Few questions about pl levels

Best answers
I have a few questions mabey some of you verey nice people can help me??
Im actualy just starting to download this mod so bare with me...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) PL (which im geussing means powert level) has that always been a part of ESF like in 1.9 or just in 2.0 or have the forums ive been looking at ont this about DMZ?

2) Can i raise my PL by playing against a bot on Lan

3) Can ur Pl levels be raised playing against an akimobot 1.9 in ESF 1.9 or do i have to wait for the next bot to be brought out for ESF 2.0??

4) Is thier any way i can train in ESF to get my power levels up(Like in the hyperbolic time chamber in DBZ???? ) and do i keep these power levels once i leave the server or the training?

5)Do you have to kill people to raise ur power level???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for any help

:)

Best answers
I've never played this game online but I believe I can answer some of those questions...

PL is powerlevel and it can be raised by killing (akim)bots or people, although the newest akimbot doesn't yet fully support ESF2.0 and so some of the moves will be missing, but it's gonna be updated very soon.

I'm afraid u can't train and keep your PL, if that's what you're after (a role-playing-type game) then I suggest you wait for the soon-to-be superb quake 3 mod : Dragonballquake(.net), which might be just what you're after - but ESF and DMZ are still mighty fine mods.

Edit : uuuuh..can someone tell me how to get this sig working, I'm an idiot.

Best answers
Here's my understanding of it (if I'm wrong about something please let me know):

-Yes, you can raise your PL by battling Akimbot bots. They probably get PL as well. The only way you could use the PL against other humans is if they're in a game with you and the bots.

-PL starts at a certain amount, and raises as you play. As you attack and/or kill people it goes up. It raises faster by harming or destroying stronger opponents (who have a lot of PL). So killing the board leader will likely net you more points than killing someone else.

-PL gained this way is lost when you change levels, servers, etc.

-PL goes up when you're using Turbo

-**I'm unsure about this:** PL is affected by which character you've chosen, but I think that if you've earned a PL bonus as another character you keep it (ex: you play as Goku, kill some people, and switch to Vegeta. I THINK you'll still have a higher PL than a Vegeta who just joined the game). If you do keep it like this, I'm not sure if it's % or a certain amount.

-I don't know if there's an upper limit to PL.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you respawn your PL jumps to the server average. Changing characters knocks you back to average.

Best answers
So if I'm the best in the server and am killing everyone and have a massive PL and die, I'll drop to the average. And if I'm hinding in the corner like a weenie for 15 min and someone kills me I'll get a massive PL boost? Woah, thanks for telling me! This will really effect my suicide attack decisions!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But you do take a hit on PL when you get hurt, die, or change classes (after all, it's a glorified kill command). It never hurts to suicide attack someone who's PL is higher, because *ANY* damage you inflict will raise PL, not just kills. While you do get a higher PL for killing I suggest a quick shot like a low powered beam or some fast fireball action mixed with some good ol fasioned fisticuffs. You'll die but if your killed by someone who's PL is higher your PL will go up not down.

It never hurts to try! Thats the spirit of DBZ and thats what makes me mad about spammers, campers et al.

They want all the glory with no suffering, looking for the cowards way out! Damn it work for your frags!! {/EndRant} :p

Best answers
I join a game or the server switches maps and I pick Goku. I start with the average PL. If I kill hurt/kill ppl my PL goes up, and if they do the same to me it goes down. The changes depend on our PL difference. Any PL I gain/lose this way stays with me as I die. So if I'm sucking and have the lowest PL I'll respawn with the lowest PL.

Later, I die and switch to Vegeta. My PL is different because Vegeta's got a different base PL than Goku, but any PL I've earned/lost stays with me more or less. Meaning in this case I'm weak for a Vegeta.

After that, ESF screws up so I hit retry on the console. When I return to the game I'm given the average PL of all players currently playing. Then I can start gaining/losing PL.

Once the map shifts everyone is dropped back to a common PL level and it all begins again.

Is that it, or is something wrong?

Best answers
Ok, let me explain this again:
If you are the strongest in the server, you won't gain much pl by killing ppl and if you die you won't automatically lose all your pl to the server average. You'd have to die 2-4 times for that to happen. Now when you kill someone wit a lower pl than you, they will gain pl (depending on how low, they might get a little or might get a lot)
If you are the weakest in the server when you die you will only gain pl until you reach the server average or above.
When you hurt someone with an attack, you gain some pl.
When you switch char in the middle of the game, regardless if you are the strongest or not, your pl is NOT saved and you will hafta to start all over again. So it would be wise to pick a char you want and stick wit him.
There is no such thing as pl bonus's
Hitting the turbo button will raise your pl
When the map changes/shifts no one starts with the server average cause everyone will be back at square one again.

Best answers
Each character starts with a base PL. Activating Turbo at any time raises your PL while it's on. Harming others raises your PL, getting hit lowers it. The amount of change is greater if the difference between the PL's of the hitter and the hit are great. Deaths move you closer to the server's average PL level, but not necessarily to the average amount. Changing characters, levels, or re-entering the server drops you to the base PL for the character you select. If that's wrong, scream :), then tell me.

Retired
Best answers
if you get hit, it doesn't lower your PL, only when you die cause of a weaker guy, if you get hit by a weaker guy, your PL will stay the same. that was the only mistake in your post :)

Best answers
Hey Galactus, isnt Galactus from the Silver surfer comics?
(he was for a few)

Best answers
Yep, but he played a bigger part in the Silver Surfer mini TV-series. I rule!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom