lan server help

Best answers
i want to start a lan match with my friend. tell me how you go about this in steps?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what do u need help in, connecting the pc's to a lan or what?

(i work at a lan shop)

Best answers
well everything really.
i just want to know how to set the lan match up so my friend can play me online..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, first of all you guys need to to buy cables and hubs, and put em together,then u need to buy network adaptor then put em all together with the pc that has the internet on it. then its all about entering a server.
but the problem is that your ping will b high if u go to a server and not open 1(and it will cost alot of money ) :]
anything else?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you host a game online then someone on a lan (networked comp) join it, he will ping at about 5-10 or even less, it depends on if u have a good network cards.

If you join one, he will get whatever ping you are getting, or very close to that

We have 100mib ones that are good,

You need ONE hub, that acts as a *gateway* for all the comps u want to network, simpley plug the network cables all into the hub from the comps network cards, then the power for the hub into the power point, it does not cost as much as you would think

and without trying to flame Spec, but before u try to pass yourself off as a lan salesman, try learning abit about them since u dont know anything u said u need "hubS" and that u will ping high.:tired:

This is the Hub (just one type) the plugs on the front are where u need to plug your netword cables

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom