yes another steam thread

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i downloaded steam but i dunno how it works and where i have to extract the things in i know i shoulda used the search button but i dont understand **** of it

Best answers
Ok you install Steam (shouldnt be too hard), just install it normally and have Half-Life in it.

You then have to open it and sign up for an account and log in. Extract the ESF folder into \Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life and you should be able to play then. I can explain anything else in more detail if needed

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ok here is what i did i installed steam in program files and i have halflife in C:\Program Files\Steam then i did all the esf files in C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\myemail\half-life so what did but when i try entering a server running on steam it says steam vfs failed to iniatilize or something and then that halflife is invalid and stuff so what am i doing wrong
*edit* strange thing is... i made the map named steam in program files so i got som maps one named steam other named steamapps(and bin,recourse,skin and config allong with som files) isnt steamapps supposed to be in steam ?? wtf is this
ok i finally got steam working (reinstalled 10 times) but now their isnt a map named myemail and i have registered for steam!

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
make sure esf is in steam/steamapps/myemail/halflife/. Then copy fmod.dll from your old sierra folder to the steamapps/myemil/halflife folder.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ok the problem now is when i tried to make a account for steam it wouldnt create... so i canceled and now i dont have in steammaps /myemail/halflife folders... wtf is this another thing there is something called unwise.exe in steam that is screwing up my pc ...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
this steam SUCKS its screwed up my whole computer...
ok i solved my problem computer works again got steam and esf on it :D
can a mod close this :devgrin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom