World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Force Pit Member
Best answers
This thread is dedicated to everything Cataclysm related. What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? What are they doing to your class that you do or don't approve of?

I made this because I know a lot of people, myself included, play WoW, and I figure I'd spark a little discussion.

With that said; I so far like what they're doing to the Paladin class; I really think adding Holy Power to change rotations up and make things less spammy and more situational.

I am still disappointed that they haven't given paladin's a gap closer, even if it's a short 4 or 5 second one on a 1 or 2 minute cool down.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new leveling process though, I like that you get a bunch of awesome stuff at level 10, but I don't know what I think about alternating between talent points and spells and abilities. I have to see it in action first.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Undead Hunters ftw.

Saddly Blood Elves get Warrior. They aren't worthy of it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow.wiki said:
[Whirlwind] will hit an unlimited number of targets, but only for 50% of weapon damage. The intent is for this ability to be used in multi-target scenarios and not on single targets.
Perfect.

Wow.wiki said:
While we like how [Titan's Grip] plays, we recognize some warriors liked the Fury tree because of the really fast swings that dual-wielding one-handed weapons could provide. Therefore, we're planning to try out a talent called [Single-Minded Fury]ω τ α that is parallel to Titan's Grip and will provide a large boost to the damage of a pair of one-handed weapons.
Perfect,

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw the worgen druid forms and I must say, they look bad ass. As opposed to trolls...

This is a troll druid :|

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I have 3 80s and 2 60s...I don't have a Druid, Warrior and Hunter. I was thinking of rolling these three as a Worgen Hunter, Nelf Druid and sumthing Warrior...but seeing the Druid forms for Worgen makes me want roll a Worgen Druid! I mean cmon, just look at that insane look with the bearform! They look crazy!!!

Force Pit Member
Best answers
But the boring side of things is that you have to have a premade group to make use of rated bgs...:D

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, there are a lot of PvP oriented guilds that see this as the golden grail.

Honestly, PvP will never be as good as it was in the classic days, where it was faction vs faction on your realm.

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm hopeing that blizz will redo all of the old pre bc models. Now, with the new cataclysm model, the old ones look way to outdated.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, there are a lot of PvP oriented guilds that see this as the golden grail.

Honestly, PvP will never be as good as it was in the classic days, where it was faction vs faction on your realm.
This is true. Faction has no meaning now. People don't even try to fight when people raid cities or anything anymore in my server. We raid Stormwind and no one tries to stop us. They raid Org no one tries to stop them. All people do is sit around waiting for Randoms.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hope PvP dies, until Resilience is removed, and survival skills are required again. WoW is dead to me. Wonder how they'll **** up raiding in this expansion this time....You'll probably be able to ignore people with lower than a certain amount of Gearscore. I'm full casual now, resorting to PuG raiding, but I would be happy if the raiding balance was restored and people can no longer pug high end instances because bosses are no longer LOLOLRUSHDPS and actually require the tactics that tbc and vanilla bosses required. I hope world bosses are brought back, and that the elitism and gear snobbery that undeserving casuals and scrubs have picked up as a result of GearScore, Achievements, and normal-mode bosses dies down.
I want to buy Cataclysm, but I don't know what to think at the moment, when this expansion has been so bad...my guild cleared everything in the first 13 days of the expansion being released. To try and stop content being beaten so easily, Blizzard then brings out heroic mode and normal mode, but content was cleared just as fast. To try and slow this down even more, Blizzard then required that you beat the normal mode of the Lich King, before being able to complete the heroic mode. This expansion has been appalling so far, and has seen many legends of the game disappear as a result of the lack of challenge. Arena videos just don't feel the same as PvP videos by people like Saerdna, Vurtne, Clazzi, Drakedog, Grim, and various other talented pvpers. Only reason I'm playing WoW atm, is because i'm an addict, and I need something to pass the time until uni starts up again. But this expansion has seen me quit 4 times and counting so far...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hope PvP dies, until Resilience is removed, and survival skills are required again. WoW is dead to me. Wonder how they'll **** up raiding in this expansion this time....You'll probably be able to ignore people with lower than a certain amount of Gearscore. I'm full casual now, resorting to PuG raiding, but I would be happy if the raiding balance was restored and people can no longer pug high end instances because bosses are no longer LOLOLRUSHDPS and actually require the tactics that tbc and vanilla bosses required. I hope world bosses are brought back, and that the elitism and gear snobbery that undeserving casuals and scrubs have picked up as a result of GearScore, Achievements, and normal-mode bosses dies down.
I want to buy Cataclysm, but I don't know what to think at the moment, when this expansion has been so bad...my guild cleared everything in the first 13 days of the expansion being released. To try and stop content being beaten so easily, Blizzard then brings out heroic mode and normal mode, but content was cleared just as fast. To try and slow this down even more, Blizzard then required that you beat the normal mode of the Lich King, before being able to complete the heroic mode. This expansion has been appalling so far, and has seen many legends of the game disappear as a result of the lack of challenge. Arena videos just don't feel the same as PvP videos by people like Saerdna, Vurtne, Clazzi, Drakedog, Grim, and various other talented pvpers. Only reason I'm playing WoW atm, is because i'm an addict, and I need something to pass the time until uni starts up again. But this expansion has seen me quit 4 times and counting so far...
ya, PVP is a piece of **** because of arena and resilience imo, especially because of resilience. I wouldn't mind arena gear if PVE gear actually still mattered in PVP, but it doesn't compared to the pre-bc days where you were a ****ing baller in world PVP and BG's if you had grand marshal/high warlord gear or t2 and t3.

This current expansion is a piece of ****, and the only flame that keeps me around is the guild I'm in and the fact that I have nothing else to do with my spare time really. Cataclysm looks promising, and I'm crossing my fingers, but I'm not doubting that Blizzard will once again lower their standards to the Casuals and the crybaby PVPers. (which is about more than half of the PVP population)

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They will lower the standards to casual.

10 mans will have the exact same loot as 25 mans. Only less of it. -.-

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I how I loved everything that Ness & Dam said.. I don't even understand why they upped the level cap from 60? I mean, I would love to do some MC/BWL now if it was still a challenge..at level 85 with my tank pala I will probably be able to solo it...(been done at 80 with a bit help). The PvP was serious fun, and old AV <3! Every oldtime WoWer would love to have vanilla back!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish they didn't take away 50% of my Damage on Whirlwind though. Maybe 25%. I want my 10% back from Titan's Grip too.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1H Titan's Grip though. That's awesome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With that said; I so far like what they're doing to the Paladin class; I really think adding Holy Power to change rotations up and make things less spammy and more situational.

I am still disappointed that they haven't given paladin's a gap closer, even if it's a short 4 or 5 second one on a 1 or 2 minute cool down.
Holy power is pretty much another copy of a rogues system but at 3 points. I personally don't like it. It's trying to make certain abilities situational that already was situational. With flash of Light taken off of Art of War, offhealing will just be that much harder to do. Unless Glory of the word is a bigger heal than what flash of light was to compensate, it would be okay.

Paladins already have a gap closer. Repentance is good for breaking a gap on a 1 minute cooldown and prot has Avenger's Shield.

And what I am finally looking forward to in ret is "Rebuke". Finally an interrupt!

Hunters get a self heal.. what's not to love?
Rogues have "Recuperate" too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom