega said, the game is completely different now.

Sorry for interrupting karrde. But this is the first post i made in this thread.
Did you by chance mean Sicron ^^;

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe, meh ;P

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LEAKERS NEED TO DIE PAINFULL AND SLOW VERY VERY VERY SLOW DEATH

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah yes... I remember that.... Kurt leaked it... Minion... Minion Special Forces... Nude 18 model and all.... I think I still have the files without the trojan in it.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Ok guys you can now close this threat because now I know that there will not be any patch for OBF!

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Sorry for the Double post but can you guys please make a pack with all the obf models with the animations for 1.2?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could have editted your message, but that dosnt' matter
I think you can simply replace your ESF 1.2.3 models with the models you want..

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well iknow that but obf models dosen't have some animations for example advanced melee,some atacks and transformations

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom