Beta 1.1 or beta 2 patch

Best answers
ESF Needs fixing. Its fun but it needs more transformations and harder goals. Melee is good but needs to be changed in the way has more like punching and more different melee attacks then kicking and also needs to be harder to use or a cvar to change the way it works. However I do like melee now not everyone else does. ESF needs something that allows you to restrict melee for it. It would be good if we could get a esf version of admin mod to have voting. The shortcut Icon sucks. I made my own. The dragon model needs to have a longer body. Probably hard to make but yes the one now is good but looks ***. I'm temped to make my own but its work. The skin of the mod where you change your settings needs to be different. The text at the top that says you die is unaligned. The crashing needs to be fixed that i'ved heard. ESF needs like metamod plugins that can give you more control over it. I feel so weak as a admin on it. You can't do anything. And when I kick someone they rejoin instantly that needs to be fixed because i'm forced to ban everyone I want kicked. Its needs a MOTD I think not just goto the team select screen. The transformations would be nice to have like ssj3 and like freeza 3 and buu 3 etc. Harder to get and more little things to keep you playing. More attacks TOO! I know I'm rambling on and being a real ***** but I just feel the need to say this.

I know another problem. You can make people suiside themself by charging up a beam and pausing the beam with right click go up to them and let it explode. It will say the person that you went up to has killed themself with whatever beam you used. This also happends when you block a beam and it sticks there and someone runs into it.

You can also kill yourself to get high PL.

Please don't post rude comments to this I'm only saying how I feel. I know that beta 1 probably took a LOT of work. But it needs fixing and I know it might not be the quickest and easiest job and I'm not trying to say like I'm in power and can force this. This is just how I feel nothing more.

Best answers
is melee restricted in dbz? how often do characters in dbz use ki attacks? i do aggree with you that it should be changed but not restricted.

Best answers
melee is gonna be used more then ever when advanced melee comes in. Just have patience remember this is beta 1. Maybe they had a set plan for what they were doing , u never know. Why need a longer dragon body, hes gonna be there for like a few seconds. When u think about it adminmod is not the responsibility of esf. Ya they'll probably make a plugin but u cant stop ppl from rejoining a server, ban them for a temporary time. As i can see ure very pciky, text and back round of the choosing screen? who cares r u really gonna stare at it for hours? I know that those r ure opionions and i respect that, but i dont think it need that much work, ppl think melee is bad, thats their opinion, maybe a lil tweak here and there and it would be perfect, try to post suggestions at the suggestion threads they always look there. On the mainpage i think he just updated about known bugs and investigations and fixing for beta 1.1 which is admirable, lets face it we r not going to see a perfect game comes out theres always something wrong, games have become more complicated thus more bugs.

Best answers
Originally posted by NightSage
is melee restricted in dbz? how often do characters in dbz use ki attacks? i do aggree with you that it should be changed but not restricted.
true. I didn't say restricted. I ment that the server admin could restrict it if he/she chooses. I don't really have a problem with melee but as you can see some people do.

Banned
Banned
Best answers
Wow!
Good thing you know how to edit posts!!

anyway..
Your laundry list of complaints contain things that are far too minor to worry about..or things that are going to be implemented in the future.
-There will be more than 1 transformation in future versions.
-As far as I know, the melee system will continue to be worked/added upon. The system is MORE than fine right now..they're just going to keep working on it.
-The various minor issues/problems, such as the lack of a metamod plugin and the length of the dragon's body, etc..those are things that can be worried about later. You need to remember, this is the first BETA version of the game. Give them some time..

Best answers
Originally posted by Chimpbot
Wow!
-There will be more than 1 transformation in future versions.
-As far as I know, the melee system will continue to be worked/added upon. The system is MORE than fine right now..they're just going to keep working on it.
-The various minor issues/problems, such as the lack of a metamod plugin and the length of the dragon's body, etc..those are things that can be worried about later. You need to remember, this is the first BETA version of the game. Give them some time..
MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! It's only beta 1, just wait till beta 5, everything will only get better! So just grunt it out, and in another year or less, ESF will get better!

Best answers
Arg, people keep saying Beta 5 ... but I don't think it would be called beta 5 that far ahead will it? :p

*EDIT*
Just wondering, what else is there to add to 2nd transformation ... such as ssj2 besides PL? For example: The only thing I can think of Goku missing on the top of my head (that is possible to do well in the HL engine) is drain a smaller ki blast like he did vs. Majin Vegeta ;). The one where he chases after him and he shoots back at Goku and Goku absorbs it :p ... you could have a charge meter for it and let go of it to absorb the shot! :p

Hope that isn't off topic ;)
*EDIT*

Vassago

V
Well, you guys need to keep in mind that this is BETA 1. Not only is it BETA, but it is only the FIRST beta of ESF. Counter Strike went all the way to beta 7.5 before it finally went v1.0, and DoD went to beta 3.3 I believe.

We ARE planning to have more characters and MORE transformations - I am already working on the new models and textures for them. You need to realize though that if we took the time to put all of the forthcoming addons into this version, you guys would have had to wait at LEAST another year. Did you want to wait that long? I didn't think so......

Anyways, this beta1 release is also helping us to find bugs which only sprout out during intensive online play. This means that future versions of ESF will continuously have fewer and fewer bugs, which is always a good thing ;)

Things that I am personally working on for the next release include:

- new player models and textures for further acending states

- revisiting old models and textures to bring them up to par

- possible re-do of the HUD system

- level creation with breakable entities (ie; you can blow shtuff up)

- possibly additional characters to play as (ie; Nappa, Cooler, etc)

And the list goes on. Advanced melee is being thought out as we speak, so don't worry about it. Everything is getting better and better, and we are working hard to make this mod the best it can be.

Best answers
Counter-Strike went past beta 7.0 right?, well just imagine ESF beta 6.0...I bet its gonna make CS look like selling boyscout cookies, and the dragon kicks ass, i didn't know there was a problem with its length, but it looks awesome, I've said it once and I'll say it again , Good Job ESF team

Best answers
Wow Vassago...that **** sounds Wild!!, I can't wait,..and is that..more charachters i hear?!...awesome!!...one of them wouldn't happen to be Brolly, would it? ( although it would kinda be hard to balance Brolly out lol) anyways that sounds awesome Vassago.:yes:

QSD

Best answers
btw don't complain about melee stuff, on a server i use a lot kamehameha when i reach a good pl. melee will never go away and it shouldn't be changed. wanna go back to melee system in alpha???? saw how stupid that was?????
dude u want dbz then u have to get used to the melee cuz melee is a big part of dbz

Best answers
Wow, your working on all that stuff? Does that mean your sticking with the team when you have spare time? I thought after the beta 1 release we wouldnt see anymore of your work. Thats great your contributing still.

Best answers
i thought the addition of movie charectors wasnt gonna happen ;/
if u wanna add some1 let it be Tien.. it would be tough 2 giv him transformation ideas but hell u can tweak a few things....
hmmm well breakable maps, could get a bit ugly... i mean everybody has seen it .. SSJ Vegita *nuff sed*... although i think its a great idea, i mean it would soo cool, wont this mean lag for the 56kers???
tha hud is heaps cool now, would be mad 2 c a better 1 hehe :p
well exactly wot dey sed, its BETA 1..

btw Melee is da best.. i bet da only reason u wanna change it is bcoz u suk at it, advanced melee will come later, lik wif new moves, well i hope anyway :)... and u can use beams aswell, i have sed dis b4 and i will say it again... STRATERGY!!!

i think trunks needs work and deffinetly SSJ Gohan.. another thing, i dunt like it how when u transform lik wif cell and u c him powerup and den at da end, its a model change..:S... i dunt mind how it is.. its only a small thing.. but maybe making things blend would add jst dat little bit of realism LOL... anyway its only da first Beta i cant expect anymore!!

ciao wogasm

Best answers
Originally posted by Chimpbot
anyway..
Your laundry list of complaints contain things that are far too minor to worry about..or things that are going to be implemented in the future.
I'm sorry, but NOTHING's too minor to worry about.

As fans we need to moan, groan, and complain about EVERY LITTLE THING that's wrong with this game in hopes that it makes the game better. Because if we aren't vocal enough about our distaste for something there will be no incentive to change it.

Now I can see being irritated about people complaining about something that's going to be implimented, but if you have a distaste for something then why not say something? Isn't that what this Beta 1 forum is dedicated to?

Look at Bid for Power... that game has balance issues and lag issues out the wazoo... is it fun? Yes. Is ESF fun? Yes. But because something is good, doesn't mean it's good enough. Just because something's in it's first beta stage doesn't mean that people can't point out shortcomings... because if we don't lay it all out on the table early, things may slip through. And every little thing that slips through into the final product reduces the final product's quality just a little bit. Get enough things that slip through, and you have a bad final result.

It's simply stupid to be completely satisfied with something and be defensive when someone has a complaint over something minor. Because defensive attitudes about the complaints of others can only hurt the development of this mod. And I'm seeing a lot of it on these forums (not to pick on the person I quoted specifically... actually this wasn't really intended for them at all... I'm just using them as an example of what I feel is counter-productive statements).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Vassago
Well, you guys need to keep in mind that this is BETA 1. Not only is it BETA, but it is only the FIRST beta of ESF. Counter Strike went all the way to beta 7.5 before it finally went v1.0, and DoD went to beta 3.3 I believe.

We ARE planning to have more characters and MORE transformations - I am already working on the new models and textures for them. You need to realize though that if we took the time to put all of the forthcoming addons into this version, you guys would have had to wait at LEAST another year. Did you want to wait that long? I didn't think so......

Anyways, this beta1 release is also helping us to find bugs which only sprout out during intensive online play. This means that future versions of ESF will continuously have fewer and fewer bugs, which is always a good thing ;)

Things that I am personally working on for the next release include:

- new player models and textures for further acending states

- revisiting old models and textures to bring them up to par

- possible re-do of the HUD system

- level creation with breakable entities (ie; you can blow shtuff up)

- possibly additional characters to play as (ie; Nappa, Cooler, etc)

And the list goes on. Advanced melee is being thought out as we speak, so don't worry about it. Everything is getting better and better, and we are working hard to make this mod the best it can be.
Yeah good to see your working hard (like you ever stop) Yeah I would like to see the custom characters implemented.

And on the melee note i was talking to joe and he says that this is the basis of the melee the melee WILL be expanded apon. Infact there is less in the melee thna he had expected to be put in beta1.

And remember guys this is only BETA1, and in my eyes the mod is very mature for their first beta so please keep that in mind. Things will only get better :)

BrunO

Best answers
Ya, melee is great. I like how it is...but picky people make for weirder uses of gaming *cough*

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My god you guys will add Cooler if you are adding movie characters please please please add Brolly!!!!!!!!!I like him much better then nappa.Nappa sucks you could also add captain ginyu he has cool attacks.

Best answers
Snakes.... overreacting a bit... with everything..... exaggerating.... I'm done.

BREAKABLE TERRAIN WEWTAGE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom