High PL characters

Best answers
A question as to why ESF has them at times. Everytime I play, I constantly hear complaints from one person or another about how someone is transformed, and how it is unfair that they fight each other like that. Usually this tends to be gohan or trunks, as they transform first.

Another common complaint I hear people throwing out is how beam attacks are lame. Doesn't matter which one, the strength, or for what reason, all some people want is melee, all some want is beams.

The one that they all seem to complain about though, is high PL beams. As soon as someone transforms and throws out a beam, there is a huge explosion, with multiple deaths.

Look at final flash or big bang attack for instance. Of course, anyone who uses these attacks is instantly called a n00b, because although each character has multiple ki weapons, and one melee weapon, they should only use melee weapons. I've no problem with that, although myself I am terrible at teleporting.

The common complaint though, and contradiction, is that people want these final transformations, as well as these extremely powerful attacks, but yet as soon as they get these attacks there will be many complaints about people spamming it, or even using it occasionally, the effect will still be multiple deaths, and there will be rants devoted to it most definitely.

Now, I don't think everyone should be the exact same character, that it should be all krillins/gokus. The question is why there are going to be more powerful attacks, when all they will bring about most likely is complaints and rants about their usage from the melee fans, as well as the newer players who will not know how to get around said beam/bomb/genocide attack.

As it seems now, people are asking for these extremely powerful attacks, and these transformations (ss3/4), when that could lead to beams blowing up the whole map on a regular basis and other ridiculously powerful attacks.

I did search for this topic as well, and did not find anything relating to it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's because the good players want to melee, the average ones want to beam, and when the good players get beamed in the ass it's like being shot in the foot.

Best answers
That's the thing though, if you include these sorts of attacks, people will use them, and there will be rants from either side about this subject.
As all the good players want to melee, why not get rid of beams all together, or not put in any more? Or simply nerf them a good deal.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Melee users still use beams. It's not so much about the beams as it is about other people beaming 2 people who are fighting each other. THAT is what pisses me off.

Best answers
When they get to higher transformations, as it goes now though, it will get extremely hard to hit only one person with a beam, especially as some of them go into clusters, or two on ones, and with a SSJ3 kamehameha, it won't be easy to hit one specific person, or with the genocide attack.

Which is why I'm asking more along the lines of why people are requesting these higher PL transformations and higher power attacks, ones which will most likely be spammed, or even when not spammed, will be complained about a good deal due to a large blast radius and the cheap-ness of beam's strength.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they put in 2-3 transes per char they will have to increase map sizes or scale down explosions.

Best answers
I say if you have the skill and tenatity to actually transform as a character like Vegeta or Krillin that has spammable map-nuking moves, I say go for it. The fact that you actually transformed in the face of all the Trunkses and Gohanses that whore the early trans, especially with 1.1's pl gain\loss system, has earned you the right to spam. It's kinda like vindication for all the times you got fried by a Gohan Kame, or out melee'd by a Trunks simply because an SSJ has more Ki. Whenever I trans(usually as Vegeta), I turbo up and fire off 5 minimum charge Big Bang Attacks, kinda like a celebration. I usually take out 4 or 5 people too :D

Getting nailed by a random beam sucks, but it's just a part of the game. It's kinda like getting pissed when you get double teamed; yeah it sucks, but there is nothing you can do about it. Plus, with really strong ki attacks it's hard to be precise with them. Lots of times I will be aiming at one or two people with a BBA and end up taking out thier whole team.

Best answers
Aren't they including a server side option to turn off beams in the same way you can turn off melee in the next release? I may just have misread it.

Personally, I think every beam should have a cool down time*. Generic beam would have a short cool down (say, 4 seconds) while the kamehameha and big bang would have something more like a 10 second cooldown. that way, you'd have to be a lot more careful about charging a beam, because if you miss/get hit while charging, you'll have to wait a while before you get another chance.

*For those who don't know, "cool down" is when it takes a while to recharge the ability; for example, like the hero spells in Warcraft III.

Best answers
They should just nerf all damage period making it much harder to kill someone. therefore if someone lets off a map destroying bba then it is no big deal as you will most likly survive, splash damage could also be nefed (although would the diskers not then own? cause those are the guys who realy piss me off)

Best answers
You know what the button called block could probably solve all of this (sarcasm) Yea it really could.

Best answers
True but it does not help when a bba is droped on someone behind u halfway across the map and u get fried, plus u cant block disks.

Best answers
Most of the really devastating attacks are only REALLY dangerous near their max :/ its easy to dogdge a 1/3-1/2 charged kame. I am not a great player but the way I use beams/ki attacks is to pick off some1 who is spamming, or to finish em off after a good smack in da face :)

The beams are damn near perfect, and dont whine about it in FFA, coz its exactly like FFA in cs! I've often tried to help a teamie and taken the other guy by surpise in FFA and then get tuned n00b or double teamed :/ Its part of the game in FFA, adapt or die!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are part of the game, it's like the A.W.P in counter-strike. People say it takes no skill to use, I beg to differ. I mean, if you stand still, you're bound to die. Move around, however, back on topic, people who just hide and shoot powerful beams into the middle of a map constantly, thats no skill.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Abe Froman
I say if you have the skill and tenatity to actually transform as a character like Vegeta or Krillin that has spammable map-nuking moves, I say go for it. The fact that you actually transformed in the face of all the Trunkses and Gohanses that whore the early trans, especially with 1.1's pl gain\loss system, has earned you the right to spam. It's kinda like vindication for all the times you got fried by a Gohan Kame, or out melee'd by a Trunks simply because an SSJ has more Ki. Whenever I trans(usually as Vegeta), I turbo up and fire off 5 minimum charge Big Bang Attacks, kinda like a celebration. I usually take out 4 or 5 people too :D

Getting nailed by a random beam sucks, but it's just a part of the game. It's kinda like getting pissed when you get double teamed; yeah it sucks, but there is nothing you can do about it. Plus, with really strong ki attacks it's hard to be precise with them. Lots of times I will be aiming at one or two people with a BBA and end up taking out thier whole team.
My sentiments EXACTLY. I play Vegeta and when I transform it's from BUSTING MY ASS and BUSTING THE ASS OF EVERYONE IN THE SERVER for a good HALF HOUR or MORE. I DESERVE the FInal Flash's strength.

The real spammage issue is the kame. Just too much of a payoff and not enough of a penalty.

This is why I piss and moan that there should be TWO kamehameha waves for the saiyans: one that is "normal" KHH and is about the power of the Gallit Gun, and one that you get after transforming that is the Super KHH and does the damage the current transformed one does, but at a much higher ki cost (with a better sound and sprite, of course. hehe).

Best answers
i like to fire a full charged final flash into the middle of two melee'ers so funny to watch them get pissed:D

Best answers
I dunno about that. Kamehameha isn't THAT over-powered...it takes much more KI and time to charge it than Gallit Gun or SBC, so I think that's a good enough disadvantage. What I would say is that Final Flash is not as good currently as Kame-wave, cuz it takes more KI and time but very little more damage as far as I've seen. I say make FF a tiny bit better, leave Kame the way it is...it has to beat Gallit Gun, cuz it takes more energy, but FF should destroy it.

Best answers
But didnt the gallit gun put up a pretty good fight agenst the kame in the show?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta would have won except Goku had Kaioken

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom