Your team need the guy thats making db unreal

Best answers
I dont know if esf final is being made by scrap but...

This guy already gained 30k subscribers in 1 week alone and releasing a demo for every massive amount of bug fixxes and addons etc... he alone is making the game by scrap but he did have a bit help but only with character modeling he said the game could potentially be done in 16-17 months.

Esf final looks good enough already but its been what 7+ years i believe and you need another 17 more to add 1 more character.

Is this game even real to say the truth over 30 solo people made games in less then 2 years and already fully published even if you had 5 people making this game that should had been at least 5 times the speeding progress.

He don't have as many characters that ive seen in esf final images but damn bro ive seen a list of how many was working on this unless that was a fake list, you people even should have more people then the people working on No man's sky that was 3 years in the making.

If you want to play db unreal search on youtube.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Hes using already-made models and is making the game mostly through blue-prints.
He wouldnt be able to help in the slightest when it comes to ESF since models are made by the team and the goldsrc engine is way, wayy harder to programm.

Last edited:
Best answers
Interesting maybe thats why his progress is so fast. I just finished downloading unreal engine 4 and 3ds max but never looked at it.

ESF Old Timer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I dont know if esf final is being made by scrap but...

This guy already gained 30k subscribers in 1 week alone and releasing a demo for every massive amount of bug fixxes and addons etc... he alone is making the game by scrap but he did have a bit help but only with character modeling he said the game could potentially be done in 16-17 months.

Esf final looks good enough already but its been what 7+ years i believe and you need another 17 more to add 1 more character.

Is this game even real to say the truth over 30 solo people made games in less then 2 years and already fully published even if you had 5 people making this game that should had been at least 5 times the speeding progress.

He don't have as many characters that ive seen in esf final images but damn bro ive seen a list of how many was working on this unless that was a fake list, you people even should have more people then the people working on No man's sky that was 3 years in the making.

If you want to play db unreal search on youtube.
I find this a nice story.
But its good it was only a story in reality it will be diffrent.
Up for the next.

Legacy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Discord Member
Best answers
ESF team is not so bold as he is. They don't require for donations.

And the policy of usage of models from commercial existing projects was ever since a big no no. You can use already existing material for learning purposes. Open source- sure, as it says OPEN. But everyone wants to stay creative and produce their own stuff.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
haha thats so true, we need to work on our PR and demo releases. But thats whats so great about starting a new project, you can do whatever you want and just fill in the gaps as you go.
But with ESF, the systems implemented are very elaborate and complex, the characters have a bunch of depth to them and the gameplay is much more different than that of Dragonball Unreal.

Though he has released a bunch of demos, the core content is very simplified and basic. While he has flying, swooping, beam charging / shooting, explosions, and melee system. ESF has been around a lot more and requires a lot more content to fill and to polish.

Im assuming DBU has a max of 50 animations or so, whilst ESF has over 650 for ONE character model. We have 5 different combat systems
- Simple Melee
- Combo Melee
- Throw
- Grab n Smash
- 3 levels of Bonus attacks

various levels of offense AND defense to help balance out gameplay, the work that goes into ESF is a lot more different than that of Dragonball Unreal.

His project has a lot of potential to be something great, but to compare ESF against DBU, the only real thing that is comparable is the public releases. Gameplay, Game Design, Content quantity and overall workload is on a much farther scale than it appears ^_^

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I think people are undervaluing the amount of work put into ESF.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Dragon ball Unreal GAMEPLAY:[video=youtube;np_2_Ke5pcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np_2_Ke5pcQ[/video]

Best answers
oh god not another one, please no more people, lock this forum pleasssseee :/

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Are you putting people up to this emudshit?

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you putting people up to this emudshit?
About as much as we were putting people up to storming the warcraft dragonball mod. You can not control the masses, you can only try to limit the damage they do.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Poor ESF team must be taking quite a toll after this DBU release, sucks to be compared so constantly XD

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Poor ESF team must be taking quite a toll after this DBU release, sucks to be compared so constantly XD
Nothing new. People have been throwing rocks for years now. Xenoverse, Zeq2-lite and so on and on and on. So really nothing new.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The comparisons even spanned back to when DMZ was still in production. ESF has always been compared to other games and mods, whether they're good comparisons or bad comparisons. Admittedly it can get annoying to read at times but as Grega said it really isn't anything new.

Best answers
was that even a serious question? no I am not putting people up to this people are doing it themselves I have had even other youtubers message me saying they have been getting hate from some of the fans from my own youtube channel it is quite annoying, Don't worry its not just here, its all over the zeq2 forums also, sorry guys but I keep telling them not to with no avail.

Last edited:
Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The comparisons even spanned back to when DMZ was still in production. ESF has always been compared to other games and mods, whether they're good comparisons or bad comparisons. Admittedly it can get annoying to read at times but as Grega said it really isn't anything new.
I was just about to mention Dragonmod Z. Lets have a look at what became of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnQ-45I_AfQ

Crude as it looked, DMZ was a a big competitor back then.
Mainly because it offered SSJ transformations because at the time, ESF alpha did not have SSJ.

Many other DBZ mod teams have come and gone. Gohan's Hidden Power, Elemental Fusion, Bid for Power, Savior of Strength.
Competition isn't a bad thing, it often makes each mod team want to push harder to impress.

But there's no need to belittle one project over another.
I think Emudshit's project is quite impressive for a one man show.
You can tell he borrowed many assets and put them all together.

The ESF development team has created all of their assets from scratch.
Each model, map, particles, sounds, weather effects, animations have all been painstakingly created by hand.
It's a very time consuming process and we have to deal with many bugs along the way.
It is not an easy task to create such a game on an old graphics engine with limited capability.
A lot of custom coding has been added to push the Halflife engine far beyond its original form.
The ESF team has transformed it into something none of us could have possibly imagined.

I know you guys are dying for a release, but believe me when I say we are working on it each week.
Just sit tight and enjoy the ride. It will most definitely be worth it.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I was just about to mention Dragonmod Z. Lets have a look at what became of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnQ-45I_AfQ

Crude as it looked, DMZ was a a big competitor back then.
Mainly because it offered SSJ transformations because at the time, ESF alpha did not have SSJ.

Many other DBZ mod teams have come and gone. Gohan's Hidden Power, Elemental Fusion, Bid for Power, Savior of Strength.
Competition isn't a bad thing, it often makes each mod team want to push harder to impress.

But there's no need to belittle one project over another.
I think Emudshit's project is quite impressive for a one man show.
You can tell he borrowed many assets and put them all together.

The ESF development team has created all of their assets from scratch.
Each model, map, particles, sounds, weather effects, animations have all been painstakingly created by hand.
It's a very time consuming process and we have to deal with many bugs along the way.
It is not an easy task to create such a game on an old graphics engine with limited capability.
A lot of custom coding has been added to push the Halflife engine far beyond its original form.
The ESF team has transformed it into something none of us could have possibly imagined.

I know you guys are dying for a release, but believe me when I say we are working on it each week.
Just sit tight and enjoy the ride. It will most definitely be worth it.
I don't think anyone doubts that there is some progress... But as someone who has been watching/playing this mod since he was a teenager and is now in their 30's... Well. It's difficult to get a good estimation of the progress.

With that said, I only come and check the ESF website/forum once every 6-12 months... And there is usually never anything new, not even on the front page, that gives the impression that the Mod has stalled to some people, which may not really be the case.

With that said... ESF has typically always been "higher quality" in my eyes compared to it's other competitors.
People of course do get impatient, that's people, that's life, but it would be nice to have the mod released before I am in my 40's. :p

And the question begs, why is it taking so long? Is there new ideas constantly being implemented which takes more development time? (Aka. Feature creep) Or is hitting various design milestones really that lengthy? The other flipside is, with such a long development time, people are likely to set stupidly high expectations that possibly might not even be achievable.

Best answers
so you are part of the team ay, well then I expect a inbox with the download link...lol also besides the ssj4 and frozencove map the rest of the assests are done be me, animaitons, rigs, maps, meshes, post processing menus everything

Red Saiyan Mod
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
so you are part of the team ay, well then I expect a inbox with the download link...lol also besides the ssj4 and frozencove map the rest of the assests are done be me, animaitons, rigs, maps, meshes, post processing menus everything
heheh, I'm just a beta tester really, and I bug Ryokeen all the time. I stand corrected on your creation of your assets.
I didn't realize the scope of your abilities. We're so used to seeing people who borrow other peoples work (without asking).
It's unfortunate that I do not own a copy of U4 to test your mod. It's lookin pretty nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom