Xbox 360 Real Images And Ect!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too late :O

The standard PS2 cable length is 2 meters, that's plenty of distance to remain wired, in fact I can sit on my sofa with a wired controller perfectly fine. My brother has a wireless PS2 controller which runs off AA batteries, apparently the life is quite good but it can be a ***** if it cuts out :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That controller looks really uncomfortable :S

Best answers
IMO, I don't really care what it looks like or the color. If its going to be pure white I can always fix that myself and change the color of it. Not that hard. Controller I'm not going to knock it until I've tried it. If I don't like it I'll look for a different one I know some some other knock off company will make. I'm also not going to judge if the design is crap or not until the final product is being advertised. Other wise I'm going to ignore all the supposed leak of what the new Xbox will look like. :S

Best answers
You will be able to change the color of the Xbox.

Xbox 360 System Performance Specifications
Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU

* Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
* Two hardware threads per core; six hardware threads total
* VMX-128 vector unit per core; three total
* 128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
* 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance

* 9 billion dot product operations per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor

* 10 MB of embedded DRAM
* 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines
* Unified shader architecture

Polygon Performance

* 500 million triangles per second

Pixel Fill Rate

* 16 gigasamples per second fill rate using 4x MSAA

Shader Performance

* 48 billion shader operations per second

Memory

* 512 MB of 700 MHz GDDR3 RAM
* Unified memory architecture

Memory Bandwidth

* 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
* 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
* 21.6 GB/s front-side bus

Overall System Floating-Point Performance

* 1 teraflop

Storage

* Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive
* 12x dual-layer DVD-ROM
* Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB

I/O

* Support for up to four wireless game controllers
* Three USB 2.0 ports
* Two memory unit slots

Optimized for Online

* Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features with broadband service, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, gamer profile for digital identity, and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies, or listening to music
* Built-in Ethernet port
* Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g
* Video camera ready

Digital Media Support

* Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD • Ability to stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras and Windows XP-based PCs
* Ability to rip music to the Xbox 360 hard drive
* Custom playlists in every game
* Built-in Media Center Extender for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
* Interactive, full-screen 3-D visualizers

High-Definition Game Support

* All games supported at 16:9, 720p, and 1080i, anti-aliasing
* Standard-definition and high-definition video output supported

Audio

* Multi-channel surround sound output
* Supports 48KHz 16-bit audio
* 320 independent decompression channels
* 32-bit audio processing
* Over 256 audio channels

System Orientation

* Stands vertically or horizontally

Customizable Face Plates

* Interchangeable to personalize the console

I'm gettin one of these.

Best answers
I"ll get one as well but im sure it won't appeal too me at all with the exception of 2 or 3 games on it like the previous xbox. They just seem too be way to tied up in there online community plans too me, but who can argue though that is their selling point, other then that im looking forward to the other two alot more.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All this and more for only one low price of $29.95 for 24 weeks :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
xbox is becoming much more pc-ish.. you can even buy different cases soon..

modding it wont be big trouble, and you will want to, because you can practically use it for anything you use a PC for...

Best answers
Well on another subject about the xbox, people are going around saying sony has just been " pwned ". It would seem that the xbox360 might be as powerful as the PS3 or atleast equal from what's all said in this recent article.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzcxLDE=

According to the newest information released by Microsoft,they were hiding information to trow Sony off, and the Xbox 360 GPU is indeed more powerful than that of the Ps3.

http://www.hardocp.com/index.html

Some things that amazed some people in the article the most are as quoted below.

"The bus between the CPU and GPU was characterized as unique and proprietary. Mr. Feldstein did let on that the bus could shuttle up to 22 Gigabytes of data per second. Much like GDDR3, this would be a full duplex bus, or one that “goes both ways” at one time.

Inside the Smart 3D Memory is what is referred to as a 3D Logic Unit. This is literally 192 Floating Point Unit processors inside our 10MB of RAM. This logic unit will be able to exchange data with the 10MB of RAM at an incredible rate of 2 Terabits per second. So while we do not have a lot of RAM, we have a memory unit that is extremely capable in terms of handling mass amounts of data extremely quickly. The most incredible feature that this Smart 3D Memory will deliver is “antialiasing for free” done inside the Smart 3D RAM at High Definition levels of resolution. (For more of just what HiDef specs are, you can read here. Yes, the 10MB of Smart 3D Memory can do 4X Multisampling Antialiasing at or above 1280x720 resolution without impacting the GPU. So all of your games on Xbox 360 are not only going to be in High Definition, but all will have 4XAA applied as well.

The Smart 3D Memory can also compute Z depths, occlusion culling, and also does a very good job at figuring stencil shadows. You know, the shadows in games that will be using the DOOM 3 engine, like Quake 4 and Prey."

Microsoft skipped specs to trow off sony,
First off, we reported on page 2 in our chart that the capable “Shader Performance” of the Xbox 360 GPU is 48 billion shader operations per second. While that is what Microsoft told us, Mr. Feldstein of ATI let us know that the Xbox 360 GPU is capable of doing two of those shaders per cycle. So yes, if programmed for correctly, the Xbox 360 GPU is capable of 96 billion shader operations per second. Compare this with ATI’s current PC add-in flagship card and the Xbox 360 more than doubles its abilities.

- Gamespot Fourm Members

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gamespot Forum Members said:
...one that “goes both ways”
Like a bisexual :p (Yes thank you Ted, that was the joke).

Not that I don't trust Gamespot 'Fourm' Members, but I doubt Microsoft would give out incorrect specs to 'throw off' Sony (the machine itself wouldn't be any better surely) and this close to E3, it's not like they're going to change the hardware. To me it seems a bit too much like fanboyism hidden behind technical terminology to be believable.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. That's a load of crap. I'm pretty sure they're just going to double up now that the info on the PS3 is out. Not unlike the rapidly revealing strategy of Nintendo--wait for the other people to make their move and withhold all information while they reshuffle their stuff to adequately compete.

96 billion shader calculations for the Xbox is really preposterous. When is it ever going to have to do that, when the game world probably doesn't even have half that's worth of polygons or reflective surfaces?

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doubt this is true. If it was, they would use this instead of two Apple G5s for their E3 demos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom