ESF Team (2 ?'s)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[1]
Why has the CROUCH (DUCK) action been left out? It's VERY helpful in all mods, including ESF. I hope it is added l8er.

[2]
Were the models made larger then resized? I ask this because the models visible feet don't touch the the ground. If you look closely there is about 1/2 to 1 ft. space better the ground & the "feet" of the model. This isn't really a problem, but it is annoying for me since I notice these things. I love the models though, they are like Q3 quality, very nice.

Best answers
I still have crouch bound to control. You're right, it is useful. Since it works, you can probably bind it manually to a key in console.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It works?! I already bound it (bind "ctrl" "+duck") but it didn't work in the game! That's why I asked, I am not a n00b (Cept @ programming ^_^ ). Plus, there are no crouching animations in the models.

Best answers
We took crouching up because in ESF crouching is worthless... Crouchings for hiding and since there a radar.... Also there not really anything to "duck behind". So its gone.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and dont forget adding a duck means dubble the animations which would kill dark XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I wouldn't care so much about duck if the models didn't have that large space between their feet & the ground.

Best answers
yea, look weird to you after you notice how small they are, I mean, when playing on a custom map *cough cough satan's c0a0b cough* it's just wierd to entities that are really supposed to be half the normal HL model size bigger than the character in ESF. Other than the scaling down, the models are in-fcking-credible, if they're this good now, I can't wait to see what they will look like later on in the beta series, maybe the team could possibly convert the game to a CS: Condition-Zero Mod, (since HL 2 is supposevly going to be on consoles only) that way the graphics would be more up-to-date with the on-going gaming technology and would kick even more serious a$$.

Best answers
Sorry, my post was misleading. I should have said that what was my crouch button causes me to decend when in the air (and allows me to teleport directly below), but I can't actually squat on the ground. My bad. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gogeta that's not it. Get someone to play Cell, have them stand on a higher elevation than the ground you are standing on, look at the space between their feet & the ground, there is a gap. I've noticed the same thing with some DMZ models (Goten, Trunks Are Two Examples).

Best answers
that is the first thing i noticed when i played teh game is that i could tell that teh modle were resized to a smaller praportion.. but they do have very nice Q3 quality.

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If your trying to use crouch to fly down it won't work. "Swim down" is what you use to fly down now.

Also, if your playing on a custom map and the feet don't touch the ground it's because the map hasn't been scaled to 1/4 or .25 of normal size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom