Won?

Best answers
What is WON? when i start an internet game, it says somthing about won. WON authenticated and etc. what does that mean?

Best answers
that u should get a working 'legal' key, or just buy the game (i presume u didn't) if you did surf to the sierra site and explain your situation . if you didn't bought the game, buy it.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Won is something that checks you'r key and looks if its legal/valid. if it isnt legal. won will not allow you to play online.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nor will it allow you to play when its in use by someone else. Thats why you should buy one, or if you have, never give your key out.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I should point out here that he didn't say it wasn't letting him play... you may be right to jump to conclusions, but you should have inquired first.

Best answers
- 700 posts as of 3/21/03... when will the madness end?
- 800 posts as of 4/1/03... and only because I was heavily absent on the week of 3/25...
- 900 posts as of 4/8/03... not too much to say about that. It is rather self-explanitory.
- 1,000,000,00-- I mean 1,000 posts as of 4/14/03... yeah. Yeah. Next on my list of things to do: Get a life.
- 1,100 posts as of 4/21/03... but only about four from closing threads. Indeed.
- 1,200 posts as of 4/23/03... that's right, two days. Only two. Moderating is work.
- 1,300 posts as of 4/30/03...
eheh by the amount of posts u do u should get payed :D

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by bata
eheh by the amount of posts u do u should get payed :D
You are no-one to point that out to a mod.... and I am also no-one to point this out to you. But try and get the point! :\

Back on topic:

A WON-ID is a unique number that is generated using the half life CD key and is used to authenticate every person connected to the VALVE server when playing Half Life (or it's mods) on the internet. It is also a good way of confirming that every player has bought an original copy of the Half Life CD to obtain the HL CD-Key.

When it says "WON Authentication Successful", that means that you're A-Okay! Nothing to worry about... u're all fine!

Best answers
Originally posted by grOOvy
You are no-one to point that out to a mod.... and I am also no-one to point this out to you. But try and get the point! :\
lol calm down it was a simple comment nothing more. besides if u take notice he states being a mod is work in his sig :D last time i checked in most countries when u work u get paid. want to discuss this some more feel free to PM me ;)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok ok calm down people, enough about me. More about the WON system (though it has already been answered). Let the person who created this thread bump it next time... I want to hear whether or not we answered his question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom