Your Super Power

What would be your super power?

• Total voters
Best answers
I choose being able to control time as then i could change history as i see fit, wether future or past. I could fix the world and make myself rich at the same time. Plus i could bring back tech from the future to use/help the present become further advanced. Of course the problem with time traveling are paradoxes.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So if you ware a theif you'd just steal guitars? lol
But even if you're masked you're bound to slip up one time and do something cuz of revenge to someone.

And I'm not quite shure what you understanded by controling them, I control them but I'm not them. If I say to someone, get me this or that he does it, I don't have to tell him when to cross the street or when to ear or not too. Why would you think I'd want to do that?
What I'm saying is that controlling people has its down side as well, and that it's not easy at all. Like being a marshal/sergeant, a lot of people are under your control, but you also have to guide them and be their leader. And that's not easy.

If I could truly teleport, I'd take whatever I please. Not just guitars. And as I explained, there are thousands of uses of teleportation.

And this is how I invisioned it. I put on my disguise, teleport to a country like Germany, Spain, France, the US, Great Britain, take stuff there, and come back home. This has multiple benefits, one of them being that I'd never get caught (who'd search for me in a third-world country like Serbia?) and that, since those countries are pretty advanced, I'd get high-quality stuff as well.

But thievery is just one of the many uses of teleportation.

@Zeo: While super intelligence =/= omniscience, super intelligence =/= omnipotence as well. While you can figure out anything in your mind, it's sometimes impossible to make everything your superior mind invisions a reality. Apart from your mind, you're still an ordinary human with no extraordinary abilities. Take for example, that teleporting device you mentioned. Okay, you figured out how to make it, but simply don't have the means to do so, don't have all the parts, for example. You can't 'create' parts with your mind or anything, so you can't really say there'd be no limit to what you could accomplish.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Time control. It gives you virtually infinite power. The ability to travel a million years in the future would be amazing, as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being able to read the minds of other people. I'd never fail another test again.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I'm saying is that controlling people has its down side as well, and that it's not easy at all. Like being a marshal/sergeant, a lot of people are under your control, but you also have to guide them and be their leader. And that's not easy.

If I could truly teleport, I'd take whatever I please. Not just guitars. And as I explained, there are thousands of uses of teleportation.

And this is how I invisioned it. I put on my disguise, teleport to a country like Germany, Spain, France, the US, Great Britain, take stuff there, and come back home. This has multiple benefits, one of them being that I'd never get caught (who'd search for me in a third-world country like Serbia?) and that, since those countries are pretty advanced, I'd get high-quality stuff as well.

But thievery is just one of the many uses of teleportation.

@Zeo: While super intelligence =/= omniscience, super intelligence =/= omnipotence as well. While you can figure out anything in your mind, it's sometimes impossible to make everything your superior mind invisions a reality. Apart from your mind, you're still an ordinary human with no extraordinary abilities. Take for example, that teleporting device you mentioned. Okay, you figured out how to make it, but simply don't have the means to do so, don't have all the parts, for example. You can't 'create' parts with your mind or anything, so you can't really say there'd be no limit to what you could accomplish.

Marshals/Sergeants aren't controlling people who don't have free will. Lionheart's power would force people to do his bidding, and they'd accomplish their goal by any means necessary. If I tell someone to go fight a bear, they'd find a bear and fight it. I wouldn't have to micromanage them.

If you have teleportation, you have to assume there are other people with powers out there. Teleportation wouldn't allow you to escape the power of a telepath, for example, nor Lionheart's ability to control people.

That isn't true. How do you think things like the car, or rockets, or the LHC come to be? Something is envisioned, and that person, either over time or relatively quickly makes that device a reality. With a super intellect, I'd be able to mostly do that by myself, and with unlimited funding (I'm gaming the stock market, after all), I'd be able to hire the best and brightest to do work for me. There'd be absolutely no limit to what I could accomplish if I were to focus. Now, if I were to focus on enhancing my regenerative abilities, allowing me to cease aging, I'd have all the time in the world, all the money in the world, and the greatest mind in the Universe.

And you'd be stealing things.

Of course, I'd hire quite a few telepaths to keep my base secure, so if you were to, oh let's say, try to steal a device, they'd shut your mind down, and you'd be under my control through them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom