XMAS - Update

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No offense, but it is not really smart to use material in your teaser/trailers that is not going to be in the final 'product'. There's already a lot of confusion these days with the whole beta 1.2.3/Open Beta 1.3 stuff. Showing even more stuff that's not going to be in the game is only going to confuse people even more, especially new people, who already think Open Beta 1.3 = ESF:Final.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh yeah, your vegeta was very \\"accurate\\"
stop lying to yourself and better point out the stuff you don`lt like intsead of saying it`s not accurate
Ok Doormat, I'll stop lying to myself. I'm clearly posting what I'm posting to paint a picture of a different reality for myself to comfort my own existence in some way.

Of all the people on the team, it is laughable that you would pic at my accuracy.

Who lets this guy speak anyway?

As I said before, when I have some time to sit down and get pics together I will explain what I feel may not be so accurate. I would hate to rush my effort.

A few crits and the thread gets on its rags, funny stuff.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
_wheres, you cant have a whine at something with such passion, provide absolutely nothing to back an argument, and think it will slip through as some casual passing comment. You have become an antagonist without having anything besides passion for your opinion. If you have such an over-confidence in your opinion, and you didnt want to 'rush your effort'... then bring somethin to the table - you dont make such a vaccuous, pretentious post then not expect a reaction, thats just not how you make porridge mate.

What really exposes your character is that you received a gift, and all you can do is overlook anything positive and go straight to the negative. The fact you have done this so smugly is why there is a reaction in the first place.

Animations need a bit of work especially that weird looking double kick, and why do those 3 seem to be performing exactly the same actions? I hope this isn't some cheap cloning practice
Thats just DT showing off for an update. It showcases a few models in a unique way as a gift for you to enjoy. Do you grimace when you open your xmas gifts too?

Also sure the effects are nice and all- but are you guys referencing them from the anime / manga at all? (I say this because the effects / colors are mostly all wrong)
No, everything is done totally blind. Noone on the team has even watched or read dragonball. Thats why we have a green oblong shaped KHH. Seriously, you just dont make such a blanket criticism without citing even one example like that. Do you even want to help to mod, or do you just savour being the token pessimist?

Also there is no giant purple planet near namek. There are three suns.
I didnt realise Layne was banned from experimenting with his own work.

You seem to think what you're doing is completely faultless so I don't think it matters what I say
Dalte is...hrm...how shall I say......like Steve Urkel - hes a unique character... Hes just being proud of his work. He comes across as being silly for fun, as opposed to you coming across as arrogant. You attack his work without basis, he asks what he needs to improve, and you attack his ego without basis...

When I work with source material, I like to be accurate to it- that is all.
Thats fair enough, I agree, but your point isnt going to be served if you rub people the wrong way.

Last edited:
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
and here i was thinking how would i say all those things, but KYnetiK couldnt do it better xD
_wheres, u seriously need something to back up your opinion or it'll be totally worthless to stand for it >_<

(trying to stay on topic)
The trailer was awesome, Sicron has a point to what he said, but the updates that u guys have done so far is just amazing for the HL engine. Im just wondering if u guys come up with new features before u finish working on one, or u already have a plan of all the features in the release?

Last edited:
Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
we actually develop new features quite daily, a lot of which are tools to help developers do new things quicker and easier. We do what we can to optimize our work through code and external file usage. And to continue our passion for just an amazing game regardless of it being 'ACCURATE' to the show, it is a game made by people who are doing this for fun, so we like add any feature we can to make this mod/game more unique that anything before. I personally as an animator want new animation tools and possibilities to make you people feel like you are truly in the game and really feel like you are the characters and are REALLY fighting for your life. Mappers want to do their best to make your world feel as submersible as possible. Our FX are receiving daily updates to make sure that everything you see just makes your jaw drop and say, "wooow"....

this is a mod made by people who are not getting paid to do this, but choose to do this out of their passion for game development. Sure not everything is accurate, we are people who just want to enjoy what we do. Do we NEED to be 100% accurate to the show? HELL NO... we can do whatever we want. We just want to create a game that submerses you players into a world that you have never been in and to enjoy every bit of it. Whats the point of copying the show 100% which basically limits our creativity? We are doing this for fun and we can do what we like regardless of what the nit-pickers say. If they dont like the direction we are going, then they can simply leave. Losing 1 fan will definately not matter, because when we release, I am positive we will gain a million more. Regardless of how accurate we are to the show...

speaking of accuracy, how many fans did ESF have from Alpha 2.0 , Beta 1.0, Beta 1.2...... a damn ****load and how accurate were those?... not even close... :)

and as far as I can see... no one really gives a flying **** on how accurate we are except for 1-2 people. Id rather please the millions over 1 person. I just ignore the nay sayers....
For the melee if you guys couldnt tell.. it was looped OVER and OVER and OVER again... I kinda feel sad for you if you couldnt figure that out.. It was pretty obvious, I mean. 3-4 characters were doing the exact same animation over and over and over again in the same clip... lol.

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I consider accuracy to the show/manga to be less important. Sure, we're basing it off DBZ, but we take liberties with that a lot. There's a great deal of personal style put into it. And personal style will trump accuracy. If someone doesn't like it, well, that's their opinion and won't neccesarily change the way the dev handles their stuff.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Damn just watched my trailer again, someone plz post and tell me how bad ass I am. Because didn't say it enough in this thread.

Dalte89 wants some loving too

:'{|) <---Those are my big brown lips

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahaha :)

@Dalte: Dude, i have an idea.
Make a new topic with an effects update video so that we can all show our appreciation there.
What do you say? :D

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He has to get that past the rest of the dev team first.

And he has a different update that he should be writing right now. Hes 2 weeks overdue allready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom