My opinion on melee

If you want to change melee what would the change be??

• shorten the combat distance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • add more moves within the combat

• make it more fair for everyone to hit each other

• get a whole new melee idea

• keep it as is

• Total voters
Best answers
well i havent posted in a while but i did just recently downloaded the 1.1 and it seems fun except that the second in enter the game im getin nocked around like a pinyata so heres the deal

like most games there is a long distance fight and a short distance fight from the looks of things you cant do much if its all a long distance fight if i want to start firing big bombs i cant unless that person wants to and this flying across the map seems really cheep.

basicly what im trying to say is make the melee a more close combat its just way to cheep for anyone to use.

at least make it so when you get hit you dont go appearing at the other end of the map and also make it so you cant fly from one end of the map to the other in 1.5 seconds ya know.

thats all i can say about that cause you gota be experienced with the game in order to master the art of melee

its a great invention of combat but it defeats the purpose of using ki attacks period.

ever try the enter the matrix game well when you get close to the bad guy you start geting into a fighting mode now thats cool but when your far away you use guns. its the same thing just you turned a fighting mode(close combat) into a shoting weapon.

i say at least shorten the melee so you have to get close and when your hit you only get knoced so far or you just stop right away in the air when you hit jump.

also make a quick way of changing to the hand to hand combat since it is really difficult to fight somone when your changing to combat.

so in conclusion the melee system is alright just it defeats the whole perpose of ki attacks. you shined the spot light on melee and ignored ki attacks.

the only thing i ask of yas is change the melee a bit and see how the people think im sure your gona get lots more fans and what knot.

thanks please comment, good comments thank you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee is changing a lot in 1.2. I dunno if they have it all mapped out, but I'm sure at the very least they have a very good idea already. I don't wanna sound like an ass but I don't think they're going to implement your plan here; however I'm sure what they do will be good and answer whatever beefs you have with melee right now.

Best answers
I seem to be the only one who likes melee right now. I think it's quite good. The way head ons are right now, you can't just charge anyone and teleport away after hitting. You need some strategy and skill. I think it's a good way of balancing KI attacks and melee. The only annoying thing is double teaming happens a lot, because n00bs can't kill anyone 1v1 with melee, so they choose to hit people in the back. But that's not a problem with melee, it's a problem with people.

Best answers
nono, its mp_melee 1 , eheheh.

/thinks about how much he hates people who take melee off.

Best answers
I like melee the way it is, except it gets annoying when another person interrupts a 1v1, but it does mean double the fun for me if their on the other team :D and I frown upon anyone who turns it off, wait till I catch you on a public server :devgrin:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but alot of people take advantage of the "turtle" tactic in 1.1 which i think is stupid when your both on the other side of the map, cause one person is going to wait and charge, while the other has to teleport/swoop over to him. Although its aviodable, it still causes alot of people to get hit due to the other guy being "lame" as you may call it. Anyway, no point in sorting it out now, cause 1.2 is on its way

Best answers
new combat move could be very nice because, like it is, you only swoop and hit ur ennemy.

Best answers
i got a new idea now

its simple just make it so you can only do the melee at a LONG DISTANCE i mean really long distance

But when its close distance add in some speed fighting or hand to hand combat something we might not have full control over but is like the show where the 2 guys are just throughing punches left and right when no ones steped anywhere

if you like the new idea please comment or vote either shorten the combat or add moves.

also remove teleporting and make it automatic for close combat only and not as a defence. eg. when your doing a hand to hand combat you see lots of teleporting so it should be more of a teleport attack move then a defence.

post seperate comments for teleporting

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry but I don't think your idea is practical. The way that the team is doing it right now is the best way to go about it on a fps engine. I think the melee so far has been the best out of all the attempts in games ranging from Quake 3 to halflife itself. I haven't seen anything upcoming like this either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom