World of Warcraft: PvE to PvP Transfers = ALLOWED

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Ooo I remember another thing blizzard is going to do. In lich king there will be some area's that are kinda like like the current arena system, but instead of being a small area, it will be an entire zone. So going to quest there you can get attacked by ANYONE, horde or alliance alike.

Man, oh man that sounds familiar, where have I heard that before. Huh.

Gamespot said:
Should you choose to play on a free-for-all player-versus-player server, be prepared for frustration. On those servers, you will be killed--often--by archers camping spawn points and "griefers" who get their jollies from punishing new players.
Oh yeah that's right, AoC already did that. I already hate horde enough as it is, I don't want to hate Alliance too -.- (And when I'm horde, I hate alliance, you know how it goes).

Best answers
The quests in that zone are PvP orientated and nothing else.. If you go there, it is with the sole purpose of doing PvP, and thus risking getting killed by a better (geared/classed) player.

It's just a BG that is accessible by just walking into it and without limitations of xx players (and thus no queues). And forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you go into a BG to complain about getting killed by other players.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
The quests in that zone are PvP orientated and nothing else.. If you go there, it is with the sole purpose of doing PvP, and thus risking getting killed by a better (geared/classed) player.

It's just a BG that is accessible by just walking into it and without limitations of xx players (and thus no queues). And forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you go into a BG to complain about getting killed by other players.
I don't go into a BG hoping to get killed by alliance on my paladin, or horde on my rogue.

Did you not read what I said? It's an arena, but for an entire zone. Anyone can kill you. Anyone, at any time. Horde or Alliance.

Talk about annoying.

Best answers
What? There's no such thing... There's only one zone in WotLK that serves as a PvP zone, and that's Winterspring, and Winterspring is faction vs. faction. Not FFA.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
What? There's no such thing... There's only one zone in WotLK that serves as a PvP zone, and that's Winterspring, and Winterspring is faction vs. faction. Not FFA.
I swear I read somewhere that they said they were, in northrend, going to impliment a zone that's just like the arena's strung out throughout outlands o_O

;edit; ahh you're right. Thank god, that would be so annoying if it was anything like AoC.

Last edited:
Best answers
Well, you must've read a hoax then, because I can't remember Blizzard saying anything about a zone like that, only a free-to-join BG in the form of Winterspring, but not FFA deathmatch.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well, you must've read a hoax then, because I can't remember Blizzard saying anything about a zone like that, only a free-to-join BG in the form of Winterspring, but not FFA deathmatch.
Probably. I read it a long ass time ago. I can't remember when. But I just did a google search and there is a place in north rend that will have seige weapons and ****.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't want to level up on a PvE-server, even after this to be honest.

It's fun to do world PvP every now and then. If a lvl 70 comes and ganks my lowbie alt , that'd only mean that my holy pally would come gank his ass , and in most cases has done so.

When i was a lowbie myself, I still loved the world pvp , and did it the first chance I got.
However, I hated the ganking by 70's so much that I really did consider rerolling to a PvE-server.
I'm glad that I didn't do it now that I think of it afterwards.

Best answers
Yeah thats the ticket man. Only people that level on pvp servers are true pvpers. I loved leveling my rogue and using jungle warfare on the alliance any chance I got. Hell I could take on 3 at once if they were within 4 levels. Not to mention when TBC came out the portal was a warzone. 5000 skeletons piled upon the stairs to it (Not to mention 70s were easy even at lvl 65 since they had no resilence yet).

What is this forum populated by paladins? BOOOO Bubble and hearth out! Hell its even funnier that paladins need to bubble and heal to full health to try to win. I just bandage and /yawn / sleep + stealth until they are ready to get beat down. :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry, but what will you do if you hit fast with 2 weapons and you take constant reflective and concecration dmg while we are stunlocked (26 per hit ; remember that you hit fast, 210 per tick with concecration. If you stand there, stunlocking me and hitting me , it's going to hurt you by a huge margin ),

Not to mention we have plate to mitigate that damage of yours...
I only need to use one divine favor + holy shock against a rogue in most cases, sometimes even fake cast a FoL or two and then heal to full. There's really no need to bubble unless the rogue is full brutal.

Granted, a rogue doesn't die if he doesn't want to die, but you certainly won't kill me unless you seriously want to make steady burst against me for 7-8 minutes ( and i only have 360 resi, 11k hp and 10k mana pool on my PvP gear ).

However, i do feel the need to say this ; 60-70% of the paladins don't even know how to play the class ( all the scrub you see in bgs, mainly ).
But then again, this applies to every single class, while still being more than 50% in the percentages.

If you meet a paladin that knows how to play at least to some degree, you will lose to : protadins, and equally or a little inferiorly geared holy paladins. Ret is 50/50.

Last edited:
Best answers
Yeah i've seen your paladin kind around. My rogue has got about 10k hp and over 300 resil. I won't get into specifics about gear, but I have real nice daggers and the resil pvp trinket and bloodlust brooch. Heres my spec for regular pvp BGs/duels/ not bad in arena.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...000000000000000000000002501330300000000000000

Usally open up with a ambush + gouge combo so I can restealth if they don't trinket out of it. Then CS + expose armor to make em alittle more mushy. Dance around alittle until I get enough energy for vanish - cs - ks - cold blood bloodlust brooch mutilate hit and then again . Usally paladin's panic and bubble / heal. Wich is when I bandage right in their face. Rinse wash repeat until dead.

OH and thistle tea for when they absolutly will not die.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Expose armor won't help that much against us and you would be better off with just using it on stunlock instead.
The faster you get the pally to use trinket on ks , the easier it is for you to win.

If the paladin starts to panic like that as you said, the fight is already on your hands.
You _NEVER_ start to heal when your hp goes below 60%, you heal all the damage you can , be it with downranking or not.

That is where divine favor + holy shock jumps in ; after your stunlock spree, i pop it to get an instant heal and usually get back to full hp. While it's also a guaranteed crit, i waste almost no mana at all to it thanks to illumination.

Now, whenever you get low on energy, i start to heal with FoL so you can't kick me. Even if you do gain the amount of energy, i just simply cancel the heal in time so you waste it on me.
If i do need to bubble, i would make sure that you wouldn't get a chance to bandage for at least that much and only then start to heal ( plenty of time tbh ).

First, i do a r1 concecrate if your intention is to bandage right next to me - this locks you out of that possibility.

All i need to do against you really, is to just prevent you from stealthing except for vanish part and outlast.
Also, whenever i stun you and your trinket is on cd, i switch to my 2h + Divine Illumination and then Holy Shock, JoR for some burst and still keep mana efficiency.

Last edited:
Best answers
I'd really like to play against you sometime, because I haven't met a paladin I couldn't beat. Since I can uselly predict when they're about to use that nifty stun (cloak of shadows baby!). Also the alternative dot build dose a crazy amount of stacked damage (just no gouge since dots break it :cry:). BTW kick dosen't work on you? :\

And if nothing more i'll go deadpool on you!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, i am interested in dueling you as well. I don't think we play on the same server or bg though. :/

And yes, some elements are very predictable. It's the same against rogues. That's why I always try to learn a way to counter that class in an unpredictable way. :p

And it's around the same for me , too. I kill most rogues, but there's a few that have managed to kill me ( then again, not too many really kill me either. The only ones that do and i don't even bother to give a fight, is priest. Mages are the same, but i do give a fight against them and some times even manage to win them. Destro lock is also insanely hard for me ) .

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A good trick for resto shamans/druids when fighting rogues is to keep your hearthstone (or astral recall) on ur hotbars somewhere so you can pretend to heal and watch them waist their kick cooldown, lols :p not as effective as a paladin but it can work against those trigger happy rogues.

btw, there's more than one spec of paladin, I've taken 2 rogues at once with ret spec, granted I used lay on hands but I still killed em both :p

dont even make me bother trying to explain how prot just eats rogues for breakfast, I never met a rogue that ever killed me while prot spec. I just dance and watch them die.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
No offense, but if you're beating Paladin's left and right, you're playing really bad Paladins. Or they just have really bad gear.

Now with LK coming out, either they need to nerf Paladin's a bit, or they need to buff other classes. Because 2 shotting people is just outrageously OP.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just ignore paladins completely. I might not be able to kill them easily, but I dont have to worry about them killing me either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom