• ESF 1.2/1.2.X

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • ESF 1.3 Open Beta

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF Alpha 2.0, i remember when a friend tell me that one game about dragon ball.now i am ,tell new about esf to him.xDgreat times:cool::smile:

Back from the shadows
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers

i remember transforming into a super saiyan was like the best thing that ever happened to me... i was hooked on it for a while but then lost a bit of interest when the beta came along.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I started playing Alpha 2.0. Great game back then. The shortly after, 1.0 was released, I played it like 3 hours a day. 1.1 came and I also played it like 3 hours a day, 1.2 came and I played it like 3 hours a month and then 1.3 beta came and I played it like 3 hours a year. Stopped playing now, and might start again when 1.3 is released, in the hope that it has a nice melee system.

Are there actually any 1.1 servers left? Might start playing it again if there is.

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I discovered esf pretty late.....
first version that i played was 1.2.3!

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I came in before Alpha 2.0 but didn't actually start playing until Alpha 2.0 came out.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Alpha 1.8 FTW (1.8 was right before 2.0 right? There was no 1.9 was there? So long ago .. I can't really remember xD)

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
First version I played slightly predated Alpha 1.5 I thought. :p

How I found this mod? It was through an old mod database called Espacemod (now dead I believe). Used to look for mods on there back then.

I only played Earth's Special Forces over LAN though. I remember Akimbot used to provide bot support for Earth's Special Forces before they took away support for it as well as Dragonmod Z. At least we got to see a new bot for Earth's Special Forces though. Dragonmod Z was supposed to have a new bot, but I never seen it.

To me, Alpha 1.8 and Alpha 1.9 look almost exactly the same except some additions and bug fixes. Alpha 2.0 was great for power-struggle fun and sometimes fun to mess with the SSJ Script. Probably the most epic releases I ever encountered throughout my playtime was Alpha 2.0 (Brought increasing powerlevels to life), Beta 1.0 (Great for having transformations, working melee, CTDB mode, and others), and Beta 1.2 (Advanced melee support, Japanese Soundpack, and some others). Not counting Beta 1.3 yet since it's still under open beta. Even more interesting is that the ones I mentioned for being epic had trailers of some sort. :p

Last edited:
Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Alpha 1.8 FTW (1.8 was right before 2.0 right? There was no 1.9 was there? So long ago .. I can't really remember xD)
Just out of curiosity, what was the community like back then? Most of the people around now joined in the last few years. Any different to what we have now?

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
The first mod based on DBZ I discovered was DMZ, I didnt really get into that much and searched for any other DBZ based mod, ESF came up have stuck with ever since, beta 1.0.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Just out of curiosity, what was the community like back then? Most of the people around now joined in the last few years. Any different to what we have now?
Those were happier days.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
totally different. Smaller, more relaxed, less ironic ... more fun.
and full of my super bad english skills ... hahah

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, YES. The forums were active as HELL. You'd see posts almost every 30 seconds. There was even one time where over 500 people were signed on.

Sigh, the good ol' days.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
well yeah but if you leave out the noobs the "core" community was pretty small .. but much more active

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Surprisingly I'm missing all the noobs asking when 1.3 comes out. Oh well.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Surprisingly I'm missing all the noobs asking when 1.3 comes out. Oh well.
Don't worry, they've been replaced with people trying to find certain buttons on their keyboards ^^.

Over 500 at one point (still not over 9000), that's more than the number of times we all visit in a week or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom