Stop pissin on n00bs

Best answers
hi all,

Plz dont talk **** to n00bs.
they cant help it.
besides i dont wanna make you guys angry but do you actually know what aplha stands for? Its a version thats created for the makers to test it not for the gamers. So naming the version alpha is a mistake! it should be a beta.
no offence but i thought you should know.
and no im not a n00b but everyone has been one even you guys so stop pissin on em.

thank you.

also how far r u guys with the real Beta?
I'd like to c it.

I respect your work but not the attitude!!
Keep the good work up!
and dont release the beta till its done!

greetz,

steef

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont give n00bs **** unless they do really stupid **** like dont read anything and post a thread that theres already like 4-5 other thread about it, but i know of a hell of a lot of people that do pointlessly hammer n00b's into the ground

Best answers
l33t i know your a n00b friendly guy...
however this hikibi person is so annoying sometimes.
i dunno if your reading this or if your an admin.
but if you kick me that would be lame...
i can say what i want its a free country after all.
anyways the only thing im askin is to treat the n00bs with atleast a bit respect. they are the future of your game after all.

greetz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only afew of the members here yell and swear at newbies, most of us just tell them what they want to know, so plz dont label all of us just cos of those few bakas

ttttthhhhank you

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah this is about the most n00b hostile forums ive seen no place is quite like here in that respect.

if ya read around before ya post ya should be just fine :) cus thats usually where the problem comes from

Best answers
im not labeling you guys..
dont get me wrong its just a request not an attack to all of you.
and btw i think you know witch ones of you are labeled yourself.

but never mind most of you guys are being nice to them so...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you will know when the newbie bashers get here, lots of caps and bold text:p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by L33T ha4or
not to mention ******, ;( and :S
you mean :S -fm and ;( -hibiki?

don´t think bad of these guys
they just want fun and hate people asking dump questions

Best answers
Originally posted by HydRoBulliT

however this hikibi person is so annoying sometimes.
Sometimes, lol maybe you should watch him more closely he is like 24/7 pi ss ed off r something and he takes it out on us. It's best not to be on his bad side coz then he'll **** u off even more!

And to what firefly said,
Yeah that maybe true about ppl always askin dumb questions but he just takes it too far!
Since when has -FM- been a bad guy he seems normal too me, so I dont know why u labeled him?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can easily understand your request for some respect, and yes, there are some people that just feel it necessary to aggressively point thinkgs out. However, as an unbiased member of the forums, I am going to have to say that this thread should not be an open attempt to take pot-shots at Hibiki. Honestly, he is a good guy. EG: when I was on IRC (one of my first times, effectively making me an IRC n00b), I got into a rather large conversation with him. Just talk to him, give him a chance, I'm sure thats all he would ask.

To close, this was not at all a flame post, I simply wanted to point out that, while newbies want respect, they have to keep in mind that everybody else on the forums should also get it.

Cheers.
Maj :)

Best answers
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/A/alpha_version.html:

alpha version:

A very early version of a software product that may not contain all of the features that are planned for the final version. Typically, software goes through two stages of testing before it is considered finished. The first stage, called alpha testing, is often performed only by users within the organization developing the software. The second stage, called beta testing , generally involves a limited number of external users.

Note the often and the generally. And (more important) the part that says that not all of the futures that are planned for the final version are in.

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/b/beta_test.html:

beta test

A test for a computer product prior to commercial release. Beta testing is the last stage of testing, and normally involves sending the product to beta test sites outside the company for real-world exposure. Beta testing is often precede by a round of testing called alpha testing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he does have a point here. I have seen far too many people flame noobies and say they should read the threads. Just how many threads are there to read? Maybe you should create a seperate forum and place frequently asked questions there so new people can read them before repling (No, not a noob forum, a faq forum)

I'll add this idea to suggestions too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there is a FAQ thing at the top of the forum in the thing that has user CP etc whats it used for ive never been there, but yeah it would be good to have a FAQ thing in the n00b section MAYBE itll stop all the stupid questions

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The faq thing at the top is an html doc of old(ish) mod based questions. My idea is for a seperate forum (like artowrk, or off topic e.c.t where up to date info is placed.
Such as Beta release topic and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom