a kinda dumb question

Best answers
ok i lied this is a really dumb question. Ive benn playing esf before the beta was released and some of the alpha, but I really suck( I think ). whenever i try to melee with someone, about 90% of the time they kill me! can anyone help me to not suck anymore? thanks

Best answers
Happens to me all the time. U can try to get ppl off gaurd or when they r powering up(pretty cheap):smile: Look for suggestions in other sections of the forums, i know i've seen 2 or 3 melee help/suggestion posts just a couple days ago.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee is mostly a combination of ping, reflexes, and mouse sensitivity.
Just practice at it a lot, and you'll get better at it slowly.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You go here: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?threadid=18949 You read that. *ponders where to send this* Not sure if this is really noob central material or help section material. Ah well, help it is. If they don't like it they can send it to the noob board :p

-Karrde-

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
should have sent it my way, karrde, I would have played with it or something in newb central. naw I'm just kidding...

anyways, when you left click to swoop, holding down the right mouse button will make you attack automagically once you get there. Don't attack anyone head on unless they have a much worse ping than you and a lower power level as well. Attacking from the sides and back is also a good way to hit them, though less honorable.

A good way to practice is to download some bots (check a stickie in Newbie Central for the links) and practice melee with them for a bit. You will get good at it eventually.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zilea. that was spam. You know better than that. I better not catch you doing it again.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ditto. Watch the spam Zilea. If you have a real question about the topic, rephrase it to something bigger than two words.

On topic though, even if this is a week old, Melee is changing in 1.1 . Head on collisions will be determined by ki and not ping now, so keep conservative. However, as you will learn with time, head on collisions are not all that melee is about. Try experimenting with teleport and see if you can start hitting people from the side. Remember: Always keep moving.

Edit- I think I'm going to go ahead and move this to the newbie section. The help forum is more for actual gameplay issues than playing power, or questions on how to improve your gameplay.

Best answers
this happens to me all the time because my ping is really crap. Im looking forward to the beta 1.1 when it wont happen as often i hope.... I usually try to teleport to the other side of the person, but this is hard bcause my ping is really bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom