you know a forum is too popular when...

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This forum has been around for 4 years, since late 2001, so you got to expect people to come and go.

DMW

Best answers
Yeah you do have to expect people to come and go.This forum is still very popular i tried to come in here the day before yesterday and it said somting like the site has reached its bandwith limit,so im guessing it meant the site could not hold anymore people.I got on later that night but still this forum is and will remain popular for years to come.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This isn't breaking news. Go to the members page, sort the users by posts, and see how many pages of users there are with 0 posts. (158 pages minus 5 users with 1 post, = 4735 users with 0 posts, = almost 32% of the community has never posted.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't non-posting users get deleted after a while? At another forum I visit they delete anyone with a postcount under 10 after a couple of months. Otherwise people just steal the funky usernames and never post with them :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
they dont get deleted here, theres alot of old ppl that i havent seen posting here... one of them is the creator of the ssj script, but then again he could have changed his name and i just wouldnt know who it was...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nsw316 said:
they dont get deleted here, theres alot of old ppl that i havent seen posting here... one of them is the creator of the ssj script, but then again he could have changed his name and i just wouldnt know who it was...
*clears throat*

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magus said:
Moved to Off-Topic.

And Kidboy, don't spam k.
Oh i didn't mean to spam. I was signifying that I was the person he was talking about by clearing my throat. Usually you do that get attention after something has been said. I apologize for what i did and I will make sure I do not do that again.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
Oh i didn't mean to spam. I was signifying that I was the person he was talking about by clearing my throat. Usually you do that get attention after something has been said. I apologize for what i did and I will make sure I do not do that again.
There is no need to apologize in the same thread either, just PM the admin/mod in question.

Best answers
some people just dont post but it doesnt mean they arent active..i just dont have a need to post anything..i rather just read..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is sort of a mute point--posts in offtopic, one of the most busy parts of the forum, don't count toward your post count. So some people probably post all the time, there. I have had something like 800 or so posts for the last year and a half, it hasn't gone up because I post mostly in offtopic. There are many people who are in offtopic more than the other sections, so it's to be expected.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u want to know a forum that is to popular its a forum called gaia if u can even call that waiste of bandwitch filled with whiney teens a forum

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VivaLaPineapple said:
u want to know a forum that is to popular its a forum called gaia if u can even call that waiste of bandwitch filled with whiney teens a forum
Oh, you mean that forum where you manipulate a .gif character, by posting?

I visited that forum for a few days, and I saw so much angst... it was revolting.

They had a sports section, so it wasn't too disappointing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Iv'e been there the entire length of this forum's existance. November 2001 baby!

Best answers
Magus said:
And Kidboy, don't spam k.
dontcha think u overreacted a bit? posting a whole thread wit 200 post with the text: " I LOVE BIG MEN!!!!" that's what i call spamming.....

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@moN said:
dontcha think u overreacted a bit? posting a whole thread wit 200 post with the text: " I LOVE BIG MEN!!!!" that's what i call spamming.....
No. Questioning a moderator's actions, especially when it wasn't directed at you, is spam. Don't make a habit of it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@moN said:
The spam rule for this forum is dictated by whether the post is related to the topic, and also adds either more information or a written point of view that slightly agrees with the subject in the spotlight at the moment. Say someone was to simply qoute someone with a simple *clears throat*, neither of these requested litigations. The thread doesn't gain any information, just that someone agrees or disagrees with an already presented opinion.

Say if you were to do this.
-

His name was Antoine3323, and the reason they aren't deleted is because of possible identity theft.
-

Something like that isn't considered spam, because it added information and continued the progress of this thread.

Which is a generalization of ESF as a society.
-

Also, if further questions are needed answered, please send a PM to an admin/mod.

Let's keep this topic, on topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom