• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever the team wants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nevah!

I don't think this is a good idea, it would make ESF a more slow paced game. It says it might be changed, so let's assure that it does. I vote NO for charging to swoop.

Best answers
hmmm i'm not sure man... its seems pretty ok.. it'll bring a nice change to esf... but hey I think Option C... :]

Ascended Player Elite
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I agree.
I even think that u should be able to continue to swoop as long as the player has enough ki. ;D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
grOOvy: Ok, I'll just butt in my suggestion: Everything (phase 1+2) works perfectly for me except the damn charging for the melee swoop.
grOOvy: I hate having to wait and charge for the initial swoop.

He's a tester, so, he should know.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it's a terrible idea. Perhaps if there is an initial charge time of only a few seconds and then you take off.

And after that, as long as you hold it the further you will travel.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Example:

ET swoops at me, I teleport up and want to swoop down and hit him from above, I wont be able to, because it will take to long for me to charge the swoop and go for you. Because by then, you will have had enough time to move away easily. So really, it will not allow quick suprise attacks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have faith that whatever the team puts out will be satisfactory.

Best answers
I just got a quick question about the swoop.... the longer you charge will it be faster becuz if you keep charging it for a while it should make you faster becuz if there was a charge.. then what was it for? :]

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystix: I see your point. I assume the team will think of something. It seems like it is only this way until a better idea comes along.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, I think they should just swooping as it is. Charging the swoop will just make things slower. If not, then i'm thinking, just select swoop and hold w to swoop. Maybe by pressing shift, you will accelerate, but in exchange, you'll lose KI at a faster rate. That's what i'm thinking, have swoop a selectable thing. (Like beams) and have it be used like moving in directiong with arrows or "w,a,s,d".

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MyStiX said:
Ok, I think they should just swooping as it is. Charging the swoop will just make things slower. If not, then i'm thinking, just select swoop and hold w to swoop. Maybe by pressing shift, you will accelerate, but in exchange, you'll lose KI at a faster rate. That's what i'm thinking, have swoop a selectable thing. (Like beams) and have it be used like moving in directiong with arrows or "w,a,s,d".
We want the swoop to be slower, the beta 1.1 swoop is just too fast. remember, this melee system isnt based on swooping action...
But i will admit, i really do like that
Maybe by pressing shift, you will accelerate, but in exchange, you'll lose KI at a faster rate.....and have it be used like moving in directiong with arrows or "w,a,s,d"
Very nice idea, I'll have to bring it up with mastasurf later today :)

Best answers
that is a not bad idea... it would be nice if that were to happen but if that were to happen then we should be able to charge.. :]

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Hmm, if mystix's suggestion would be u=included in 1.2.. why not make it more rewarding if you charge for the swoop? Example, if you charge for the swoop, your first hit, or the other hits, do slightly more damage. Just a thought from the tardness of Magus o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well then you just have the opposite of HOWing. People will just go slowest swoop then like five feet in front of them slam on the accelerator.

Best answers
I would only condone charged swoops if like how Magus said that there was regular swoops and charged, "Beast Mode," swoops that did significantly more damage. Maybe having turbo on would initiate this.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Currently turbo in swoops seems to be pretty silly unless you need the extra damage or whatever. The idea that turbo makes you burn KI at twice the rate but go faster makes a lot of sense to me. I think the only added damage should be from the PL gain in turbo, but there should be a significant speed increase like 30% so you could in theory, catch someone who was running away from you or dodge a beam, etc etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dunno i think the charge swoop actualy works pritty well with the melee system

flows together pritty well with a charge swoop but a toggle one might be alright seems like that would be a bit cheaper than a charge system cause u could just fly around like crazy in swoop mode like a rabid beaver on crack

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shift = KI drain... it wouldn't make any sort of difference, "HOWing" would be less possible. Especially with the auto punching and combo, etc.

Best answers
Be it speed or damage, make it have some significant advantage. I guess speed would be better for damage balancing reasons. It'd be hard to predict how often people would or would not use turbo for added damage, so speed could work, if for anything, than for people like Gohan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom