Vegeta W.I.P.

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It looks ok, despite the specularity of boots. The only thing i see out of quality are thumbs. They look a bit too sharp imo :D
Keep the good work up, and you'll get to a pretty decent, if not really good, model.

Best answers
ok so for now, its Zbrush learning time XD
cya guys when i have learned something useful in Zbrush, it might take some time, but that doesnt mean that i am not working on the model :p

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice progress :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Try to grab some Gnomon or eat3D tutorials to help your cause. I found it best for learning Zbrush.

Those are free in some areas of the Internet :)

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Gnomon is more for advanced users who are familiar with the tools and know one's functionalities, but Digital Tutors are much more advanced in introduction type tutorials. At least that was like that when I was watching them (it was like 5 years ago). Although there are many great resources and on YouTube, however the quality (information wise) may differ due to experience level of tutorial author.

Best answers
ok, i lied, i didnt learn any thing useful in zbrush but i still came back XD
so i came back because i have a textured uvw map for the android model, http://puu.sh/6TCtm.jpg
this is not the finished uvmap, the fineshed one wont look like this at all, i will still improve the model, (without makeing new polygon, because i already have 6.5 k XD)

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Would be cool if you could make a screenshot of wireframed UVw map. Also if you want, screen some model renderings

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Well, these UV's will rip you apart. Honestly. Redo, else you won't be able to texture it properly.

Best answers
yeah, i know, i will show you the final uvmap, and then you can tell me if its good or not :p

Best answers
Need to check the wireframes. Besides most of the artists these days start their models within sculpting editor, and then retopologize it there. I highly recommend you to start with ZBrush or Mudbox, since you have a good eye for details and you see the shapes really well. You could have done the same android like in the reference in same time as in the 3d editor.

And I have made hundreds models which never seen any project and more then few hundred for projects but none projects were successful. Experience is everything, sir. Keep that in head. If you can retain that and motivate yourself from that then you are a true artist. But I like the progress, keep it up. Just show wireframes next time. Much easier to see the flaws and everything
Ramunas, do you mean that i make it by a scrath in zbrush, but that way, it will have WAY to many polygons

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Zeroc Corez said:
Ramunas, do you mean that i make it by a scrath in zbrush
Totally. That is the most common approach these days.

Zeroc Corez said:
, but that way, it will have WAY to many polygons
High poly count helps to get good normal maps with all RGB channels properly and easier and you can retopologize your sculpt later on in order to make it low poly. Wheter it is all done within Zbrush (which has it's new feature 'zremesher') http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVoFi2mnyhA you can have a look at it right here; or you can retopologize it by hand; or you can do the old way by exporting your high poly and retopologizing within 3D editor. When I was doing Buu's stomach, I retopologized by hand within 20 minutes. And from 1,5million polies it became around 5000. But anyway. It's your call.

All artists these days use ZBrush for everything. It's purpose is not to get only high poly characters with unreasonable amounts of polygons. It's very flexible as you can do many withings and gain the detail you want easier. You can retopologize; you can uv map; you can pose/rig character; you can sculpt and so forth.

Although, this is everyone's different preference of the workflow. Some people are more comfortable with traditional/old-fashioned approaches of making basic 3D mesh within 3D editor and moving to ZBrush or doing everything within 3D editor. It's up to you of course, but these ways are the hard ways (well, it's actually not so hard, but time consuming).

Again, I highly recommend you to learn more about the Zbrush.

Last edited:
Best answers
ok, I will defenately learn how to use zbrush, infact, i have already began learning, thanx for your answer :p

--- edit ---

BLOODYHELL
that zremesher is AMAZING, OMG I DONT BELIVE IT, EVEN WHEN THE MODEL IS DECIMATED IT WILL MAKE PERFECT TOPOLOGY :cry: tears of joy

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Zeroc Corez said:
BLOODYHELL
that zremesher is AMAZING, OMG I DONT BELIVE IT, EVEN WHEN THE MODEL IS DECIMATED IT WILL MAKE PERFECT TOPOLOGY :cry: tears of joy
And there is much more. Learn more about thing called as zspheres; brushes; symmetry manipulation; layering system; hiding/unhiding areas and so forth. But I highly recommend to get more knowledge about zspheres as it's super amazing. YOu can make a character mesh within couple of minutes; it will be just about detailing and sculpting. Then I guess we will be able to continue our previous discussion about 'how zbrush ruins the models', heh ;).hae

-- edit
I haven't heard thanks for pointer to zremesher :p

Last edited:
I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ok, I will defenately learn how to use zbrush, infact, i have already began learning, thanx for your answer :p

--- edit ---

BLOODYHELL
Glad you actually took a look at zbrush.

Best answers
And there is much more. Learn more about thing called as zspheres; brushes; symmetry manipulation; layering system; hiding/unhiding areas and so forth. But I highly recommend to get more knowledge about zspheres as it's super amazing. YOu can make a character mesh within couple of minutes; it will be just about detailing and sculpting. Then I guess we will be able to continue our previous discussion about 'how zbrush ruins the models', heh .hae

-- edit
I haven't heard thanks for pointer to zremesher
hahahaha, dude, i dont know if i should say thanx or not, first of all. I already know what zspheres are and i have made a basemesh with them, but it sucked, and i know the symmetry options. i know how to mask and hide stuff, the really hard thing is to sculpt the details, every attempt on sculpting some mucels fails. and when i see peoples amazingly preciese work i really get depressed, that is why i cant decide if i should say thanx or not. i know that i shoudl just train more and i will get better att this, but i cant wait five years to get as good as all the other artis, i dont have that kind of patience

--- edit ---

Glad you actually took a look at zbrush.
i am not sure how i feel about that :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey Zeroc Corez there is new progression ?? can you show new photos right now ?? btw good job and nice model and on what program are you used to built this model ? 3ds max ??

Best answers
Hey Zeroc Corez there is new progression ?? can you show new photos right now ?? btw good job and nice model and on what program are you used to built this model ? 3ds max ??
sorry oraff, i dont havent worked on the model since the last time, i have tried to learn how to use zbrush, that is way i couldnt make any good enough progress that would be worth taking a pic of it. I made this model with blender :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom