countering simple melee

Best answers
can anyone give some tips on how to counter GOOD simple melee users, i can usually survive for a little bit against them, and maybe even get off an attack or two, but once i run out of energy, or stop to recharge energy its basically over from that point. My main defense is chain swooping, it seems to eat up less ki then teleport and is easier for me to control.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Teleport. Beam jump. Beam jump with turbo. Block. fight back. Head on. Adv. melee. Swoop out of the way. Use your imagination there are a lot of ways. if you run out of ki, charge enough for a beam, beam jump out of the way, if you can use turbo use turbo to move faster. Then charge from a distance.

Best answers
well i mainly do the teleport/swoop out of the way and the beam jump, but when i try to fight back i get owned quick, any tips there, or just practice more?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes you need to practice and it develops quick if you try to learn any of the basic skills of basic melee and even the advanced skills of it id suggest practicing on a level 4 bot then moving up as you get better thisll help you be able to follow your opponents movement and help develop your reaction time and to predict movement

Best answers
Notice what good players do and try to implement what they do into your style. Worked for me ;)
Whenever someone is owning you, try to "learn" some of the techniques.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll try to help I suppose. ESF is all about outmaneuvering the opponent and getting him by surprise. That's where you going to get all of your hits from. Just keep your ki up, teleport when you don't know where your opponent is (he doesn't have to be on screen, you can keep track of him by radar), don't swoop head on agaisnt someone, keep moving, when you stop moving your generally going to get hit, try to hit people from the back/side (simple example: Player A swoops head on at player B. Player B teleports up, swoops down, hits player A), if you see someone blocking, either use advanced melee on them or swoop around them about twice and then hit them, and I really don't feel like typing out any more tips.

Some little tips about keeping your ki up, charge up after almost every teleport to make up for the ki the teleport cost. If you need to charge up your ki badly, don't do it when your opponent is near you. If you think the guy is to close, get out of fly mode and fall to the ground, then charge up when you become far enough away. If your on the ground, you can teleport once then hold charge up ki the second after the teleport is done. If you did it correctly, you should fall back to the ground while charging. It's a glitch, but screw it. It's been in esf since beta 1.0 and the esf team hasn't fixed it. And one more tip I'll give, when your swooping, glide. What that means is swoop for about 1 second, get out of fly mode and you should be free falling to the ground at almost the same rate you were swooping. Thats one of the most important skills you need to have.

Best answers
Practise, you'll eventually find something that generally works for most situations you'll get yourself into ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok.. I am one of those "good" basic melee people, so I know what you need to do.. Angle-hit is the most used attack of skilled players, and if you are going to counter it, you must manage to turn his direction when he's about to hit you. The pro ones only have one weakness, and that's head ons, so make sure u got some ki, turn to your enemy and swoosh in time and he's a goner.

Best answers
Watch there attacks, they mostly repeat the same stuff. Keep it in mind and you'll be able to dodge it after a while. That worked for me a long time ago.

Best answers
well i'm doing a bit better now, thanks for all the tips everyone, i'm still not winning may of my fights against some of the uber players out there, but i'm actually able to hit back a bit now hopefully my skills will continue to go up.

Best answers
If you click before you get to him it will do a quick melee But i say the best why to learn how to do basic melees is to learn by your self it is better that way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He wanted tips on how to counter it.. And one thing you need to know, the good players never repeat the exact same thing more than 2 times before they change their fighting style.. And that just adds to owning you. Never assume they will stick with one pattern, because they won't if they find out you analyze.

Best answers
So he wantes tips for counter sorry about that i just wanted to say it better to learn buy your self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom