Why piccolo has kamehameha

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Revitalized Prince, sorry. you are wrong. I've watched the episodes myself tons of times, and it is a beam. In the beginning it may not look like one, but it is. Just because he fires a beam with a "tail" start, doesn't mean right away its a ball attack :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Which attack are you both referring to? I can't provide any more pics from the episode, nor can I rewatch it as I am currently away from my 'media' computer at present. I can however provide a manga image of the Light Grenade/Gekiretsukodan that shows it is a ball;

It is quite clearly not attached to his hands in any way.

I'd do the same for Makosen only it's a filler attack, it doesn't appear in the manga. However the anime image I posted (vs. Android #17) does appear to have a consistently thick trail, indicating that it is a beam. I'm not trying to start an argument, just saying what I believe to be correct.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
That looks like a ball, correct. but if you look a few seconds longer on the episode, you see a long beam heading fast to cell. I'll give you a picture when i get back at my own house.. Since i'm at school at the moment i can't show it. Just because its not attached to his hand, doesn't mean its not a beam attack ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skyrider said:
Just because its not attached to his hand, doesn't mean its not a beam attack
Well, yes it does. A ball with a trail is still a ball-type attack. Kamehameha, Masenko, Makosen, Final Flash, Finish Buster are all beam-type attacks. The trail remains attached to their hands and they can pump more energy into it and control the beam. A ball style attack can still be pushed along with energy (Goku's Spirit Bomb against Kid Buu or Broly's Gigantic Meteor in Movie 10 are examples of this), but it is not attached to the hands.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll have to agree with Raven on this one, Skyrider. As far as I could tell, Light Grenade was always a ball attack, just with a bit of a trail to show that it's incredibly powerful. Since it's not permanently attached to the hands, like a Kamehameha, it's not a beam by that definition.

The name Light Grenade itself even implies this. A grenade is a projectile, not a beam.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Perhaps, but yet he had to stand in the same position as he fired. I think if he moved, so will the beam as well..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your argument is that he didn't move after he'd fired? That's weak. He had no reason to move, nobody was attacking him and Cell didn't dodge the attack. It's not like he tried to move and said 'Crap, i'm rooted to the spot'. Vegeta didn't move after he fired a Big Bang at #19, does that mean he couldn't move too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom