Wrl???

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
What is wrl file for? I found in models this files
powerupaura.wrl
rock.wrl and more...and wat program is create this file?

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
"wrl" models have animated textures or something like that while "mdl" models don't!

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but what 3D program has support for them out of interest?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
milkshape and 3dsmax can import them wouldn't know about others

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I have Milkshape 1.7.5 and I can only export a WRL, not import, however MS3D tends to **** itself and crash when loading textures that arent BMPs so i dont see what use it can be. Is there such thing as a VRML-WRL Viewer that im overlooking?

Im trying to find a new 3D tool to immerse myself into, not sure between Softimage and Max..

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
So no one know what for is this wrl file?or how to made one...tutorial or something

Best answers
wrl's are animated textures that can be made in milkshape 3d and can be edited in crossroads. Use crossroads to import them and then export them to a file extension that milkshape can read and import it there to modify it and then you can export it to WRL directly from milkshape...

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I search for Crossroads but i don`t find...i import wrl with milkshape but i don`t see nothing.if you have a link with crossroads plz giveme :)

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Milkshape crashes whenever i attempt to load a texture thats not a bitmap though so wth. Only use for MS3D and wrls is to make a mesh to replace the esf trans auras....

On the topic of crossroads, I googled 'crossroads wrl' and you should get it straight away... its all about logical keywords
This page I found quite useful.

Also something else thats bothering me, do wrls support animation sequences? Im doubtful myself, im just curious whether its the ESF engine making the transformation aura spin, or if its the wrl doing that.

BTW why did the trans auras and the powerup rocks need to be wrl in the first place? They dont even have animated textures =/ Why didnt these instances just use MDLs??

Force Pit Member
Best answers
no, they dont suport bones actualy, i played a lot with them, theyre very limited

and, less ping perhaps :|, i think thyere size can be modifyed with codeing for more efects, not shure exactly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom