Buu seriously needs to be toned down.

Best answers
Most of the arguments in this post are based off my philosophy that at base level, all characters should be beatable in a one on one engagement. My intention isnt to make Buu a pile of crap, just make it so that all characters have an equal shot of taking him down.

Buu is the one character that does not fit in this picture of balance. It is EXTREMELY annoying to be whored on by a Buu user who because of his massive Ki advantage, can throw me without worry that i could counter. I have on several occasions been beaten by a simple combination of throwing and candy beaming. Not only that, but if Buu is injured he just runs off and uses regeneration until he's back at full health. Meanwhile all other characters are screwed because Buu is the only one that can regenerate. This is such a huge advantage that It's not even funny.

Buu starts out at a high power level, and add to that the fact that he can absorb people for even more power, it's extremely hard to stop a Buu user, especially a good one. The way things are now, a player's only real chance of taking down Buu is to team up with somebody or survive until transformation and pray that Buu hasn't gotten much stronger; Neither of which are viable options if true balance is to be reached.

So there are a few ways that this massive advantage can be leveled out:

- Remove Buu's regeneration, it makes it too easy for Buu to survive battles.
- Decrease the damage on the candy beam so that it is really limited to be a finishing move.
- Decrease Buu's starting PL, it's too high for any other player to contest him, maybe around 1,000,000.

(pardon the typos, i lost my glasses :( )

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, i agree with you on all things, except the regeneration.

They could ofcourse slowdown the regeneration, but removing it, would be the same as putting in a goku with no hair.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He has no ki advantage first off, he has a power level or pl advantage.

Buu is overpowered right now, sure, but there are only a handful of people who use him regularly. The better players only use him once every so many maps because they know he's up there in power. It'll balance out in 1.3 with additional transformations.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't wait for 1.3, finnally buu wil be kicked by my, as majin vegeta!

Best answers
jp said:
I can't wait for 1.3, finnally buu wil be kicked by my, as majin vegeta!
*Soils pants waiting for ssj2 gohan*

Anyway, he is majorly overpowered, and a lot of his moves are easily whored.

Best answers
You just need to develop strategy, especially if it's 1 on 1.
Assuming 1 on 1, here's what Buu could do.
Melee
Generic Ki Beam/Blasts
Mouth Beam
Candy Attack

If you can't dodge or avoid a melee attack, the fact that it's Buu won't change anything. Stay back and beam or blast them if they're Meleeing or Candy Attacking.
If they're using Beams, dodge or PS the beams.
His PL is balanced if you take into account the fact that he's only got 1 powerful distance attack, and 1 close attack (Candy Attack) that others don't get.

Best answers
Let's not forget that buu's regeneration means he can't use sensu beans!
If anything i would say he has a small disadvantage and there's no need to tone down regeneration. It's a fair technique really since buu needs to hide to regen, you can keep on the attack and stop him everytime.

He does have a big advantage overall though..

Highest health in both forms: (Buu 160 - Evil Buu 180)
Second best final speed: (320) which is 40 more speed than Goku,Vegeta,Gohan and 70 more than Trunks + Piccolo!
Biggest starting Pl: (1,250,000)

What im hoping to see in 1.3, is buu's speed be nearer or only slightly higher than the Saiyan's speed (except Kid Buu) with transformations taking him the longest time.

Best answers
the regeneration is pretty long , and if your really mad at him , u wont give him time to regenerate , Buu is overpowered indeed , but in 1.3 , they will balance it out , besides that with the extra trans's the other char's will get extra health/speed/attacks , so u shouldnt worry , just sit tight and wait for 1.3 , tough he is not all overpowered his PL multiplier is 1.5 not 2 , if it was 2 he would be unbeatable

Best answers
Buu is alright right now. He isn't really overpowered. He IS supposed to be overpowered as the monster powerful villian in DBZ. I can't wait till he gets evil buu with more overpowered skills.

Best answers
buu isnt too overpowered..nothing special really...if anything Goku needs to be toned down...ALOT

Best answers
I'm happy with him. As sonic said. I'd imagine the saiyans would hold an advantage in the latter game with more transformations, then prolly kid buu in the latest stage (unless ur secksi ssj3)

Best answers
Shuyin said:
Let's not forget that buu's regeneration means he can't use sensu beans!
Ya know, that might mean something if sensu beans were ACTUALLY IN THE GAME.
:rolleyes:

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He's got a point in that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A while ago I posted a thread asking whether ESF was supposed to be true to the show or balanced and the answer was balanced, yet Buu still kicks huge amounts of ass compared to everyone else, why?

His regen could be replaced with an automatic, slow one that constantly regenerates him at 1hp every 5 seconds or something so people won't convert their KI into HP by charge-regen-charge-regen etc

Also he shouldn't be so fast, it's freakeh and if he's built like a tank I don't see why he should be able to move like a jet too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i believe the team willl balance it all out in 1.3 with other transformations.. so even though he is the strongest at first form (he was in the show anyway), all the other transformations for everyone will balance it out.. just because the ppl get beat up by a buu character they start cryin.. ahah seirously thoe.. i mean if you were better than the person, you should be able to beat them with whatever character you have.. more on skill.. i like ravendust idea of the slow regen

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont see why Buu should be overpowerd i had a bot 5 on 5 match shure the first 5 min Buu was dominant but then Picolo started kicking ass like nothing else por Buu ended in 3 place after Picolo and Goku 4 Vegeta krilin, Trunks and gohan were more equal sadly the random left out Frieza and Cell

still the fact is all the bnots had the same skill and picolo totaly dominated the gameso i think Buu should stay as he is

P.S. my role was the spectator i wached for 15 min and then went to met up whit some friends and the game lasted 5 hours before i came back

Best answers
The game is true to the show. But balanced out. It's more true than it is balanced. It's balancing the show.

Thus the reason why trunks has an "advantage" in melee.... Thus why goku can "teleport-kame" , thus the reason why "krillin and frieza have insta-gibs" ... and thus the reason why buu starts off witha larger PL.

it's really nothing to complaina bout... wait until 1.3, buu is meant to control the early game... he wont have that kinda advantage later. (and did we forget the PL transformation multiplier?)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Buu needs to be weaker. He has more pl then everyone, goes faster then everyone in his first form and is the second fastest in his second form. Plus, with his candy attack, you gain pl much faster then the other characters.. Eh whatever though. (btw, why do poeple say trunks is a melee character... He's horrible in melee, he goes too damn slow.)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
because his sword gibs when the enemy is under 20 HP and he hits srtong down besides evry1 is as good in melee as the player controling them trunks just has the sword advantage

Best answers
Yeah but gib at 20 makes no difference if you can't hit your opponent.

(which is why i don't consider trunks a good melee character... i just say what the people say -_-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom