ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
DragonDude said:
The ESF team is highly dedicated, and they've come far with the mod. They've really made the HL engine their own.
in the name of the team ... yeah baby ;)
And we're still having lots of ideas for esf... and not to forget: fun :)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
You don't need the source code to an application to write cheats for it... go learn how to "sniff" data packets and you'll see it's quite easy.

Valve isn't releasing crap until they get permission from id Software, who wrote the engine Half Life was based off of.

Don't believe anything Gabe says anyways.

On topic:

ESF is one of the most innovative/unique mods I've ever seen, along with others like Natural Selection. It gets a thumbs up from me.
Well my point was that the cheat makers would just get way worse and totally turn it up a notch.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Whoever said that Valve would have to wait for id, I think you'd be pretty mistaken. For starters, the Q2 source (which hl was originally based on) is out. The engine, the sdk, everything, free to download off id's ftp. I know, I've done it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HL was based on the QII engine, but u dont know if this is all what HL can do, u can see that HL engine can do alot of things for a 6 year old game...who knows if there are any secret things....X-x

Best answers
yer great mod it's the mod I play the most and it's not even finshed yet but the only bad thing is that sometimes you play complate *******s on servers eg using krillens splitting beam over and over again but apart from that it's great

Best answers
this is easily the best DBZ mod out there ATM. I remember when ESF and DMZ were in hot competition lol

Best answers
Bihal said:
Whoever said that Valve would have to wait for id, I think you'd be pretty mistaken. For starters, the Q2 source (which hl was originally based on) is out. The engine, the sdk, everything, free to download off id's ftp. I know, I've done it.
Yeah, they released the Q2 source... so? o_O I don't see how this means he's wrong... in fact, he's right, Valve needs their permission to release.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
I doubt Valve will release the source just because HL2 is coming. I believe Gabe Newell has even expressed his uneasiness about releasing it due to the number of cheats and other exploits that could be made with knowledge of the source. Before HL source is released, HL gaming must be damn near complete death, and I don't see that happening for a while.

-Karrde-
the lengths at which some people would go just to do well in a video game astounds me

Best answers
Yeah esf is one of the few mods to actually do what they had planed to do. Like with the melee system it sounded good on paper and for the most part they delivered what they said they would.

Best answers
DragonDude said:
You think he's the only one? That's like saying Neil Armstrong was the only man behind the Moon Walk.

The ESF team is highly dedicated, and they've come far with the mod. They've really made the HL engine their own.
Micheal jackson invented the moon walk fool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom