Year of the Spider

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just bought Year of the Spider by Cold, and I must say that it is a great CD.

It is a change from 13 Ways to Bleed on Stage, but then again, 13 Ways was a change from their self-titled album.

I love all the songs on it, not a single one is bad in my opinion. I love the way Scooter sings, he puts a lot of emotion into vocals.

Songs that stand out to me:

Sad Happy - A song written about one of their fans who was raped by her own father when she was seventeen. She told them how their music helped her get over such a horrible tragedy, so they wrote this song especially for her. I have a friend who has had a similar thing happen to her so it just hits me right in my heart.

The Day Seattle Died - This song, from what I gather, seems to be a eulogy to two of Seattle's greatest bands, Nirvana and Alice in Chains. With references like "Blown away by fame, we could all hear the shotgun hit the floor" and "You sat in your angry chair and tried to be you, the needle became your queen" who could argue that this isn't a eulogy to the unfortunate deaths of both Layne Staley and Kurt Cobain?

So, I recommend all you Cold fans to buy this album, and for those who want a change of pace, you try it out too.

Album Track Listing:

01. Remedy
02. Suffocate
03. Cure My Tragedy (A Letter To God)
04. Stupid Girl
05. Don't Belong
06. Wasted Years
07. Whatever You Became
08. Sad Happy
09. Rain Song
10. The Day Seattle Died
11. Change The World
12. Black Sunday
13. Kill The Music Industry

Best answers
yeah im a big cold fan i have their CD too man wasted years is the best song i love it, sad happy is good too. u ahve good music taste dude U like sublime too? cuz if ya do ur my type of person man

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom