Word Processor?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't the slightest idea why, but the ancient copies of Microsoft Works (yes, Works, not Office) on both of my computers recently died on me. Core files missing or something; that's not the reason I'm posting. The reason I'm posting is to ask what word processors you guys use when you have to make a report or other work look nicely done.
I have AbiWord right now, a free, open source word processor. It's rather good, especially since it's free, but I'm curious about what others are used. I'm guessing most use MS Word, but it never hurts to see your alternatives.

Best answers
MS Word feels really slow on documents >50 pages with a few illustrations in them. It also has a few nasty bugs (by example, it can't save documents with copy-pasted formula editor object). So I'm trying Open Office (www.openoffice.org) to write my master-thesis now. The more tech-savy people at my department use latex (http://www.latex-project.org/).

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll agree and back up harSens on that, though I use Office 2003 for backwards compatability reasons with some of my documents.

Best answers
I actually use Word Perfect. It hasnt been giving me any problems, and I find it very efficient and user-friendly.

Best answers
I use office 2003. I dont bother with anything else, word does everything I need.

Best answers
Mostly i use either vim, notepad or MS Word.

Want to buy this one thoe...

*picture edited for inappropriate content*
Ryoko

edit: doh sorry Ryoko, didnt think it was that bad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use word, but only because I've gotten used to it. I hear that Star Writer is a good program, but the ones Harsens listed seem to be better bets if your looking for multi-function office tools.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I use word, but only because I've gotten used to it. I hear that Star Writer is a good program, but the ones Harsens listed seem to be better bets if your looking for multi-function office tools.
StarWriter is a part of Star Office, which is basicly the predecessor of OpenOffice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom