Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There should be

• There should be a longer swoop time

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that there shouldn't be a time limit for the swoop. It's not like the char's in dbz said like: "Oh no I can't swoop long enough to get him!". Besides it's kinda stupid.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yes, I agree to this, but I think the reason they have the limit on how far you can swoop, is to prevent spamming the swoop. Think about it, if you could swoop indefinitely, people would be constantly doing swoop around the map.

So instead of removing the limit, I say make the limit longer, instead of the usual 3-5 seconds, maybe around 6-10 seconds, and maybe reduce the amount of KI used for swooping.

Best answers
Indd, they only need to reduce the amount of KI needed to swoop.. that way i wouldn't mind the limit, because any player the slightest bit skilled can keep swooping untill his energy runs out, by double tapping into a diff direction while already swooping...

Only problem now is that if you move a bit during your fight, by the time you reach each other you already have to charge a bit to have enough energy to make any sort of serious attack... :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is really pointless as you can really already swoop without stopping just by switching directions quickly. And if you really need to swoop that long in a fight in a single direction, you need to work on your melee skills.

Best answers
yah u r r8 the swoop shuldnt be limited and the kidrain will be the only limit
since swoop does take alot of ki it dosent matter and let us swoop!!!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah well it surprises me that you complain about this but you don't complain about the melee system. The only true skill in 1.2 is beamspam. Don't get the wrong idea though, I don't like the beamspam. It's the melee system that I find pointless.

Anyways, what does this has to do with skill? And this is On-topic since it's about the suggestion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On topic then

Orbit you get my complete backing on this, more than once have I been swooping at someone to initiate adv melee (big fan) and stop short by about 4 feet only to see them swoop at me for a freakin second and get the melee.

True, you can swoop infinitley by changing direction mid-swoop but then you zig-zag everywhere when you just want to go in a straight line.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And you never see that in the show...

Best answers
i aswell am cut short by my swoops..although i dont think they should be unlimited..just extended a bit..

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
chain swooping is an easy way to not run outta pace, but i still think swoop whould be a little longer

Best answers
Yup swoop should be longer..anyway did you guy's ever noticed that swooping sometime fails? you press > > and your swoop only blinks :( anyway i hope it's only me and not a bug..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You should hope that its a bug so it can be fixed...

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Optimus Primal said:
Yup swoop should be longer..anyway did you guy's ever noticed that swooping sometime fails? you press > > and your swoop only blinks :( anyway i hope it's only me and not a bug..
That's not a bug. Let me explain:
When your moving in a direction, and you wanna swoop in teh same direction as your moving, Half-Life will think that the key your holding is the key your about to tap, so when you double-tap, the first tap is actually the second tap, so when you do your actual second tap, Half-Life interprets it as a third tap, so it cancels the swoop out.

On-Topic: Chain Swooping is one of my favorite things to do. :D But even when I'm chain swooping sometimes I get cut short, because of hardware lag, or just network lag, so I have to restart to whole chain up again, which is a royal pain for me. Plus, the ki drain needs to be reduced, not a whole lot, but enough to where you can swoop alittle longer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So Everyone agrees it should be longer?

Best answers
I would be happy if they just made a very small change to the swooping system. When you are doing a chain swoop, you lose ki at a very slow rate while swooping(as opposed to charging a beam or teleporting). The major ki loss comes from changing directions. Everytime you change directions, you lose a small bit of ki, then the regular ki drain resumes. If this was removed, it would solve the problem of too short of swoops because you could swoop forever and it wouldn't drain you ki nearly as fast as it does. I am a big fan of changing directions very quicklywhen im swooping and it eats my ki up like no other.

Best answers
Ki lose is FINE at the moment. The only time it is a burden is before you Transform. And think about it, before they transformed, they didn't fly around in huge circles and such. In fact, just plain old flying was pretty special for a while.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Bihal said:
Ki lose is FINE at the moment. The only time it is a burden is before you Transform. And think about it, before they transformed, they didn't fly around in huge circles and such. In fact, just plain old flying was pretty special for a while.
I couldn't agree more. In your un-transformed state, Ki drain is quite hectic, but once you're in your transformed state, you can swoop for quite awhile.
konstantine77 said:
I would be happy if they just made a very small change to the swooping system. When you are doing a chain swoop, you lose ki at a very slow rate while swooping(as opposed to charging a beam or teleporting). The major ki loss comes from changing directions. Everytime you change directions, you lose a small bit of ki, then the regular ki drain resumes. If this was removed, it would solve the problem of too short of swoops because you could swoop forever and it wouldn't drain you ki nearly as fast as it does. I am a big fan of changing directions very quicklywhen im swooping and it eats my ki up like no other.
Well, think about it, you can't really control yourself in the air, so what do you do, you use a small portion of your Ki to boost yourself in another direction, so in logics, that's actually needed in there.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The key word is small, killa.
Maybe the KI drain should be slower when you swoop to the sides so link swoop will cost less.

Best answers
I've been away for sometime..well thanks for explaning me Krazy-Killa.

Anyway...i hate that there are abusers...otherwise esf could implent alot more cool things...
and i think esf should creat a normal paced game :D where battles could take longer...more KI more PL..more attacks...not in a bad way...esf is still great but it would be nice if in future that this get's implented..that way alot more suggestion could get in game..

On Topic: I think esf has made a little mistake...i am sure that when at normal state energy should take less ki and the more at full power the more it drains..

there where nice things in BFP like flying for example...swooping could be done anytime...just flying with no boost cost at transformed state no ki ( seems very nice )

i hope that the team takes a little break when making homework and play BFP for 10 minutes..:) i am sure the team gets briljant idea's then..making esf more exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom